• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Solo

He has to do 1 year in the OHL. He can't play in the AHL (not old enough), and he missed an entire year already this past season, no way he can jump right into the NHL. Probably play his 8 games and get sent back down.

I didn't realize there was a minimum AHL age. Interesting.

Yeah, then I'd guess he'll destroy the OHL + play his 8 NHL games in 2012/2013, play in the AHL in 2013/2014, and be a full time NHLer in 2014/2015.

Quick

Banned
They're showing Faksa's story on TSN. Holy shit, man.

Lived alone for 6 years at 11 years old in a hotel to play hockey in another town.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Grigorenko is in the same boat. Can't go into the AHL yet, so he has to stay in the minors, or join the big club, but he's too good to stay in the minors, so I imagine he'll be up with whatever team drafts him, like Landeskog. Another scenario that could play out, is if Galchenyuk is gone by our pick, Bergevin could move down to draft Teravainen and get a roster player or other pick.

I don't know why we're even in the conversation still. That water trash Howson still wants Couture so it ain't happening.

51JSkSrR4fL._SX342_.jpg

Montresor

If we do land Galchenyuk, I'm curious as to what the plan will be for him. Does he do another year in the OHL, then a year in Hamilton before the NHL (2 year plan)? Or 1 year in Hamilton (1 year plan)? I just hope to god they don't try to push him into the NHL this year.

Isn't Galchenyuk an OHL boy right now? If he's under 20 years old come September, he will not be allowed to play in the AHL with Hamilton, and this holds true for any of the CHL players that are drafted into the NHL.

It's either play in the OHL or play in the NHL until he's 20 years of age, and not until then will the AHL be an option.

edit: Fuck I was so late.

Solo

Isn't Galchenyuk an OHL boy right now? If he's under 20 years old come September, he will not be allowed to play in the AHL with Hamilton, and this holds true for any of the CHL players that are drafted into the NHL.

It's either play in the OHL or play in the NHL until he's 20 years of age, and not until then will the AHL be an option.

Yup. Covered a few posts up ;)

Crazy that you can play in the NHL at age 18 but not in the B-leagues :lol

I'd love it if Galch could get big enough and good enough next season to jump right to the NHL next season.

Cake Boss

Banned
I don't know why we're even in the conversation still. That water trash Howson still wants Couture so it ain't happening.

I wouldnt do Coutoure straight up for Nash , let alone in a package deal. 5 years younger, same numbers and hasnt reached his potential yet, better cap hit and is a center.

I didn't realize there was a minimum AHL age. Interesting.

Yeah, then I'd guess he'll destroy the OHL + play his 8 NHL games in 2012/2013, play in the AHL in 2013/2014, and be a full time NHLer in 2014/2015.
He could also go to the SEL. That's what our top prospect Jensen might do if he doesn't crack the big club.

Because of the expiring CBA , sending players to the SEL doesn't eat up a year of a player's ELC right now. We might see a lot of prospects head that way.

Solo

So he basically wants to go to a great team that would have to become not so great in order to take on his albatross contract?

Sounds about right.

So he basically wants to go to a great team that would have to become not so great in order to take on his albatross contract?

Sounds about right.

Well Howson is trying to make that other team not so great. But smartly, no one is budging. I've put this quote on here before but it bears repeating. Gordie Clarke said it best:

"They want to give us Nash, but they want us to look like Columbus when we're done"

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
:lol all of those teams will have to burn their farm alive and pray to god they win a cup in the next few years.

Acid08

Banned
I would consider packaging three of these four players for Nash plus some random 17th or something: Marleau, Clowe, Murray, Niemi.

Detroit is on that list? Hmmm...... I really wouldn't trade the farm for him though but he would be a nice addition.

Playes I would trade: Franzen, 1st round draft pick for next year, Tatar, Sheahan, Quincey, Kindl, Ericsson, White... Which when you think of it, we don't have many players with value that I would want to trade away, only one would be Franzen or I guess Tatar might have some as well.

One of the teams on Nash's list will get him for a decent player(or two) and a cap dump.

Columbus will get the shaft just like we did with Heatley although we kind of lucked out with Michalek.

Acid08

Banned
One of the teams on Nash's list will get him for a decent player(or two) and a cap dump.

Columbus will get the shaft just like we did with Heatley although we kind of lucked out with Michalek.
That you did. Fuck his injury history though. Poor Milan :(. I'll always remember the dirty hit that scumbag Torres laid on him.

Merguson

Banned
We've got enough of them coming up. Our forward prospect pool is dire at best.

I would still take a D-Man if it meant he was the BPA. I think most teams do it anyways. Might be different in Montreal's case I suppose.

Leafs are going BPA for sure. No high-end talent in the pool but depth at every position. I wouldn't be surprised if the Leafs drafted a D-Man.

ShaneB

Christ this thread is crazy, I can't wait for tomorrow, we're busting at the seams for less rumours and more confirmations! lol

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Christ this thread is crazy, I can't wait for tomorrow, we're busting at the seams for less rumours and more confirmations! lol

Yeah i just hope SOMETHING happens tomorrow, after all these Luongo, Nash, Ryan etc rumours I don't want to see tomorrow fo by with nothing happening...

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Jesus fuck every interview Burke gives makes me nervous as hell

Hey guys we need to upgrade goalie... Let's roll with what we had arrggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ShaneB

Yeah i just hope SOMETHING happens tomorrow, after all these Luongo, Nash, Ryan etc rumours I don't want to see tomorrow fo by with nothing happening...

With this many rumours, I think it's likely something big will go down at least, it's just typical waiting for the 11th hour to get something done.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
With this many rumours, I think it's likely something big will go down at least, it's just typical waiting for the 11th hour to get something done.
When does TSN start their draft day show? I'll put a stream on at work if I can find one...

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
sounds like nash just wants to go to a team where the media/fan pressure wont be solely on his shoulders to win. i guess it makes sense as its been that way for his entire career in columbus

Top Bottom