• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Clydefrog

OOp7g.jpg

dat photogenesis

Silexx

During the first wave of the Nash sweepstakes, it was said that the asking price for Ottawa was Zibby, Stone and 2012 1st round pick. Unless that's changed, I would guess Murray still won't pull that deal.

Socreges

Banned
Nah, the homeless make enough money charging people for parking in the vacant lots around Comerica and Ford Field.

I'll never forget my first trip to Ford Field. Parking in vacant lots and some people being suckered into giving homeless people money to "protect" the lot. When we came back, the homeless guys were sharing a gigantic cube pack of Coors Light.
Hah. They do that in third world countries. The homeless people basically get paid to not damage your car. The country is so overwhelmed by crime and poverty that they can't afford to police situations like these.

Detroit! Where the homeless man is King.

Hah. They do that in third world countries. The homeless people basically get paid to not damage your car. The country is so overwhelmed by crime and poverty that they can't afford to police situations like these.

Detroit! Where the homeless man is King.

I actually work somewhat in Detroit now. However, I'm over in the nice outskirts in bloomfield hills and so on which is actually really nice, luckily I'm not in the bad side of the city.

Acid08

Banned
CrazedArabMan, I'll be on the lookout for you when I get to Detroit at the end of July. Sweaty guy threatening to jump off tall objects, shouldn't be too hard to find ya.

Acid08

Banned
Fuck that. He probably has an NMC on that shit too. Says he took a "discount", fuck you.

Pretty much guarantees that either Murray, Braun, or Demers is gone. Most likely Murray for picks.

Fuck that. He probably has an NMC on that shit too. Says he took a "discount", fuck you.

Pretty much guarantees that either Murray, Braun, or Demers is gone. Most likely Murray for picks.

Holy overpayment batman, he was on the decline here anyways, that is a little too much for him. Also Murray wouldn't be too bad of a replacement for the Wings as a big body on the blueline, that would mean that Kindl would be gone but I don't see Holland doing it plus I would like Smith to play on the big club this year.

CrazedArabMan, I'll be on the lookout for you when I get to Detroit at the end of July. Sweaty guy threatening to jump off tall objects, shouldn't be too hard to find ya.

You may be too late if we don't get Suter next week, may have to jump then.

Also so far lots of rumors going around with trades and what not, love it!

Acid08

Banned

How are you posting this shit faster than I am? I'm refreshing stuff on this conference constantly.

I'm ok with TMac getting another year, the assistants need to be changed though. TMac says he's looking for ways to change his staff but no announcements at this time.

Cake Boss

Banned
How are you posting this shit faster than I am? I'm refreshing stuff on this conference constantly.

I'm ok with TMac getting another year, the assistants need to be changed though. TMac says he's looking for ways to change his staff but no announcements at this time.

Day off bro. plus I have twitter opened.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
McQuire has Grigorenko going between 12 and 17th.... I'll be shocked if that happens.

He also said "you couldn't build it (the leafs) on better shoulders than luke schenns" in 2008, so yea...

Fei

Darcy Regier saying Buffalo actively looking to move into the top 5. Sabres Scouting Director saying he likes the top 9. Buffalo has 4 picks in the top 44 (including #12), so I think it's pretty likely they move up.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Darcy Regier saying Buffalo actively looking to move into the top 5. Sabres Scouting Director saying he likes the top 9. Buffalo has 4 picks in the top 44 (including #12), so I think it's pretty likely they move up.

I think it is very likely some "top 9" guys drop to later picks such as 12.

Red_Man

I don't see any team in the top 5 trading their picks except for Columbus and Edmonton, and only if Edmonton fleeces a team. The drop off this year is more significant than usual, so a #5 pick is worth more in comparison to later first round picks compared to other years.

If they want to get into the top 5 I assume it's for one of Galchenyuk, Yakupov, Forsberg, Grigorenko or Teräväinen, lots of great D men after those guys, but the forwards drop quite a bit.

Fei

True. It was odd that in the same press conference the GM says we're actively looking to move up while the Scouting Director says he's not sure it's worth the cost. Doesn't sound like they're on the same page, but Regier's the boss.

Edit: Red_Man, it's definitely safe to assume they're looking for a forward. The organization has some strong depth at the blue line, but weak at forward (especially center).

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Anyone else get an email for the winter classic?

Leafs side they are saying they will hold a random draw for the tickets. :T

Red_Man

According to Dredger Sens open to moving Lehner or Bishop for picks, and Flames are trying to get a top 6 F by moving Backlund, Habs looking to get a top 6 F and top 4 D.

During the first wave of the Nash sweepstakes, it was said that the asking price for Ottawa was Zibby, Stone and 2012 1st round pick. Unless that's changed, I would guess Murray still won't pull that deal.

Not sure that makes sense seeing as how they wanted

Kreider
MDZ or McDonaugh
Dubinsky
1st rounder

from the Rangers

Solo

To be fair, Gauthier did bring in Cole, but yea, Pleks needs a consistent winger.

Some decent wingers and not being forced into the shutdown role would go a long ways. Dude did put up 70 points before when he played with Kostitsyn and Kovalev.

Cake Boss

Banned
According to Dredger Sens open to moving Lehner or Bishop for picks, and Flames are trying to get a top 6 F by moving Backlund, Habs looking to get a top 6 F and top 4 D.

Give them Bishop, not Lehner (higher upside, more accolades, clutch in important games,mean as hell, swedish)

Bishop
Foligno
Zibenajad
1st (15th)

for
Nash
2nd rounder (31st)

Red_Man

Some decent wingers and not being forced into the shutdown role would go a long ways. Dude did put up 70 points before when he played with Kostitsyn and Kovalev.
That and having the same people to play with, he had something like 18 different line combos this past season.

TSN has their draft show on now, with Bob Mackenzie revealing his top 30 picks, for any teams in the top of the draft that are interested.

Top Bottom