• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

pringles

Wow just another horrible flames trade lol
Really seems like they're picking up some dead-end prospects... if I was a Flames fan I'd be upset, they're finally entering rebuild mode but they're not getting half as good a return as they should be getting for these players.

Curufinwe

Really seems like they're picking up some dead-end prospects... if I was a Flames fan I'd be upset, they're finally entering rebuild mode but they're not getting half as good a return as they should be getting for these players.

Bouwmeester had a NTC so I wouldn't be surprised if this was just the best return Calgary could get.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Bouwmeester to St. Louis?! WTF....????

That's an odd trade, but whatever.

edit: Jonnsson, what is wrong wit you! 5 million back up!? Only Vancouver has those!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Patches line looked really good that period, hopefully they keep it up. Beaulieu has looked real steady as well.

Curufinwe

Blues have a shitload of cap space even after taking on Bouwmeester

But they now have 12 players who will be UFAs or RFAs next season, including Shattenkirk and Pietrangelo who are both due big raises.

Maybe the Flyers can trade a forward for Shattenkirk in the summer.

Do the Blues have cap space? That's a stupid big contact.

Plenty, not the issue. Not operating in the red is the issue (not an attendance issue, deeper rooted financial problems).

But, we pay Andy Mac 4.5m this year. If we keep him, it won't be for nearly that much. There's also Halak and Elliott's contracts to consider. At least one of them has to go, Allen has earned his slot.

Spl1nter

Based on Nonis today, we are not trading Bozie and Mac, only interest I have is a veteran RD, such as Robidas. Have no interest in a goalie what so ever.

Marvie_3

Banned
But they now have 12 players who will be UFAs or RFAs next season, including Shattenkirk and Pietrangelo who are both due big raises.

Maybe the Flyers can trade a forward for Shattenkirk in the summer.

They aren't going to re-sign them all and right now they have $27M+ in cap space for next season. They'll be fine.

Luke Adam? Are you serious? I never thought he'd get the call again.

Maybe they found someone to bite on Jochen Hecht. They did "showcase" him on the first line yesterday. Please!

Wow just another horrible flames trade lol

Kind of happy the Leafs didnt go for him despite the low price, dont need another left handed dman.

LOl horrible my ass, his cap hit is huge and hes gonna be worthless if we dont dump him now.

Guess were trying to win the lottery :/

Got a ton of cap space now though hah

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Bouwmeester has been a negative player his entire career.

He never scored more than 15 goals after leaving Florida, and he has never beaten his 46 point rookie season.

Why did this guy get so much money????????

Edit: @ terrordactyl, I don't know if it was you or another Flames fan, but I suggested getting rid of him awhile ago, but apparently he was too good to move... -_-

Cake Boss

Banned
Wait wait wait.....

Douglas Murray returned more than Jay Boumeester?

ib1hrR66gz5V6T.gif

ic3OVG6R9EBQr.gif

And Regehr returned more than what Calgary got for him 2 years ago, and he has only gotten crappier and slower.

ity1HBlRcTXts.gif

Feaster

i5EoguagfEv64.gif

So Bo and Iginla returned a late 2014 1st round pick, and a late 2013 1st round pick that might as well be a 2nd rounder and a bunch of crappy to mediorce prospects.

Andy Strickland ‏@andystrickland 47s
The #stlblues will move a Dman to make room for Bouwmeester. Including JayBo the Blues have 24 roster players. 9 D-men

Wade Redden anyone ? lol

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I imagine every GM has Feaster on the line waiting to see how hard they can fleece him.

calder

Jesus, what a waste of a chance. Great first period, then slow decline.

And wtf at Noel's short bench. Why have a fourth line at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom