• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Socreges

Banned
Dastardly :(

I was kidding, sorry. I've never even heard of the kid.

I don't know if you're serious or just stupid. Timmins will take Galchenyuk over Grigorenko 10 out of 10 times, they'll probably take Forsberg over Grigorenko if Galchenyuk is gone, and there are many who have said Islanders could take a forward.

I wouldn't be surprised if Isles take a dman but saying it is 100% is stupid, and the fact that you think you know the Habs drafting process and needs is hilarious, I don't even know why you're bothering with the draft, Rangers will just draft a bust anyways.

Yea, you don't know what you're talking about, the kid is still Russian you dumb ass, you're as ignorant as the "french speaking only coach" Hab fans if you think they would pick him for that reason.
Red_Man said:
:lol :lol I'm not even going to bother anymore, you clearly don't know what you're talking about. Good to see your stupidity overflows into the off season.
hnng.gif

:lol :lol I'm not even going to bother anymore, you clearly don't know what you're talking about. Good to see your stupidity overflows into the off season.

Clearly. Hey if I'm wrong, I'll admit it. I'll be the first one to eat shit on it. But I'll gladly bet on it.

1. Yakupov
2. Forsberg/Murray
3. Grigorenko
4. Murray/Dumba
5. Galchenyuk

Socreges

Banned
They made it past the 1st round, I was wrong. But fuck if that series wasn't a bounce away from proving me right. The Rangers were still a disappointment overall and I stand by that.
Almost all fans are ultimately disappointed by their teams. Predicting "My team will be disappoint me" is like saying "Tomorrow my shit will stink". No one is going to fault you for that. It was everything else (might miss playoffs, first round exit at best, embarrassment, etc) that amused us so.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Dredger says that Pavelec could very well leave the NHL, wtf would the Jets do then? Do they have any stud goalies on the farm?

Almost all fans are ultimately disappointed by their teams. Predicting "My team will be disappoint me" is like saying "Tomorrow my shit will stink". No one is going to fault you for that. It was everything else (might miss playoffs, first round exit at best, embarrassment, etc) that amused us so.

the way they were playing in march/early april I honestly felt that. And they almost did.

They absolutely were an embarrassment though. They overachieved these playoffs because of Henrik and the defense.

From that same article:

Dreger said:
Star forward Evander Kane is also scheduled to become a restricted free agent. Kane's future in Winnipeg is being openly questioned and some NHL teams believe he's in play. But both the Jets and Kane's representatives say he has not asked for a trade and there have been no trade discussions with teams who may have interest.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nh...kings-missing-stanley-cup-205159621--nhl.html

the last sentence cracked me up.

It's hard to imagine Elias — one of the classiest players in the NHL — keeping the puck out of spite. Just spit-ballin' here, but considering that he skated over to Martin Brodeur after the game, perhaps a keepsake for the Devils' veteran goalie?
Unless of course he was going to bring it to the dressing room so Jersey players could take turns hurling it at Steve Bernier.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
It amazes me that Nashville came out of that draft with Weber and Suter, and Weber wasn't even in the first round.

Weber wasnt even Nashville's 2nd pick. They took Klein ahead of him. (Side note for Canucks/Sabres-age, Sulzer also to Nashville in that draft)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I've read that he's expected to be moved by the draft, apparently Sharks are one of the closest teams of landing him. I think Elliot Friedman mentioned in his weekly article, Howson wanted Couture at the deadline, which isn't surprising.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I've read that he's expected to be moved by the draft, apparently Sharks are one of the closest teams of landing him. I think Elliot Friedman mentioned in his weekly article, Howson wanted Couture at the deadline, which isn't surprising.

If the Sharks end up trading Couture I'll laugh really really hard... then be sad for a second... then laugh again.

Tabris

Why doesn't Toronto bury Komisarek's contract in the minors? He's under 35, if they move him to the minors, the cap hit is off the books right?

I'm a bit grey on how the cap hit works with sending 1-way players to the minors.

ZeroGravity

Any player in the minors doesn't count against the cap. If it's one-way, you still have to pay his NHL salary, but it doesn't count against the cap. The problem is Komisarek I believe has a NMC, so they can't bury him.

Any player in the minors doesn't count against the cap. If it's one-way, you still have to pay his NHL salary, but it doesn't count against the cap. The problem is Komisarek I believe has a NMC, so they can't bury him.
But if he waives it and gets sent to the Canucks, it nullifies his NMC and we can bury him right?

Tabris

Ahh NMC, makes sense. Yeah, that NHL salary is a problem for most teams, but I assumed a team like Maple Leafs would have no problem paying $3.5m each year for last 2 years to bury him in the minors.

No way any team is taking Kommasarek except perhaps a salary cap floor team with tight budget that could use his $4.5m salary cap / $3.5 salary.

EDIT - Just saw the latest post. Either way, I don't see why Kommasarek would go to a team to be buried in the minors.

Top Bottom