• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

ZeroGravity

TSN Final Draft Ranking:

1. RW Nail Yakupov, Sarnia Sting (OHL)
2. D Ryan Murray, Everett Silvertips (WHL)
3. LW Filip Forsberg, Leksands (SEL)
4. D Griffin Reinhart, Edmonton (WHL)
5. C Alex Galchenyuk, Sarnia (OHL)
6. D Mathew Dumba, Red Deer, (WHL)
7. RW Teuvo Terravainen, Jokerit (SM-Liiga)
8. D Morgan Reilly, Moose Jaw (WHL)
9. D Jacob Trouba, USA-U18 (USHL)
10. D Olli Maata, London (OHL)

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=9825

Reading Hockey News' draft profile of Grigs, they say some scouts question his "attitude/work ethic", but honestly, that just sounds like a load of Russian Bias bullshit. They had him ranked 3rd anyway.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Wow, I thought Grigs was considered a top 5, what happened?
His team was up 3-0 in their playoff series and lost 4-3 and gave up a 2 or 3 goal lead in game 7, and he didn't do anything during that run, plus a lot of people criticize him as a lazy russian, and say he doesn't put in 100% very often. I still don't see him going lower then top 7-8

Fei

I'd be ecstatic if the Sabres ended up with Grigorenko. I don't care if he fell to them or not. That's absolutely a risk worth taking.

Red_Man

Bobby's article reminded me about Kris Beech. GMGM has picked some bad players with our first round picks.
David Fisher over Claude Giroux

tyler-creator-yonkers-gif.gif

Give them Bishop, not Lehner (higher upside, more accolades, clutch in important games,mean as hell, swedish)

Bishop
Foligno
Zibenajad
1st (15th)

for
Nash
2nd rounder (31st)

Columbus presumably did not want to give up a 2nd round pick for Bishop at the deadline, which we did.

I doubt he is worth much to them.

Hilti92

TSN Final Draft Ranking:

Would like to see Grigorenko to the Leafs at 5th but Galchenyuk has been impressing a lot of people by the sounds of it, even after his injury. I guess no matter what, I'll be satisfied by who the Leafs get. Just gotta hope that we get some good luck for us. I hope Kadri can develop into atleast a 2nd line player so it wasn't all for not..

Dumba and Etem are both from the same Red Deer Rebels roster, I bet they'll be REALLY GOOD PALS irl and in HUT on NHL 13 they'll have chemistry so god damn strong that will automatically unlock an achievement called "RED DEER SUPERFRIEND SCIENTISTS".

Dumba and Etem are both from the same Red Deer Rebels roster, I bet they'll be REALLY GOOD PALS irl and in HUT on NHL 13 they'll have chemistry so god damn strong that will automatically unlock an achievement called "RED DEER SUPERFRIEND SCIENTISTS".

Etem has never played for Red Deer....unless this is some sort of elaborate joke.

Alucard

Banned
The Leafs getting Galchenyuk would be great for the franchise, as they could finally have a potential star centre on their team. Or just the next Alexandre Daigle or Kris Beech.

Silexx

Give them Bishop, not Lehner (higher upside, more accolades, clutch in important games,mean as hell, swedish)

Bishop
Foligno
Zibenajad
1st (15th)

for
Nash
2nd rounder (31st)

I can't say if that's fair value or not, but I would still think that whatever Howson is currently asking for Nash is too rich for the Sens' liking.

MPW

TSN Final Draft Ranking:

noooooo we we need a C

I'm at work so I can't do much scoping the draft rankings...

But can somebody please tell me where Nathan Walker is coming in at?

First Australian NHLer motherfuckers!

Socreges

Banned
Yakupov
Murray
Grigorenko
Forsberg

It's possible. The Isles will 100% be taking a D-man.
Might just be some deception caused by the unrelenting praise by Solo/Red_Man, but I figure the Habs are going to take Galch over Grigs.

I'm at work so I can't do much scoping the draft rankings...

But can somebody please tell me where Nathan Walker is coming in at?

First Australian NHLer motherfuckers!
High pick in the 8th round

Cactus

Banned
The reason TSN ranked Grigorenko 12th is because Button had him at #20.

NHL Central Scouting: No. 3
International Scouting Services: No. 4
The Hockey News: No. 3
Button's Ranking: No. 20

Might just be some deception caused by the unrelenting praise by Solo/Red_Man, but I figure the Habs are going to take Galch over Grigs.

High pick in the 8th round

I think Habs take Grigs. They can sell the fact that he comes from the Q better than they can a Russian who comes from the O who considers himself an American.

Cactus

Banned
As long as one of Forsberg, Grigorenko, or Galchenyuk are available at #5, I'll be happy. There are a lot of good D prospects in the Leafs organization, but pretty much no forwards with top-line potential besides maybe Kadri.

As long as one of Forsberg, Grigorenko, or Galchenyuk are available at #5, I'll be happy. There are a lot of good D prospects in the Leafs organization, but pretty much no forwards with top-line potential besides maybe Kadri.

One will be. Like I said, Isles will 100% be taking a D-man. The last D-man they took with their first pick was Wade Redden.

calder

Craig Button having any input at all in even a media outlets draft ranking is hilarious to me. I wonder how many categories he breaks intangibles down into, 4?

Red_Man

I think Habs take Grigs. They can sell the fact that he comes from the Q better than they can a Russian who comes from the O who considers himself an American.
I don't know if you're serious or just stupid. Timmins will take Galchenyuk over Grigorenko 10 out of 10 times, they'll probably take Forsberg over Grigorenko if Galchenyuk is gone, and there are many who have said Islanders could take a forward.

I don't know if you're serious or just stupid. Timmins will take Galchenyuk over Grigorenko 10 out of 10 times, and there are many who have said Islanders could take a forward.

And there have been more who have said they will take a D-man. They invited 3 players to visit the Island - Murray, Dumba and Grigorenko. They'll take a D-man.

Habs have to appease the Francophones.

Isles take a D-man, Habs don't draft Galchenyuk - I'll make a bet on both of them happening.

Red_Man

I wouldn't be surprised if Isles take a dman but saying it is 100% is stupid, and the fact that you think you know the Habs drafting process and needs is hilarious, I don't even know why you're bothering with the draft, Rangers will just draft a bust anyways.

Habs have to appease the Francophones.
Yea, you don't know what you're talking about, the kid is still Russian you dumb ass, you're as ignorant as the "french speaking only coach" Hab fans if you think they would pick him for that reason.

Marvie_3

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if Isles take a dman but saying it is 100% is stupid, and the fact that you think you know the Habs drafting process and needs is hilarious, I don't even know why you're bothering with the draft, Rangers will just draft a bust anyways.
Remember when he knew the Rangers would get eliminated in the first round? Good times.

Sure thing, then we'll just trade you our garbage for your prospects. Thanks for our #1 D-man by the way, that never gets old.

I'd worry more about the Habs drafting than the Rangers. Gordie's got us covered. We'll draft a guy even if he doesn't speak a specific language.

Red_Man

:lol :lol I'm not even going to bother anymore, you clearly don't know what you're talking about. Good to see your stupidity overflows into the off season.

Top Bottom