• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
FUCK. Staal apparently turned down a 60 million dollar deal from the Pens, according to Kypreos. And other sources have been saying that "Jordan is not ready to sign an extension at this time."

The writing's on the wall. Shero better get a wicked return. Give us Nail, Edmonton.

I'm kind of surprised considering the rumors are that he "loves" Pittsburgh.

Florida wants Luongo back? What?
Hell no. Makes no sense for Lou and his contract. Markstrom is our future Theo is on the hook for cheap. Markstrom should be in the NHL this season with Theo. Unless Tallon is trading Markstrom but then than puts our goalie situation out in question for long term.

Dude if the 5th is in play, fuck Schenn. We'll give you JVR for that pick. I'm sure we can find someone to replace his whopping 35point max seasons.

EDIT: Any chance Dumba falls to 5?

EDIT2: Wait Dumba's only 6'?! Aren't there any big guys up this year?!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Can't wait for tomorrow and the revelation that this trade his been made:

To TOR:
- Ville Leino
- Derek Roy

To BUF:
- Jake Gardiner
- 2012 5th overall

Look in the Toronto Star for the black guy who offed himself and only left a suicide note that read "KESSSSELLLLLLL"

Alucard

Banned
Ryan Miller for the #5 pick? It's the only thing that makes sense.

...And Jordan Staal is a great player, but not sure if he's a first liner.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Dude if the 5th is in play, fuck Schenn. We'll give you JVR for that pick. I'm sure we can find someone to replace his whopping 35point max seasons.

EDIT: Any chance Dumba falls to 5?

EDIT2: Wait Dumba's only 6'?! Aren't there any big guys up this year?!
Burke's not stupid enough to give the 5th for JVR, and almost 100% sure Dumba will be there unless Islanders take him. He hits like a truck, don't let his size fool you, he's compared to Subban when talking about his physical size because both use their smaller frames to wreck people

Burke's not stupid enough to give the 5th for JVR, and almost 100% sure Dumba will be there unless Islanders take him. He hits like a truck, don't let his size fool you, he's compared to Subban when talking about his physical size because both use their smaller frames to wreck people

I'd give up JVR and our pick for the 5th. Unloads cap and could bring in a guy that could play now. Unfortunately any D-Man that gets taken that high probably won't contribute right away :(

Montresor

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve it, just don't understand how he was nominated this year, when he played last year as well. If he won I would have been fine with it, obviously I wanted Patches to get it. They both had amazing comebacks.

Late, and yes, Lupul's situation is unique, since it took him so long to become really good after he returned from injury. But the Masterton is awarded to anyone that exemplifies perseverance in recovering from a serious injury and Lupul qualifies based on that alone. I couldn't find any restrictions on NHL.com so I don't think Lupul playing ~~50 games prior to his all-star year in 2011/2012 should have affected his eligibility for the award.

Red_Man

I'd give up JVR and our pick for the 5th. Unloads cap and could bring in a guy that could play now. Unfortunately any D-Man that gets taken that high probably won't contribute right away :(
Only D-man in this draft ready to play next year is Murray, at least at this point anyways. Training camp could change things for some players.

LOL Burke, what a prick.

Alucard

Banned
Would love for Staal to stay with the Pens, but the thought of what they could get for him is pretty attractive too. A near-top flight winger would be awesome, or a major dman.

Staal for Suter?!

MPW

I've pretty certain now that the Habs will get Gally or Forsberg. I've dropped Grigo out. I figured with the third pick, Habs order of preference is:

1. Yakupov (yes Red Man, I saw your post)
2. Galchenyuk
3. Forsberg

how good is this kid?

watch us draft a d man lol

Red_Man

how good is this kid?

watch us draft a d man lol
Physical power forward, projected first line winger, just not as flashy or sexy as the other picks, youngest player in the draft, and will need at least 1-2 years. Very safe pick. I expect Timmins to grab him if Galchenyuk is gone, but I'd rather we grab Grigorenko.

0IlEo.jpg

Dave Pollak said:
@PollakOnSharks
From 2,247 miles away, I'm hearing there are no Nash talks between ‪#Sjsharks‬ and CBJ, who still want Couture. No counter-proposal period.

So much crazy misinformation

MPW

Physical power forward, projected first line winger, just not as flashy or sexy as the other picks, youngest player in the draft, and will need at least 1-2 years. Very safe pick. I expect Timmins to grab him if Galchenyuk is gone, but I'd rather we grab Grigorenko.

lolwut? is he even in the top 10 anymore? heard he's lazy

Solo

We hear that about every Russian though. I think him playing through mono and an injury really lowered his stock with a lot of people. Mark my words, if he slides out of the Top 10, 5 years down the road he will be the steal of the draft.

Solo

If we do land Galchenyuk, I'm curious as to what the plan will be for him. Does he do another year in the OHL, then a year in Hamilton before the NHL (2 year plan)? Or 1 year in Hamilton (1 year plan)? I just hope to god they don't try to push him into the NHL this year.

MPW

If we do land Galchenyuk, I'm curious as to what the plan will be for him. Does he do another year in the OHL, then a year in Hamilton before the NHL (2 year plan)? Or 1 year in Hamilton (1 year plan)? I just hope to god they don't try to push him into the NHL this year.

2 year plan, no need to take risks

plus, 2 years left in gomez's contract

Red_Man

Grigs is still in a lot of scouts top 5 or top 3, he doesn't give 100% all the time, but even at 70% scouts say he's the best player on the ice, and can slow the game down to his own pace. Has one of the highest skill sets in the draft, and has a great frame. A lot of potential in him.

Solo

2 year plan, no need to take risks

plus, 2 years left in gomez's contract

I think 2 years would be wise too. Hell, Bergevin even said it himself that (paraphrased): "I've never heard anyone say 'we brought that guy up too late', but I have heard many people say 'we brought that guy up too soon' ". And lest we forget Pacioretty. They brought him up too soon, and bless his soul, he straight up said he'd rather get top line AHL experience than 4th line NHL experience. They sent him back down for a year, and now he's a beast.

Red_Man

He has to do 1 year in the OHL. He can't play in the AHL (not old enough), and he missed an entire year already this past season, no way he can jump right into the NHL. Probably play his 8 games and get sent back down.

Top Bottom