• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I bet you're not even kidding.

There's like 40,000 Canadians at any given moment in Havana every time I go.
Pretty sure they're mostly Americans sticking Canada flag stickers on their luggage so people don't treat them like shit.

Osorio

Pretty sure they're mostly Americans sticking Canada flag stickers on their luggage so people don't treat them like shit.

Maybe. I remember seeing a dude unnecessarily sweating profusely because he was rocking his Sens jersey in the middle of July.

MacAttack

They're not?! Liars!

1780549-shakehead.gif

We need some hockey news soon.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Maybe. I remember seeing a dude unnecessarily sweating profusely because he was rocking his Sens jersey in the middle of July.

I was wearing my Canucks jersey last time I went back home, in the hot sun. -shrug- LOYALTY MAN.

With the same note, seeing the odd NJD jersey in Vancouver throws me off every time. (I've only seen 2 people so far, but hey, that's... at least sth.)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I saw a guy wearing a Sharks jersey in a club near my place once....one of the more "wtf" moments of my life, talked to him for about 20 mins about hockey. Pretty cool dude.

Acid08

Banned
I saw a guy wearing a Sharks jersey in a club near my place once....one of the more "wtf" moments of my life, talked to him for about 20 mins about hockey. Pretty cool dude.

I got a lot of looks and a few interesting comments from people while I was wearing anything Sharks related in Montreal and Quebec City. Even ran into another Sharks fan randomly, was pretty cool.

We worldwide.

you must keep amazing track of the details people post, as far as i know all of NHL GAF that I haven't seen a picture of might as well look like this

Human_Being.jpeg

Yeah well I saw your Xbox avatar and I KNOW FOR CERTAIN that you're a guy with short hair and a red Blackhawks t-shirt who is always waving at me and then suddenly falling asleep. Quite frankly, I've been wanting to ask you about your narcolepsy for a while now.

Marvie_3

Banned
All the NHL players have been announced for the NHL 13 Midnight Release Parties:

EB Games Canadian Midnight Release Parties
  • Calgary - Southcenter Mall
    • Meet Mikael Backlund
    • Alternate NHL 13 Mikael Backlund Cover Sleeve
    • Prize giveaways
  • Edmonton - Kingsway Garden
    • Meet Jordan Eberle
    • Alternate NHL 13 Jordan Eberle Cover Sleeve
    • Prize giveaways
  • Montreal - Super VideoTron 1330 av. Du Mont-Royal E
    • Meet P.K. Subban
    • Alternate NHL 13 P.K. Subban Cover Sleeve
    • Prize giveaways
  • Ottawa - Merivale
    • Meet Mika Zibanejad
    • Alternate NHL 13 Mika Zibanejad Cover Sleeve
    • Prize giveaways
  • Toronto - 267 Yonge Street
    • Meet Phil Kessel & James Van Riemsdyk
    • Alternate NHL 13 Phil Kessel Cover Sleeve
    • Prize Giveaways
    • Street Hockey Tournament at Yonge-Dundas Square (Teams coached by Phil Kessel & James Van Riemsdyk)
  • Vancouver - Metropolis at Metrotown
    • Meet Henrik Sedin
    • Alternate NHL 13 Henrik Sedin Cover Sleeve
    • Prize giveaways
  • Winnipeg - Crossroads Station
    • Meet Evander Kane
    • Alternate NHL 13 Evander Kane Cover Sleeve
    • Prize Giveaways

Pretty sure Random Dancing actually is a girl and she posts in here sometimes. If what Soc is saying is true (which I don't think it is....), that would make Flyers-Gaf like half girls.

We count t0mp's gf too.

Speaking of which.... where the hell has he been?

Osorio

I was wearing my Canucks jersey last time I went back home, in the hot sun. -shrug- LOYALTY MAN.

With the same note, seeing the odd NJD jersey in Vancouver throws me off every time. (I've only seen 2 people so far, but hey, that's... at least sth.)

If I moved to Canada I'd wear something Devils related probably every day. At least a fitted.

Going to play more stick and puck tomorrow with my friend and then going to open skate with a group. Man does it feel great to get back on the ice again, seriously one of the best feelings in the world.

Going to play more stick and puck tomorrow with my friend and then going to open skate with a group. Man does it feel great to get back on the ice again, seriously one of the best feelings in the world.

Hopefully I'm going out with some guys from my undergrad club team on Friday. So pumped.
I'm gonna end up puking on the bench....

Where do you play at? If there's any NJ/PA gaffers that play we should have an open hockey meet!

I'm in DC now so I don't get to play in NJ very often. I grew up less than 5 minutes away from Floyd Hall though. Next time I'm in NJ I'd def be up for playing some open. Just gotta organize it ahead of time so I know to bring my bag.

Let's talk about how awesome Kessel was last season. 6th overall in scoring! Even after the Leafs took a nosedive and he lost his BFF Lupes for a quarter of the season.

ice hockey

— n
a game played on ice by two opposing teams of six players each, who wear skates and try to propel a flat puck into their opponents' goal with long sticks having an offset flat blade at the end

Solo

— y

a year 45 years in the past in which the Vietnam War was still being waged, the Beatles were still together, the Cold War and the threat of nuclear holocaust were still real, internet didn't exist, Manics was the spry age of 37, and also the last year the Maple Leafs won a Stanley Cup.

— y

a year 45 years in the past in which the Vietnam War was still being waged, the Beatles were still together, the Cold War and the threat of nuclear holocaust were still real, internet didn't exist, Manics was the spry age of 37, and also the last year the Maple Leafs won a Stanley Cup.

Uncalled for

Top Bottom