• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

calder

how can you guys be talking about EA's latest underwhelming offer when the freakin Canada Cup is on. *shakes head*
25th anniversary Canada Cup game 1 on TSN is great. Love the discussion with Larionov, Murphy and Keenan, and im not gonna lie im so glad they added a modern score ticker.

'87 made me a hockey fan for life, this shit is so awesome. KLM line just as mythically amazing as I remember.

Lmao at Messier elbowing Soviet player in mouth, then crosschecking him a bit after the whistle, then whack him hard on the helmet/shoulder until he gets a penalty is funny. The fact that the call makes Gretzky legit furious is hilarious, never mind the fact there was like 3 uncalled muggings in the background. #oldschool

calder

Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie)
2012-09-11 8:42 PM
Loving this 87 Canada Cup on TSN. By today's standards, Messier would have had about 38 games worth of suspensions in 3rd period alone. Ha.
Lol yes

You can always sniff glue.

49A86E70-F037-445D-AC08-9B99341276C4-59460-00001992CE7998C9.jpg

Awesome film

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The NHL 13 Companion App isn't available from iTunes Australia?

*flips table*

It's not? It should be, do you have a compatible iOS device?

Requirements: Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 5.0 or later.

Alternatively, just make a free US account (log out, go to the US store, try downloading it and create a US account, don't enter any payment info and make up some BS us adress?)

RC

Banned
I tried the NHL 13 demo for about 5 minutes before I got frustrated with the controls. It's a yearly tradition of mine.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Just a heads up for the GAF VS League in NHL 13 if you're signing up pm your GT so I know who you are to screen lurkers and randoms.

The NHLPA will not accept a rollback off the start ...the league insists on such ... where's the middle ground for tomorrow?

Players have their backs against the wall :/

Get a fucking deal done you bums. You are getting paid to play hockey instead of doing a real job. Just take it up the ass and live with your millions.

Scott Hartnel was on the Preston and Steve show today and he said that the owners were trying to take away the players ability to earn a good living. He also said that the 15th is not a dealine since camps dont even start until the 21st.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Scott Hartnel was on the Preston and Steve show today and he said that the owners were trying to take away the players ability to earn a good living. He also said that the 15th is not a dealine since camps dont even start until the 21st.

Fuck me. It is comments like that that make it hard to side with the players.

The menu interface for NHL 13 is dumb as fuck

Is there a way to play against someone with someone in your Xbl party as a teammate? Also is it possible to drop in an EASHL game with a friend as well?

I am liking NHL13 more then any other game I can remember. The only thing that sucks is my contracts expire so fast that I have run out of contract cards before I have enough money to buy a gold pack. Does anyone know if you get more pucks for playing online MUT, and if the online is a glitched as past game?

ShaneB

how can you guys be talking about EA's latest underwhelming offer when the freakin Canada Cup is on. *shakes head*
25th anniversary Canada Cup game 1 on TSN is great. Love the discussion with Larionov, Murphy and Keenan, and im not gonna lie im so glad they added a modern score ticker.

'87 made me a hockey fan for life, this shit is so awesome. KLM line just as mythically amazing as I remember.

Lmao at Messier elbowing Soviet player in mouth, then crosschecking him a bit after the whistle, then whack him hard on the helmet/shoulder until he gets a penalty is funny. The fact that the call makes Gretzky legit furious is hilarious, never mind the fact there was like 3 uncalled muggings in the background. #oldschool

I watched the overtime period and it was definitely a real treat to see that as well. I enjoyed the panel stuff as well, but I disagree on the modern overlay, I love classic hockey to have all the classic feel to it.

I love the old style goaltending as well before butterfly really took over. They're flopping all over the place. lol

Was nice to see one of my favourite players again as well when I was a kid. Mike Gartner, always thought he was so underrated.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Hockey News:

Leafs sign Ben Scrivens to a two year deal: 600,000 and 625,000.

That locks up 1c...or is it 1b now since the Monster is gone? I've lost count.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
A bunch of players just hit waivers for whatever reason

12 players between Boston and Florida... Mostly Florida... 25% former leafs

calder

I watched the overtime period and it was definitely a real treat to see that as well. I enjoyed the panel stuff as well, but I disagree on the modern overlay, I love classic hockey to have all the classic feel to it.

I love the old style goaltending as well before butterfly really took over. They're flopping all over the place. lol

Was nice to see one of my favourite players again as well when I was a kid. Mike Gartner, always thought he was so underrated.

One guy on twitter said his kids were watching the game and asked why the goalies weren't wearing pads. So true, it's crazy to watch now.

Marvie_3

Banned
Fuck me. It is comments like that that make it hard to side with the players.
Times are tough man. It's hard to get by with an average salary of $3M and a guaranteed minimum salary of $550k.

The menu interface for NHL 13 is dumb as fuck

Is there a way to play against someone with someone in your Xbl party as a teammate? Also is it possible to drop in an EASHL game with a friend as well?
You can play with them in OTP.

Alucard

Banned

Hey man, don't forget all of the equipment that these guys have to pa...the team pays for that? Oh, sorry. In that case, there are all of those travel expen...oh, no there aren't. But hey! They have to pay to stay at their own hote...they don't? The team pays for those things?

Fuck these assholes.

Marvie_3

Banned
Hey man, there are all of those travel expen...oh, no there aren't. But hey! They have to pay to stay at their own hote...they don't? The team pays for those things?

Fuck these assholes.

WE DESERVE TO HAVE EVERYTHING PAID FOR AND GET A MAJORITY OF THE REVENUE

Solo

Yeah, its impossible to have sympathy for either side here. The only people who are really going to suffer are the grunt staff members of the teams/arenas making small salaries and the fans.

Fuck the greedy players and fuck the greedy owners.

Yeah, its impossible to have sympathy for either side here. The only people who are really going to suffer are the grunt staff members of the teams/arenas making small salaries and the fans.

Fuck the greedy players and fuck the greedy owners.

I totally agree about fuck both sides. I wish they would just agree to split the revenues 50/50, keep the salary cap, limit contracts to 5 years but dont put a cap on maximum salaries.

Top Bottom