• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Cake Boss

Banned
I want someone who is game ready and not a prospect :-

Both are ready to make the next jump and have played very well when called upon, far from prospects.

You aint getting a solidified #1 proven goalie. Its either a back up with potential like Lindback/ Bishop/ Bernier etc.

No one is giving out #1 goalies.

But what I'm saying is, put Lundqvist on that team and it's still not making the playoffs. Playoffs shouldn't even be on CBJs mind right now. Rebuild, not "refresh".

They finished incredibly strong after the firing of Arniel. Played the spoiler to many teams who were vying for the playoffs. The emergence of Jack Johnson and Cam Atkinson, almost two hat tricks in a span of a week, bodes well for the team.

Clydefrog

Where are the Kings lifelongs? I figured they would be spamming the thread with SC pictures, I sure as hell would be.

tumblr_m5vc05RYys1rq2lw6o3_1280.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Yakupov: "I wanna go #1. No one dreams of going #2. That's stupid." :lol :lol

And it's not surprising Staal said no, why would he want to remain #3 on the Pens when he can be a #1 on other teams.

Red_Man

Seems to be very likely Howson moves down from #2, this could really fuck us over for Galchenyuk. Some guy from Montreal said Timmins and the Habs have Galchenyuk over Yakupov, if true I could see Bergevin moving up. Just as long as Toronto doesn't get him :(

Cake Boss

Banned
Maybe that 2nd overall is coming back to OTT in that huge ass package we are sending them for Nash, and just waiting for tomorrow during the draft to announce it, thats why Howsen said he might trade down if we're giving them our 1st plus out best D prospect.

/ wishful fucking thinking.

Edit: oh shit lol

"@Aportzline: Told the #CBJ are considering at least one trade offer that would have them moving down from the No. 2 overall pick."

"@RealKyper: #SNdraft news. Seems #Sens and #Sharks most interested #NHL teams for #Bluejackets Rick Nash as of Thurs nite."

This is more exciting than the trade deadline.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Dreger says Leafs have considerable interest in JVR and Bobby Ryan.

WHAT ELSE IS NEW I THINK I'VE HEARD THIS ABOUT 400 TIMES

A hockey reporter saying hockey's most popular market team is interest in top players to troll for hits/popularity? I'M SHOCKED!

Cake Boss

Banned
Sens gunning after Nash:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCVCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK THHHHAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTT

This will be the biggest fucking mistake yhe franchise has made since chossing Redden over Chara and trading Hossa. Lehner is going to be a fucking franchise goalie. FUUUUUCCKKKK I played Xbox with this fucker.

Red_Man

Howson said their #1 and #2 picks are pretty close, yet he wants to move his pick :lol what a dumbass

Edit : he also looks like a pedophile

Red_Man

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCVCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK THHHHAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTT

This will be the biggest fucking mistake yhe franchise has made since chossing Redden over Chara and trading Hossa. Lehner is going to be a fucking franchise goalie. FUUUUUCCKKKK I played Xbox with this fucker.
Calling him a franchise goalie already? Lulz you should have a chat with Leaf fans about goalies.

Cake Boss

Banned
Calling him a franchise goalie already? Lulz you should have a chat with Leaf fans about goalies.

The only 3rd goaltender in history to ever win a pro championship ( Calder Cup and MVP) as a teenager. The last 2 Carey Price and Patrick Roy who you might know.

Calling him a franchise is a bit too much but #1 potential for sure. The emotions got to me.

Silexx

Sylvain St-Laurent ‏@Syl_St_Laurent

Selon @RealKyper, les Sharks offriraient Clowe, Pavelski, Demers et un 1er choix. les #Sens offriraient Lehner, Zibanejad et un 1er choix.

St-Laurent seems to think that SJ has the better offer right now.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
The only 3rd goaltender in history to ever win a pro championship ( Calder Cup and MVP) as a teenager. The last 2 Carey Price and Patrick Roy who you might know.

Calling him a franchise is a bit too much but #1 potential for sure. The emotions got to me.

Does it really matter what age a goaltender is when winning the Calder? Neuvirth is average and he was the Calder Cup MVP when he was barely older than a teenager. It was also his first professional season.

Top Bottom