• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I never see much on there worth posting here, but that goal was pretty legit, I haven't seen that video before.

This is the only thing that scares me:

GKBDJ.jpg

I don't think Nash is moved this week because Howson is an idiot. Obviously nobody has given into his demands yet or it would be done already. I doubt a few days are going to make a difference.

Apparently though, Nash and his agent are starting to get angry. Howson has been trying to negotiate through the media, so I'd imagine that their next move is going to be them making statement of some sort, either naming the team(s) he wants to go to or just outright saying himself he has no desire to play for the BJs anymore, or both.

Solo

NHL awards tomorrow night. Hoping to see Max walk away with the Masterson. Then the draft on Friday! This is a good week.

@DarenDreger said:
Pavelec is pending RFA with a big $ offer from KHL. It will take $4mil\multi years to keep him in NHL. Pay or trade him...Jets only options.

That sucks for Jets. Is $4 mill really that big of a hassle for a reliable starting goalie?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Speaking of the Coyotes saga, I believe that court date begins at 10:30 Arizona time.

Cactus

Banned
Is Pavelec even that good? When I look at his stats I think of Harding or Reimer, and I would never pay those guys $4m+

Without scouring the twitterverse to see if this is already out...Darren Helm agrees to 4 year, $8.5 deal in Detroit.

2.125 for a 3rd line center who brings a lot of speed, energy, and great penalty killing to the team, was hoping for a little cheaper but I'll take him at that price and for four years. Nice re-signing by Holland on this one.

Marvie_3

Banned
2.125 for a 3rd line center who brings a lot of speed, energy, and great penalty killing to the team, was hoping for a little cheaper but I'll take him at that price and for four years. Nice re-signing by Holland on this one.
There's Detroit's big move this offseason. Now Holland can enjoy his summer vacation!

Cactus

Banned
Kypreos just said on Sportsnet that Gillis is leaning towards keeping Luongo if the offers don't improve. I don't think he realizes that if Gillis doesn't trade Luongo, Schneider will go to arbitration, agree to a one year deal, and then become a UFA next summer. I guess Kypreos is unaware what a bargaining tactic is. Assuming Gillis sees Schneider as the goalie of the future, it makes sense to negotiate a new multi-year contract (and trade Luongo) as soon as possible.

EDIT: No official confirmation yet, but:

Greg Wyshynski ‏@wyshynski
Teemu Selanne back with Anaheim #Ducks next season: Finnish report | Puck Daddy - Yahoo! Sports

Kypreos just said on Sportsnet that Gillis is leaning towards keeping Luongo if the offers don't improve. I don't think he realizes that if Gillis doesn't trade Luongo, Schneider will go to arbitration, agree to a one year deal, and then become a UFA next summer. I guess Kypreos is unaware what a bargaining tactic is. Assuming Gillis sees Schneider as the goalie of the future, it makes sense to negotiate a new multi-year contract (and trade Luongo) as soon as possible.

EDIT: No official confirmation yet, but:

Greg Wyshynski ‏@wyshynski
Teemu Selanne back with Anaheim #Ducks next season: Finnish report | Puck Daddy - Yahoo! Sports

Awaiting Heretic and Dastardly to dance around only to realize they will have to trade him at the deadline when the Ducks are out of the playoff running come February. <3

I hope you guys sign Huet to fix your goalie problems!

Also HELM!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B6ovQJK8rA&feature=player_embedded#!

Tabris

Here's what I want to see:

- Pavelec heads to KHL
- Vancouver trades Luongo + Mason Raymond + A Prospect (like Anton Rodin) for Evander Kane + Draft Pick

Seems like it solves both teams problems.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wow--I'm incredibly hyped about that Helm deal as it's way lower than I thought it would be.

This guy is, to me, one of the top 3 most important players on the Wings. He makes things happen on the ice, he never stops skating, and he's a constant shorthanded goal threat on the PK. Points mean nothing when it comes to what Helm does on the ice--he breaks the game open and he's one of the few guys on the Wings that can do it.

That's a fantastic signing at a cap hit of just over $2 million.

