• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL 2011-2012 Offseason thread of Cash Rules Everything Around Me

jacknicholsonyes.gif

Chief: Bobrovsky, in my office. NOW!
Bobrovsky: ...
Chief: The hell kind of stunt was that?
Bobrovsky:Just doing my job sir...the only way I know how.
Chief: That's 15 people dead, and 3 wounded for traffic duty!
Bobrovsky: Like I said, the only way I know how.

Chief: Well, we're gonna need to reign you in. You're a loose cannon. Meet your new partner.
Bishop: Hey, friend.
Bob: [scowl]
Chief: This kid just graduated top of his class in the academy. He's gonna clean up your act Bob.
Bob: My act doesn't need any cleaning up.
Bishop: Of course not! I just hope we can work well together!
Chief and Bob: SHUT THE HELL UP BISHOP!

Howson apparently said that no teams are close...

He can seriously fuck off, no one wants Nash at that ridiculous price. Since he revealed that Nash requested a trade, he would never be able to get exactly what he wants.

If we're still in the talks then I imagine that Nash has accepted to waive to come here.

I doubt it, our name has never come up in his supposed "list".

Our offer isn't good enough for Howson, no one's is.

Giving up this much for Nash will do us as much good as the Kessel trade was for the Leafs.

I bet you Crosby will resign at a lower cap hit.

Quick

Banned
Chief: Well, we're gonna need to reign you in. You're a loose cannon. Meet your new partner.
Bishop: Hey, friend.
Bob: [scowl]
Chief: This kid just graduated top of his class in the academy. He's gonna clean up your act Bob.
Bob: My act doesn't need any cleaning up.
Bishop: Of course not! I just hope we can work well together!
Chief and Bob: SHUT THE HELL UP BISHOP!

Later that day, in another part of town...

E. Kane: Patrick, isn't it a little too early to drink?
P. Kane: Evander, don't be such a downer, man.
E. Kane: But we're on duty!
P. Kane: The chief don't know what he don't....where was I going with this?
E. Kane: Have it your way, then.
P. Kane: Listen, Evander, why don't you have a sip. Live a little--wait, what's that?
Police Radio: All available units, we have a situation at main street. All available units, please respond...
Kanes: [stares at each other]
Kanes: BOBROVSKY!
E. Kane: This looks like a job for...
P. Kane: Sup ladies. I love your porky arms.
E. Kane: [sigh]

Quick

Banned
1AU46.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
DRAFT DAY IS FINALLY HERE WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hell why did he even trade for bob... going into howsons brain would make a great iPsyconauts sequel
Fixed that for ya.

:lol :lol at that Dolan pic, I think he needs to be in this thread more often, and regarding Yakupov possibly falling to 3, I don't think it happens, but there's a part of me that would still take Galchenyuk over him.

Damien Cox says the Leafs aren't going after Nash anymore and Vancouver has no one for Luongo except the Leafs and any reports otherwise are dreams

Red_Man

If Bergevin is smart, he'll unload Kaberle, Gomez, and Borque on Howson while he's still GM.

It will be pretty crazy if in a few days both Nash and B. Ryan are in the EC

Red_Man

Dunno if this has been posted in the last page or 2 but Ryan Murrays brother tweeted this then deleted it a while back

"not that i know for absolute sure but its looking pretty good that we could be making some alberta trips in the near future. #JustSayin"

YES. YES. YESSSSSSSS.

Dunno if this has been posted in the last page or 2 but Ryan Murrays brother tweeted this then deleted it a while back

"not that i know for absolute sure but its looking pretty good that we could be making some alberta trips in the near future. #JustSayin"

YES. YES. YESSSSSSSS.

So the Flames are going to trade Iginla to the Habs and then draft him?

Heretic

If Bergevin is smart, he'll unload Kaberle, Gomez, and Borque on Howson while he's still GM.

It will be pretty crazy if in a few days both Nash and B. Ryan are in the EC

Won't happen. Unless it's something big like Nash + 1st for Bobby Ryan. I would accept no less.

Cake Boss

Banned

YES. YES. YESSSSSSSS.

LOOOOLOOOOOOOLLLOOOOLLLLOLLLL TAMBELLINI LOOOOOOLLLLL

Red_Man

I think Dumba would fit in perfectly in Philly, and would much prefer if they didn't land him.

Red_Man

Down Goes Brown always has the best tweets:

How bad does your goaltending situation have to be for you to think “You know, I should call up the Flyers for help”.

Heretic

Philly has made calls to try and get Ducks pick aka Dumba :(
You put Dumba in our minds, Red_Man! If we don't get him, it's you hear on a platter!!!
He's undersized. I like what I see but he's just not gonna make an impact very soon. Homer isn't patient enough to keep him around until he's worth it.

I still kinda miss Sbisa....

Cam was/is undersized to and he's been great.

I love Sbisa =)

Top Bottom