• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

Jesus fuck every interview Burke gives makes me nervous as hell

Hey guys we need to upgrade goalie... Let's roll with what we had arrggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm sure any long time Canucks fan can tell you about Burke's goalie carousel in Vancouver. Shouldn't be much of a surprise.

The conspiracy theorist in me wants to connect the fact that we haven't signed Duchene or O'Reilly yet to Nash/Parise/etc's situations. I know there's a slim chance of something ridiculous happening, but man I would be pretty upset if it did. SIGN THEM SHERMAN. SIGN THEM YOU GODDAMN APE.

dem

Finally those silly playoffs are over and we can get to the real meat of the NHL, the draft.

Yakupov! Yakupov!

Screen-Shot-2012-06-07-at-3.52.01-PM.png

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Not a fair comparison, you guys have players that can out score AHL teams on their own, I don't think the Leafs forwards combined could out score the average AHL team.

well that's not true

leafs score a ton of goals

they just make sure their opponents always score at least one more

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Detroit is on that list? Hmmm...... I really wouldn't trade the farm for him though but he would be a nice addition.

Playes I would trade: Franzen, 1st round draft pick for next year, Tatar, Sheahan, Quincey, Kindl, Ericsson, White... Which when you think of it, we don't have many players with value that I would want to trade away, only one would be Franzen or I guess Tatar might have some as well.

Trading for Nash would be the worst thing Detroit could do right now. They'll demand Smith and I wouldn't give him up.

Trading for Nash would be the worst thing Detroit could do right now. They'll demand Smith and I wouldn't give him up.

Yup, that's why I said the most of our players who have trade value I don't want to give up. I just hope Holland can pull off some signings and a possible trade this year, with the rumors going around how some of our top players aren't happy with Babs is true, we need to fix it asap or this could end up being a very bad season.

JVR + 1st rounder for Yandle.
Resign Carle.
Let Jagr walk.
Bring up Wellwood and Harry Z

Hartnell/G/Read
Simmonds/Briere/Voracek
Wellwood/Couts/Schenn
Rinaldo/Talbot/Harry Z

Kimmo/Coburn
Yandle/Mez
Carle/Gus

Bryz/Bob

YES PLEASE!

EDIT: Looking at this team... they're almost all under 30 too! We could hold onto this core for YEARS! WANT WANT WANT!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Yup, that's why I said the most of our players who have trade value I don't want to give up. I just hope Holland can pull off some signings and a possible trade this year, with the rumors going around how some of our top players aren't happy with Babs is true, we need to fix it asap or this could end up being a very bad season.

Haven't heard this but wouldn't be surprised at all. It made absolutely no sense to stick with the "fire the puck from the point into a mass of bodies" method on the PP all year long. That had to be frustrating.

Haven't heard this but wouldn't be surprised at all. It made absolutely no sense to stick with the "fire the puck from the point into a mass of bodies" method on the PP all year long. That had to be frustrating.

It's from HFboards posters who say they have inside info and another news source, so I wouldn't hold much truth to it, though I can imagine there are some tensions just not to the extent that some say.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Jesus fuck every interview Burke gives makes me nervous as hell

Hey guys we need to upgrade goalie... Let's roll with what we had arrggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'd be lying if I said I'd be disappointed if we went into next season with Reimer and Scrivens. But if the asking price is too high I'm glad Burke won't give in to it.

Should be reassuring to anyone who wants Burke out to see him not mortgage the future just to keep his job.

Looks like Detroit has landed Swiss top player and free agent Damien Brunner:

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2012/06/red_wings_appear_to_have_lande.html

Here is hoping he doesn't turn into a Leino or Brunnstrom and what not. It seems the success of these players becoming really good in the NHL is very slim unfortunately, can't remember the last time this has really worked out for a team. Here is hoping that this streak is broken and Brunner becomes a good addition to the team.

Plinko

Curufinwe

JVR + 1st rounder for Yandle.
Resign Carle.
Let Jagr walk.
Bring up Wellwood and Harry Z

Hartnell/G/Read
Simmonds/Briere/Voracek
Wellwood/Couts/Schenn
Rinaldo/Talbot/Harry Z

Kimmo/Coburn
Yandle/Mez
Carle/Gus

Bryz/Bob

YES PLEASE!

EDIT: Looking at this team... they're almost all under 30 too! We could hold onto this core for YEARS! WANT WANT WANT!

Please no. Not for $5 million a year, anyway.

And you left Grossmann off your top 6 D list?

Please no. Not for $5 million a year, anyway.

And you left Grossmann off your top 6 D list?

I would think if you could swing a trade for Yandle you could let Carle walk and save the $5m. Maybe bring Jagr back and limit his games played. He looked great when he was rested, but he wore down so badly in the playoffs.

MPW

draft day

shit i'm hyped

plz don't fuck this up by drafting a dud

we don't draft really high all the time so we need to make it count

dem

Sounds like the Oiles are going to BLOW IT and pick Murray.

What a joke. Fucking morons.

Why did we have to win the lottery?

dem

Ryan Murray is not even a top 5 pick in most years.. and we're going to waste 1st overall on him.

The Oilers hurt my fucking brain

Top Bottom