Marvie_3

Banned

- Pavelec heads to KHL
- Vancouver trades Luongo + Mason Raymond + A Prospect (like Anton Rodin) for Evander Kane + Draft Pick

This has got to be one of the dumbest fucking posts you've ever made, and that's saying something.

If Winnipeg doesn't want to pay $4M for Pavelec, why the fuck would they want to take on Luongo's albatross deal as well as a bum like Raymond in exchange for their best player?

Heretic

Awaiting Heretic and Dastardly to dance around only to realize they will have to trade him at the deadline when the Ducks are out of the playoff running come February. <3

You son of a *waves fist angrily in air!*

And woohoo! One more year! In all honesty, I kind of wanted him to retire. Too much heart for this team. He deserves a cup. We'll see what changes the Ducks make in order to make this happen...

Quick

Banned
$4 million for Pavelec isn't terrible, so I don't see Winnipeg struggling to sign him. The KHL could offer him more, but I'd like to think that the NHL is where he wants to be, added with his success in Winnipeg. Unless there's something I'm missing.

You son of a *waves fist angrily in air!*

And woohoo! One more year! In all honesty, I kind of wanted him to retire. Too much heart for this team. He deserves a cup. We'll see what changes the Ducks make in order to make this happen...

It was awesome seeing him finally raise the Cup over his head in 2007.

Cactus

Banned
$4 million for Pavelec isn't terrible, so I don't see Winnipeg struggling to sign him. The KHL could offer him more, but I'd like to think that the NHL is where he wants to be, added with his success in Winnipeg. Unless there's something I'm missing.

His career SV% is .907 and GAA is 2.99

I understand he's been on some pretty terrible teams, but it's still a risk handing this guy $16m over 4 years, or whatever he's asking for, and hope that he starts playing like a #1 goalie.

Cake Boss

Banned

- Pavelec heads to KHL

WUT????

If they dont want give 4M for a goalie then why the fuck do they take Luongos contract.

Tabris

Because Luongo is in another class from Pavelec. Also the rumour is that Kane and the Winnipeg Jets have become estranged.

Quick

Banned
His career SV% is .907 and GAA is 2.99

I understand he's been on some pretty terrible teams, but it's still a risk handing this guy $16m over 4 years, or whatever he's asking for, and hope that he starts playing like a #1 goalie.

Fair enough. Atlanta and Winnipeg haven't been amazing, but I think Pavelec's established himself to be capable enough. The question now is if he can improve and maintain his play. I'd risk the $4 million on him for 2-3 years. There's been worse contracts out there.

Because Luongo is in another class from Pavelec. Also the rumour is that Kane and the Winnipeg Jets have become estranged.

Dreger on TSN said there's no problems between Kane and the Jets, but that could simply be the PR machine churning. I won't believe it until I see anything other than speculation, I suppose.

Wow--I'm incredibly hyped about that Helm deal as it's way lower than I thought it would be.

This guy is, to me, one of the top 3 most important players on the Wings. He makes things happen on the ice, he never stops skating, and he's a constant shorthanded goal threat on the PK. Points mean nothing when it comes to what Helm does on the ice--he breaks the game open and he's one of the few guys on the Wings that can do it.

That's a fantastic signing at a cap hit of just over $2 million.

He also seems to be a great locker room guy as well:

Brad Galli &#8207;@BradGalli

RT @freepwings Bertuzzi on Helm: "He drives me, seeing him walk around shirtless with a 9-pack and you're only supposed to have 6.

:lol

Cake Boss

Banned

No hes not. One plays behind a deep Stanley Cup contender and president trophy winner and one plays behind a mediocre fringe playoff team with almost the same stats.

Edit: woops always get Helm and Hudler mixed up, isnt he a UFA as well?

No hes not. One plays behind a deep Stanley Cup contender and president trophy winner and one plays behind a mediocre fringe playoff team with almost the same stats.

Edit: woops always get Helm and Hudler mixed up, isnt he a UFA as well?

Yeah, you can take Hudler if you want, sure he put up a decent amount of points but he is still too small and easily pushed off the puck and is prone to a large number of mistakes and he is going to want more than what we are willing to pay him (that is going by what most are reporting considering Holland offered him a contract and he turned it down).

Top Bottom