• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Marvie_3

Banned
Hey let's take individual stats and compare them to team stats!
He was arguing power play stats and last time I checked that wasn't an individual stat! ;)

Ain't got one, bro. But I've seen him asked about Minny this season and him responding that he didn't want to go back home. Video interview somewhere or other.

I guess you'll just have to wait until July 1 to know you should have never questioned me!
So you do or you don't have one? Stop acting like Manics and making shit up.

Solo

So you do or you don't have one? Stop acting like Manics and making shit up.

Saw an interview some months ago. Don't care enough to try to find it. When he doesn't go to Minny on July 1, you'll see. If he does, you can call me a Manics' uncle.

He's near worthless, and I'm serious. I don't want him in a Kings uniform.

Like, seriously, just because Pancakes was flat in the regular season you want him gone? After the regular season he flipped his pour production, and even then it's not like the other forwards turned the heat up. It was just a case of him going from the frying pan to the fire. And anyway it's not like you guys got creped on salary by having him (too much). Wasn't he Battered for most of the season anyway? If you're really wondering why I'm grilling you, it's because you're implying he's a lemon. Or perhaps we should just agree to disagree and I'll stop waffling on.

He was arguing power play stats and last time I checked that wasn't an individual stat! ;)
Lol afraid to look at CHI's powerhouse 26th ranked PP in the league? Meanwhile FLA was ranked #7. Why, because of a great blue-line. Campbell's pairing partner Garrison has 19 goals on the year. Campbell is the playmaker and top puck handler on the PP, without him the PP is nowhere near as good.

The original point was Chi was completely fleeced in the Campbell trade for someone who spent the season in the AHL.

Like, seriously, just because Pancakes was flat in the regular season you want him gone? After the regular season he flipped his pour production, and even then it's not like the other forwards turned the heat up. It was just a case of him going from the frying pan to the fire. And anyway it's not like you guys got creped on salary by having him (too much). Wasn't he Battered for most of the season anyway? If you're really wondering why I'm grilling you, it's because you're implying he's a lemon. Or perhaps we should just agree to disagree and I'll stop waffling on.

This is eggcellent.

Heretic

I fucking love this guy!

Clydefrog

well, hmm, LOL

Marvie_3

Banned
Lol afraid to look at CHI's powerhouse 26th ranked PP in the league? Meanwhile FLA was ranked #7. Why, because of a great blue-line. Campbell's pairing partner Garrison has 19 goals on the year. Campbell is the playmaker and top puck handler on the PP, without him the PP is nowhere near as good.

The original point was Chi was completely fleeced in the Campbell trade for someone who spent the season in the AHL.

You do realize why Campbell was traded right? His fucking CAP HIT. That trade was purely a salary dump. Chicago wasn't looking to get even value for it. They wanted that bloated mess of a contract gone and the only way they could do that was by taking Olesz. Are you really dumb enough to think Chicago makes that trade if they aren't looking for cap flexibility?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Gentlemanapplause.gif

Cactus

Banned
You do realize why Campbell was traded right? His fucking CAP HIT. That trade was purely a salary dump. Chicago wasn't looking to get even value for it. They wanted that bloated mess of a contract gone and the only way they could do that was by taking Olesz. Are you really dumb enough to think Chicago makes that trade if they aren't looking for cap flexibility?

Who replaced his cap hit? Oduya and Montador?

I'd rather have Campbell for four more years than those two guys for three years each. You guys basically traded one of the best PP players in the league for a guy who you're paying to stay away from the NHL, and then replaced him with players who are much worse.

After thinking about it, I'm convinced the Wild trade for Suter's rights and sign him. fairly certain that if Parise makes it to f.a. we then sign him to a monster contract. Wild are a playoff team when healthy and have a great crop of prospects. with those two who knows where were at.

I really just don't see how Minny is an enticing place for them to sign if they want to be contenders, yeah they had that run last year and what not but I still think they are a ways away from being an actual contender. Suter will go to Detroit if he doesn't sign with Nashville, I would almost guarantee it with what Holland will do and the early rumors of Detroit being top on his list. Parise is a different story, but if not him, then we will probably sign Semin.

Marvie_3

Banned
Who replaced his cap hit? Oduya and Montador?

I'd rather have Campbell for four more years than those two guys for three years each. You guys basically traded one of the best PP players in the league for a guy who you're paying to stay away from the NHL, and then replaced him with players who are much worse.
Leddy is Campbell's replacement. Both guys are below average defensively. Both are good skaters and are good at moving the puck down the ice. Leddy has a better shot but Campbell is better right now on the PP. Leddy is also only 21 years old. So for the price of Campbell we have Leddy and two 3rd pairing guys (Oduya, Montador) who are better than any of the other 3rd pair defensemen we've had the last several years(O'Donnell, Cullimore, Boynton, Hendry, Scott, Barker etc)

Leddy isn't quite the player Campbell is right now but when he's fully developed, he's going to be better than Campbell was.

Does Chicago even have any reliable 20+ mins defensemen outside of Keith and Seabrook?
Hjalmarsson. I would say Montador too but who knows if he'll even play again with all his concussion problems.

Leddy is Campbell's replacement. Both guys are below average defensively. Both are good skaters and are good at moving the puck down the ice. Leddy has a better shot but Campbell is better right now on the PP. Leddy is also only 21 years old. So for the price of Campbell we have Leddy and two 3rd pairing guys (Oduya, Montador) who are better than any of the other 3rd pair defensemen we've had the last several years(O'Donnell, Cullimore, Boynton, Hendry, Scott, Barker etc)

Leddy isn't quite the player Campbell is right now but when he's fully developed, he's going to be better than Campbell was.

Hjalmarsson. I would say Montador too but who knows if he'll even play again with all his concussion problems.

So you guys will give him an 8 million dollar contract then right?

So you guys will give him an 8 million dollar contract then right?

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

You have a hole of your own to worry about

Cake Boss

Banned
"We don't have him [Yakupov] ranked 1st, he's lower on our list" -A scout of a team picking in the top-5. #2012NHLDraft

LOL who's team's scouts are these?

Must be Columbus seeing their draft history. they are the only ones that are this stupid.

Alucard

Banned
Suter's going to Pittsburgh, guys. You can all forget about him. Everybody wants to play for the Penguins. It's like the Leafs in the '90s, except with Stanley Cup wins.

Alucard

Banned
I remember CrazedArabMan made fun of Vokoun's comments about having a better chance at winning the Cup in WSH near the end of the season. Vokoun was right. Maybe he'll make it to the third round this year.

If Vokoun comes in healthy, I really like him taking 30 games from Fleury.

And man, watching highlights from the Philly series again...MAF really was a massive reason the Pens didn't get out of that series. How do you score five goals at home and still lose a playoff game? It just shouldn't happen.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member

And man, watching highlights from the Philly series again...MAF really was a massive reason the Pens didn't get out of that series. How do you score five goals at home and still lose a playoff game? It just shouldn't happen.

I can't wait for him to stare down Orpik or Martin after they cause a goal. He looks so pissed off when he has that look.

FOOTE

All this talk about Suter reminds me how badly I want Jackman and Cola(no I don't know how to spell his name without looking it up) out of St. Louis. I don't need Suter to be happy with our defense. I just want those two gone. The Blues need to lose Cola at the very least.

I remember CrazedArabMan made fun of Vokoun's comments about having a better chance at winning the Cup in WSH near the end of the season. Vokoun was right. Maybe he'll make it to the third round this year.

To be fair, Vokoun really didn't contribute too the Caps playoff run. Also I still blame that length of injuries and the downward spiral after that on our season. Such a mess after we were playing great and boom, injuries and we were never the same even when everyone came back to full health.

That was more of the Pens D. Most of those Fleury makes the initial save and the D just stands there and doesn't bother to clear the puck or pick up the trailing Flyers.

For some reason, people think Parise and Suter will sign elsewhere? Okay, I can see Suter signing elsewhere but Suter already said he doesn't want to play for a canadian team so it rules that out. I can see him going to Detroit? Chicago? Minnesota? And Parise, I'm almost 80% sure he will sign with the devils.

MacAttack

To be fair, that's irrelevant.
To be fair, Washington might not have made it out of the first round if Vokoun was in net.

Somebody said Parise to Boston was a possibility earlier, just wanted to say that unless the Bruins trade someone first (I'm looking at you Timmy) there is no chance. The Bruins only have 5 mil in cap room before signing Rask. This doesn't include relief for Savard's contract but they also have a few big name RFAs whose contracts expire after next season.

For some reason, people think Parise and Suter will sign elsewhere? Okay, I can see Suter signing elsewhere but Suter already said he doesn't want to play for a canadian team so it rules that out. I can see him going to Detroit? Chicago? Minnesota? And Parise, I'm almost 80% sure he will sign with the devils.

Real money dude. The Devils won't be able to promise him the lucrative, long term contracts that other teams will.

To be fair, that's irrelevant.

To be fair, you are looking at what rounds the teams were eliminated in, and I'm looking at how he contributed to such run when he had stated he wanted to challenge himself and help the team win a Stanley Cup since they hadn't won one, which he didn't really do. But of course we can agree to disagree like usual.

Also being closer to the cup is somewhat irrelevant because close doesn't mean jack if you can't actually win it all as you should know.

Also this...

To be fair, Washington might not have made it out of the first round if Vokoun was in net.

Not contributing in Washington suited him better than if he were not contributing in Detroit.

Suited him better in still not winning the cup for a team who has never won it and is now a part of a franchise who has won a cup taking away the special feeling he described in the original interview.

Socreges

Banned
Brodeur retires, Luongo's traded to New Jersey along with prospect Jensen for Parise sign and trade deal.

BOOM

Had to correct the lack of Canucks trade nonsense in here.

Top Bottom