• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merguson

Banned
I feel...right.

He might find love someday...his beautiful Kessel sister...

iY965tGhkfUSC.gif

Alucard

Banned
Exactly. People like you became bandwagon fans when they were a contender, much like the Crosby fans after you.

I hate that city. I hate that franchise. I hate Mario but I really really hate that motherfucker Crosby and would gladly knock him out if he crossed my path.

I knew fuck all about where the pens were in the standings as a new 10-year-old fan. I liked them because the friend who introduced me to hockey liked them and mario lemieux. Nothing more. It automatically made me the outsider fan at school since everyone either liked the Leafs or Habs, and I kind of liked that. Just got lucky as a new fan that the team I started following won two straight Cups in my first two years of fandom.

I've just stayed a fan since then.

So I bought an umbrella and feel like such a square using it. I almost didn't even use it when I walked home. And when I did I was laughing the whole time. Anyone else feel this way?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Strombone ‏@strombone1 3h
For tonight and tonight only I am a Boston Bruins fan

Alucard

Banned
I hate this team so much, I seriously believe this team goes, "Hey, Arab is going to watch the game today. Oh really, well I wonder how we can lose this game!"

Maybe a meteor will hit the earth tomorrow and just end this season, I would really love that to happen right now.

Man, you take your shit far too seriously. @_@ I might also be mad if years of dominance were suddenly fading into the distant past, though.

Smiley90

Man, you take your shit far too seriously. @_@ I might also be mad if years of dominance were suddenly fading into the distant past, though.

I just realized that next season, we'll have the chance for a Wings-Rangers playoff matchup. It will be a "shit on your own team" spectacle of epic proportions if it happens.

Mr.Green

I knew fuck all about where the pens were in the standings as a new 10-year-old fan. I liked them because the friend who introduced me to hockey liked them and mario lemieux. Nothing more. It automatically made me the outsider fan at school since everyone either liked the Leafs or Habs, and I kind of liked that. Just got lucky as a new fan that the team I started following won two straight Cups in my first two years of fandom.

I've just stayed a fan since then.

Yada yada yada. Impostor.

So disappointed in you...

Now be a man ffs. What will it be? Leafs or Sens?

Choose wisely.

Alucard

Banned
Slowly regaining revenge for 2010.

Playoffs are a whole new beast. I'd be lying if I said I didn't expect the Pens to go deep this season. Honestly, with the roster they have, and with the way the new guys have been coming together and contributing, anything less than a Stanley Cup will be disappointing this season. Not often your GM can add 4 key pieces without losing any roster players. This team feels different...deepest Pens have been since their Cup in 2009. Just getting that feeling, but I don't wanna go full-on Tabris just yet.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Playoffs are a whole new beast. I'd be lying if I said I didn't expect the Pens to go deep this season. Honestly, with the roster they have, and with the way the new guys have been coming together and contributing, anything less than a Stanley Cup will be disappointing this season. Not often your GM can add 4 key pieces without losing any roster players. This team feels different...deepest Pens have been since their Cup in 2009. Just getting that feeling, but I don't wanna go full-on Tabris just yet.
I mentioned this on the podcast, but as much as I joke about them failing, Pens are my pick to come out of the East as long as Fleury can keep his composure. The team is just too deep to not make a big run. If they get bounced in the 1st round it will be a failure of epic proportions.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Exactly. People like you became bandwagon fans when they were a contender, much like the Crosby fans after you.

I hate that city. I hate that franchise. I hate Mario but I really really hate that motherfucker Crosby and would gladly knock him out if he crossed my path.

lol

<3 that bitterness!

Alucard

Banned
I mentioned this on the podcast, but as much as I joke about them failing, Pens are my pick to come out of the East as long as Fleury can keep his composure. The team is just too deep to not make a big run. If they get bounced in the 1st round it will be a failure of epic proportions.

Pens can score 5 goals on any given night. Only see a hot goalie ala Halak stopping them, or MAF just totally imploding. Don't see the second one happening, though. I think he plays well enough to win, the defense is strong when fully healthy, the Pens can hit with the best of them, their PP is lethal, PK is good, and their offense can be suffocating. I know it sounds like hyperbole, but seriously...a first or even second round exit by this team would just be unacceptable to me as a fan. I expect AT LEAST a conference finals appearance out of these guys.

Which podcast are you talking about?

Red_Man

Pens can score 5 goals on any given night. Only see a hot goalie ala Halak stopping them, or MAF just totally imploding. Don't see the second one happening, though. I think he plays well enough to win, the defense is strong when fully healthy, the Pens can hit with the best of them, their PP is lethal, PK is good, and their offense can be suffocating. I know it sounds like hyperbole, but seriously...a first or even second round exit by this team would just be unacceptable to me as a fan. I expect AT LEAST a conference finals appearance out of these guys.

Which podcast are you talking about?
NHL-Gaf Podcast we recorded last night, we talked about playoff matches and our picks for teams from the West and East. I'm thinking it'll be a Hawks - Pens Cup final.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think when or how you became a fans matters as much, it is the part timers and people who switch teams that drive me crazy.

Alucard

Banned
I was born in Montreal... The doctor dude... The doctor did that.

Ah, so just like being baptized as a baby...don't know what the heck's going on and have no choice in the matter. Such a more "valid" way of becoming a fan.

This argument about fandom origins is pretty stupid to begin with.

Mr.Green

Ah, so just like being baptized as a baby...don't know what the heck's going on and have no choice in the matter. Such a more "valid" way of becoming a fan.

This argument about fandom origins is pretty stupid to begin with.

Dude, you're taking this way more seriously than I am. I'm just pulling your leg.

Traitor.

Red_Man

Is this the first one ever?
Yea, pretty rough around the edges but it's a start. We'll be rotating posters from different teams as well. Best part of it is learning that Quick is prejudice against Jets fans for some unknown reason.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Quick you better have said great things about the Leafs or I'm done with you.

My family doesn't give a shit about hockey
yet everyone can jump real high
so I have been on my own for the most part being a hockey fan. I only became a Leafs fan because I saw that one of the players had my name.

Little did I know that player stopped playing in the 70s while I discovered him in the late 80s.

3N16MA

Banned
I don't think when or how you became a fans matters as much, it is the part timers and people who switch teams that drive me crazy.

Good point. If you want to cheer for the Pens then go ahead and do it but don't switch teams from that point on. Don't become a Red Wings fan when it looks good. I remember when the Flames were in the SCF and all of sudden I saw Flames jerseys all over the place.

Smiley90

Quick you better have said great things about the Leafs or I'm done with you.

My family doesn't give a shit about hockey
yet everyone can jump real high
so I have been on my own for the most part being a hockey fan. I only became a Leafs fan because I saw that one of the players had my name.

Little did I know that player stopped playing in the 70s while I discovered him in the late 80s.

Is your name that rare?

I'm fairly confident no NHL player has my name. I now want to find out. -goes to check-

EDIT: There's one. Welp. I now have to be a Stars fan, apparently. Hahaha no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom