• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Socreges

Banned
To be fair, you are looking at what rounds the teams were eliminated in, and I'm looking at how he contributed to such run when he had stated he wanted to challenge himself and help the team win a Stanley Cup since they hadn't won one, which he didn't really do. But of course we can agree to disagree like usual.

Also being closer to the cup is somewhat irrelevant because close doesn't mean jack if you can't actually win it all as you should know.

Also this...

Suited him better in still not winning the cup for a team who has never won it and is now a part of a franchise who has won a cup taking away the special feeling he described in the original interview.
Holy Christ.

Said he'd get closer to Cup with Washington. Got closer to Cup with Washington. Pretty simple.

So get this, there was an outdoor hockey game in the Brisbane CBD last night.

tewmk.jpg

It was only a 4 on 4 demonstration on a small-scale. But I was absolutely astounded by it. It's all part of the Winter Festival that just started last year. They charge people $30 for 45 minutes of public skating on a tiny as hell rink and everyone happily pays the fee for novelty factor. There's a tent with bar, couches and a fireplace set up behind it. So I rocked up in my Selanne 3rd jersey with my mate and watched 3 15 minute periods which occurred after each public session.

Brodeur retires, Luongo's traded to New Jersey along with prospect Jensen for Parise sign and trade deal.

BOOM

Had to correct the lack of Canucks trade nonsense in here.
Luongo converts back to forward. Centers Kessel and Lupul on Toronto's top line. Vancouver receives Gardiner, Leaf's 1st round pick, Dallas Eakin and Dave Nonis's head on a plate.

Was lucky enough to be in Anaheim when the Kings won the other night. Got to enjoy the collective sigh while eating at a place called Oggi's. It made the pizza taste a little better.

Edit: Oh and also saw Prometheus while I was there. That movie is fucking awful.

Marvie_3

Banned
So get this, there was an outdoor hockey game in the Brisbane CBD last night.

http://i.imgur.com/tewmk.jpg[IMG]

It was only a 4 on 4 demonstration on a small-scale. But I was absolutely astounded by it. It's all part of the Winter Festival that just started last year. They charge people $30 for 45 minutes of public skating on a tiny as hell rink and everyone happily pays the fee for novelty factor. There's a tent with bar, couches and a fireplace set up behind it. So I rocked up in my Selanne 3rd jersey with my mate and watched 3 15 minute periods which occurred after each public session.[/QUOTE]
Looks like an AIHL game to me.....

Heretic

Was lucky enough to be in Anaheim when the Kings won the other night. Got to enjoy the collective sigh while eating at a place called Oggi's. It made the pizza taste a little better.

Edit: Oh and also saw Prometheus while I was there. That movie is fucking awful.

Oggi's Pizza is awesome! They sell it at the Ponda Center too. The cheese is deeeelish!

Cake Boss

Banned
"@SportsnetSpec: #Oilers won't trade No. 1 overall pick. Also won't decide until Thursday night, Friday morning who they'll take."

"@SportsnetSpec: No. 1 pick too costly. From Leafs, would have to include a Gardiner. From Habs, a Subban. Neither team willing, so Oilers will draft."

"@TEAM1200Ottawa: Hockeysverige.se reports #Sens interested in Swedish D Hampus Lindholm, if he's available at 15. Endurance test results were off the charts."

"@SSimpsonHockey: @TEAM1200Ottawa Calle Johansson feels he's the best Swedish player in the draft. Compared him to Nik Lidstrom, no pressure lol. #TresKroner!"

@TEAM1200Ottawa: 7 teams linked to Rick Nash trade rumours. Team 1200 has draft coverage all week long, including @leeversage and @AJonsports in Pittsburgh."

"@TEAM1200Ottawa: Latest team to publicly say the are interested in Rich Nash...Carolina Hurricanes. Want W to play with Eric Staal. Where is Nash going? #NHL"

Shit load of tweets today about the draft and trades. FUCKING HYPED.

NHL draft please save E3.

Solo

Real talk: I would probably have seriously considered dealing Subban for the #1 and Yakupov.

Habs have a number of good D prospects who could potentially fill Subban's void in a few years. On the flipside, they have no secondary scoring at all and no real potential scoring stud prospects. So yeah, I think I might have pulled the trigger if I were Bergevin.

You never drove your head into your teammates crotch after scoring a goal?

Hopefully those get ironed out.looks better than 12 though.

Nope, though I was never one who overly celebrated a goal. But yeah hopefully those get ironed out, still want to hear more on online be a GM after the latest news about how the draft is nerfed for online and what not which I wasn't thrilled about.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Real talk: I would probably have seriously considered dealing Subban for the #1 and Yakupov.

Habs have a number of good D prospects who could potentially fill Subban's void in a few years. On the flipside, they have no secondary scoring at all and no real potential scoring stud prospects. So yeah, I think I might have pulled the trigger if I were Bergevin.
Lol are you fucking nuts? Good thing you aren't GM, that would be actually retarded, especially with how random this draft is, and scouts and some rankings have players like Galchenyuk at #1. You're acting like Nail is the next Crosby or something.

Shit load of tweets today about the draft and trades. FUCKING HYPED.

NHL draft please save E3.

Wouldn't surprise me if we go off the board and take Hampus Lindholm. Murray likes to go off the board, especially with Swedes.

I remember when Karlsson was drafted, "WTF is that ?"

Solo

Lol are you fucking nuts? Good thing you aren't GM, that would be actually retarded, especially with how random this draft is, and scouts and some rankings have players like Galchenyuk at #1. You're acting like Nail is the next Crosby or something.

Nail can put pucks in net. Something no one in Montreal can do aside from like 4 guys. Don't care if he's Crosby or not. And we (Habs fans) overrate Subban to an extent.

Habs are going to miss the playoffs again without secondary scoring.

Socreges

Banned
For him to think Yakupov is the next Crosby, you'd have to think Subban is the next Lidstrom.

Who here would not prefer Yakupov over Subban? How many of us are "lol fucking nuts"?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Like Kadri and Schenn.

There is still hope for all of them

People seem to forget schenn was crazy good in his rookie season and since his drafting he is somehow in the top 30 in the NHL for even strength points (!!) while basically being one of the top defensive hitters in the game. He's only like 22 or 23.

Kadri is still young too...

Luke Schenn is only a year older than gardiner

Cake Boss

Banned
For him to think Yakupov is the next Crosby, you'd have to think Subban is the next Lidstrom.

Who here would not prefer Yakupov over Subban? How many of us are "lol fucking nuts"?

Everyone is fucking nuts.

Got a question regarding offer sheets, if a crappy team like Colombus wants to offer sheet a player, does he have the ability to say no and not sign anything or is obliged to sign with them.

Looks like it is down to Tampa, Detroit, and Minny in signing Brunner (from the Swiss league I believe). Hopefully if we do sign him he doesn't turn into Leino 2.0

http://insidepittsburghsports.com/story/penguins-out-of-the-mix-for-swiss-star-damien-brunner-who-is-close-to-signing-with-nhl-team/49737/

Got a question regarding offer sheets, if a crappy team like Colombus wants to offer sheet a player, does he have the ability to say no and not sign anything or is obliged to sign with them.

Yeah, a player can choose not to accept an offer sheet.

ZeroGravity

Looks like it is down to Tampa, Detroit, and Minny in signing Brunner (from the Swiss league I believe). Hopefully if we do sign him he doesn't turn into Leino 2.0
Well you've got less competition now:

Damian Cristodero ‏@LightningTimes
Lightning apparently has lost out on signing Swiss star Damien Brunner. Reasons unclear as agent and Tampa Bay GM Yzerman declined comment

Well you've got less competition now:

Pitt and Tampa out quick, now we have to fight Minny, I'm starting to hate them more and more with them wanting to outbid everyone for Parise as well as wanting Suter and now Brunner. Can't they just stay in the basement and not try to play with the big boys?

Edit:
WE HAVE A TRADE!

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1208779

Lightning acquire G Anders Lindback from Nashville for 2 seconds, a third and Caron, Kyle Wilson also goes in deal, along with a 7th

Socreges

Banned

You would almost want Columbus to do that. They'd have to pay in excess of $6M per/yr and if Ottawa declined to match, they'd get something like four 1st round picks from Columbus in compensation.

Top Bottom