• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I think this game ends 2-0 St. Louis (empty net goal at the end). Detroit just isn't getting any consistent pressure. A few shots here and there, best chance was the Nyquist breakaway.

So this "weird fans" commercial. Have Force and Sully been around much this year? Saw them early on, but nothing since then whenever I see Vancouver games.

Montresor

Next year every team will play each other at least twice. Wouldn't it be amazing if they started a new tradition that ensured the Cup finalists play a home and home at the beginning of every year?

Next year every team will play each other at least twice. Wouldn't it be amazing if they started a new tradition that ensured the Cup finalists play a home and home at the beginning of every year?

That would be neato.

Also, start the season with the All Star game, or something like that.

pringles

St. Louis Blues PK strategy:

- Have 5 guys on the ice

Edit: I don't think we are going to win this, that weak goal is going to be the winner unfortunately.

Yeah I think this game ends 2-0 St. Louis (empty net goal at the end). Detroit just isn't getting any consistent pressure. A few shots here and there, best chance was the Nyquist breakaway.
Brian Elliott with a shutout? The horror...

So water polo I take it?
Roller hockey.

It's about ~60 degrees at a hockey game so I assume they can cover the ice during the day and have it open during the night. It would be cool to see.

Secretly then I want to see one at the Marlins new stadium. They can close up the stadium to make the ice and then maintain it during the evening with stadium open. A hockey game with the Miami skyline as a backdrop. It would be epic.

I get what you are saying but would anyone have wanted this year to start with Kings Devils?

Acid08

Banned
Roller hockey.

It's about ~60 degrees at a hockey game so I assume they can cover the ice during the day and have it open during the night. It would be cool to see.

Secretly then I want to see one at the Marlins new stadium. They can close up the stadium to make the ice and then maintain it during the evening with stadium open. A hockey game with the Miami skyline as a backdrop. It would be epic.
Yeah and then Pitbull performances between periods right?

I can't believe we are going to let Elliot get a shutout, we have shots, but they are extremely weak and absolutely no good scoring chances despite having a good amount of possession, Red Wings hockey for ya.

pringles

I can't believe we are going to let Elliot get a shutout, we have shots, but they are extremely weak and absolutely no good scoring chances despite having a good amount of possession, Red Wings hockey for ya.
Hitchcock hockey you mean... don't let that man's team get a lead on you..

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
C'mon Detroit, just score a damn goal. Do the same shit every team does to you late in a game when you're ahead by 1 or 2.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
At this point if the Leafs are somehow able to win both games against the Rangers it pretty much clinches the elusive playoffs.
On the flip side, if we can sweep the home and home with the Leafs we could potentially jump as high as 5th place and almost lock into the playoffs. After the games with the Leafs, all of our remaining games are against teams below us. In fact I think every game is against a team currently out of the playoffs except for one game against the Isles.

Liking our chances in general right now.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
The fact that the avs have sunken so low and literally nothing has been done management wise just reinforces the notion that ownership doesn't give a fuck about anything other than the Nuggets. Until they start being terrible and irrelevant again the Avs will remain terrible and irrelevant. Sell this franchise already.
Why did you guys not let ROR go for picks?!?!?!?!

You could potentially have had 2 picks in the top 5.

Make a few more trades to guarantee the tank and you could've had 3 or possibly 4 in the top 10/15 in what is considered a deep draft. It boggles my mind what the management is doing there. On top of that, someone like the Isle could STILL have come in and claimed ROR as well which would further weaken a divisional rival.

pringles

Only the Red Wings can give Brian Elliott a shutout.

Not much of a game, Wings didn't get any lucky bounces, Blues got one and that's the way it goes.

Now we're in a must-win situation, can't lose many many games if we're gonna make the playoffs.

SCREW YOU ST. LOUIS, YOU DIDN'T DESERVE A WIN ON THAT PATHETIC GOAL. KRONWALL YOU ARE A COMPLETE IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO LIGHT YOURSELF ON FIRE FOR THAT DUMB PLAY!!!!!!!!!

ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC IN EVERY WAY, LET STUPID 3.WHATEVER GAA SHUT YOU OUT, NOT GONNA MAKE THE DANG PLAYOFFS IF YOU CAN'T SCORE ON A HORRIBLE GOALIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STUPID GAME, STUPID SHORTENED SEASON, I HATE THIS WORTHLESS TEAM!!!!!!!!!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Off to go play hockey now, cya.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
On the flip side, if we can sweep the home and home with the Leafs we could potentially jump as high as 5th place and almost lock into the playoffs. After the games with the Leafs, all of our remaining games are against teams below us. In fact I think every game is against a team currently out of the playoffs except for one game against the Isles.

Liking our chances in general right now.

Truly the most crucial home and home of the season.

Acid08

Banned
Agreed, since they scored it's been nothing but sit back, get the puck, ice it. Fun fun fun for everyone!
St. Louis Blues Hockey. Besides the Sharks being awful during the last playoffs, it was that exact thing that made that series so fucking boring to watch.

Get lead and pull that shit constantly. Get puck, dump in, change lines, rinse and repeat.

St. Louis Blues Hockey. Besides the Sharks being awful during the last playoffs, it was that exact thing that made that series so fucking boring to watch.

Get lead and pull that shit constantly. Get puck, dump in, change lines, rinse and repeat.

iPjZ97nF8A81.gif

Jakeh111

Not with a 1 goal difference....

I'd rather see the Leafs finish in 6th and face the Caps/Jets in the 1st round. I don't want anything to do with finishing in 5th and having to play the Bruins(assuming they don't win the division and finish 4th)

I don't really care at this point. Making the playoffs period is a massive improvement and I'm not going to complain even if we get swept in round 1. Any experience for our young team is a positive besides Boston would be a good test.

The worst part is that their fans won't acknowledge it.

Cake Boss

Banned
SCREW YOU ST. LOUIS, YOU DIDN'T DESERVE A WIN ON THAT PATHETIC GOAL. KRONWALL YOU ARE A COMPLETE IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC IN EVERY WAY, LET STUPID 3.WHATEVER GAA SHUT YOU OUT, NOT GONNA MAKE THE DANG PLAYOFFS IF YOU CAN'T SCORE ON A HORRIBLE GOALIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

ibcZSXfpBWcH1C.gif

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

:(
Crazed has gone crazed.

I told ya beginning of the season that the Wings aren't the same without Lidstrom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom