• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Solo

Is he REALLY first line talent though? G was putting up 70+ on the third line, and playing PK, and not getting top PP minutes.

Well, Giroux is better than Staal. But yes, Staal is top line talent. You telling me he couldn't push Desharnais and Plekanec down the depth chart in MTL? :lol

Solo

LOL On HFBoards, OTT fans hoping SJ get Nash and SJ fans want him to go to OTT.

Nash is a great player, but that's a fucking albatross contract. No sane GM would pick that up.

Thank christ Hekyll (Gainey) and Jekyll (Gauthier) have been expunged from Montreal, or else I'd be afraid of the Habs trying to land him.

Well, Giroux is better than Staal. But yes, Staal is top line talent. You telling me he couldn't push Desharnais and Plekanec down the depth chart in MTL? :lol

I think he's overvaluing himself considering he's only put up 50 points in his career once. He's valued where he is without a lot of pressure being placed on him. I think a team paying him big bucks is taking a risk. It's probably not a huge risk. He's no Gomez. But when you're getting top line minutes you gotta put up the numbers.

Solo

I've pretty certain now that the Habs will get Gally or Forsberg. I've dropped Grigo out. I figured with the third pick, Habs order of preference is:

1. Yakupov (yes Red Man, I saw your post)
2. Galchenyuk
3. Forsberg

Yakupov will be gone for sure by the time we pick. I don't think Columbus will take Gally, but if they trade that pick.....we could be into Forsberg land. I'll be happy with any of the three, but I really want Galchenyuk.

Cake Boss

Banned
Does it really matter what age a goaltender is when winning the Calder? Neuvirth is average and he was the Calder Cup MVP when he was barely older than a teenager. It was also his first professional season.

I know, it was the way he did it that makes me believe he is going to be great. His mental strength and his cockyness.

The team was down in 3-0 in the first round and was losing on Game 4 when their goalie was pulled and Lehner was put in. He took the series to game 7 OT with the all of the games going to OT, rolls on the 2nd round with 4-2. Sweepa in the 3rd round and takes it to 5 games in finals winning it all.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I've pretty certain now that the Habs will get Gally or Forsberg. I've dropped Grigo out. I figured with the third pick, Habs order of preference is:

1. Yakupov (yes Red Man, I saw your post)
2. Galchenyuk
3. Forsberg

Yakupov will be gone for sure by the time we pick. I don't think Columbus will take Gally, but if they trade that pick.....we could be into Forsberg land. I'll be happy with any of the three, but I really want Galchenyuk.
I don't personally believe they have Galchenyuk over Yakupov, but that's what some french media guy said, and yea I think they take Forsberg over Grigorenko. I'd bet everything I own Galchenyuk isn't on the board at 5th, barring any significant event.

Grigo played in Quebec so he probably knows some French. Let's take him!

/KingHenrik logic
Fixed.

Solo

I don't personally believe they have Galchenyuk over Yakupov, but that's what some french media guy said, and yea I think they take Forsberg over Grigorenko. I'd bet everything I own Galchenyuk isn't on the board at 5th, barring any significant event.

Fixed.

What I'm REALLY hoping will happen is Edmonton goes completely off the board and takes Murray first overall. Yakupov to Columbus is a shoe-in to fill the Nash void and boom! Galch to the Habs!

Red_Man

What I'm REALLY hoping will happen is Edmonton goes completely off the board and takes Murray first overall. Yakupov to Columbus is a shoe-in to fill the Nash void and boom! Galch to the Habs!
I'm not worried about Edmonton or Columbus, I'm worried about Columbus moving down and another team taking Galchenyuk 2nd. I feel pretty strongly that Murray will go 2nd though.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
tumblr_lrv6mbb5mp1r2ljlfo1_500.jpg

Red_Man

Honestly, I wouldn't be THAT surprised if Timmins and Co take Murray. Remember, they took Price when we had Theodore, Halak, and Huet. I don't think it's the right move, but they've done it before.

Solo

Honestly, I wouldn't be THAT surprised if Timmins and Co take Murray. Remember, they took Price when we had Theodore, Halak, and Huet. I don't think it's the right move, but they've done it before.

I've got a straight razor ready beside the TV in case they select a D-man and I need to exit this mortal coil.

I'm really tired of hearing JVR in trade rumors, just give him to Toronto already.

I'm still surprised people are interested to be honest. He's 22. He's realistically got 2 more years to really impress before people assume he's at his baseline and start slotting him into roles accordingly. Last year we didn't see any indication he'd matured past what we'd seen in the past.

Solo

Of course Loungo wants to play in Toronto Florida. Why wouldn't he?

- familiarity with franchise
- wife is from there
- team is on the rise

Solo

Is the 4th Staal ever going to be an NHL player? I know he's in the Carolina system, but is dude ever gonna make it?

Alucard

Banned
FUCK. Staal apparently turned down a 60 million dollar deal from the Pens, according to Kypreos. And other sources have been saying that "Jordan is not ready to sign an extension at this time."

The writing's on the wall. Shero better get a wicked return. Give us Nail, Edmonton.

Solo

FUCK. Staal apparently turned down a 60 million dollar deal from the Pens, according to Kypreos. And other sources have been saying that "Jordan is not ready to sign an extension at this time."

The writing's on the wall. Shero better get a wicked return. Give us Nail, Edmonton.

You're still an hour behind from last night, I see!

Top Bottom