• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2013 |OT| Darren Dreger: The NHL's Shane Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
DD- Patches - Gallagher line re-united in practice today

RrR1ym8.gif

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
WTF, even after that beauty feed from Pleks to Patches. Clearly the only goal is to get DD going again.
I'm hoping it's just for practice, but with so little time left that wouldn't make sense.....

D pairings are

Subban - Markov
Gorges - Diaz
Weber - Boullion

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The frequency with which I'm seeing people picking the Rangers to be out is amusing. Is this just wishful thinking?

You guys know we have a game in hand on the Jets, two home games against the Devils, a game against a Panthers team we destroyed just a few days ago, and a game against the Hurricanes, right? Two wins is probably all we need. Three is a guaranteed in no matter what Winnipeg does.

If we miss out, then we fucking deserve to miss.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
The frequency with which I'm seeing people picking the Rangers to be out is amusing. Is this just wishful thinking?

You guys know we have a game in hand on the Jets, two home games against the Devils, a game against a Panthers team we destroyed just a few days ago, and a game against the Hurricanes, right? Two wins is probably all we need. Three is a guaranteed in no matter what Winnipeg does.

If we miss out, then we fucking deserve to miss.

Kovalchuk is back so there's potential they can lose both of those
Florida should be an automatic win
Hurricanes 'should' be a win, but it really depends on which Carolina shows up.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Glad I didn't see the game last night, would have lost my mind. I like Subban with Markov. When Marky is slow and lazy hopefully Subban can make up for it.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Sens have a pretty tough schedule the rest of the way.

Pens
Caps
Flyers
Bruins

I'd love it too if the Jets made it but plssss.

Hm, this is what I think will happen,

Pens = OT Loss
Caps = OT Win
Flyers = Win
Bruins = Loss

Karlsson back for the playoffs? I think Spezza is completely done, but Karlsson could help.

Hm, this is what I think will happen,

Pens = OT Loss
Caps = OT Win
Flyers = Win
Bruins = Loss

Karlsson back for the playoffs? I think Spezza is completely done, but Karlsson could help.
Getting Karlsson back would give the entire city a raging boner, but it's unlikely to happen. He needs to be 100% for next season. Spezza looks to be done.

This team is extremely inconsistent. It's either win streaks or loss streaks. Hopefully they can pull it through.

Getting Karlsson back would give the entire city a raging boner, but it's unlikely to happen. He needs to be 100% for next season. Spezza looks to be done.

Karlsson will be back before the season is over, they've all but said it.

Spezza is probably done unless we go far, and we aren't going far without him IMO.

Then again we defy all expectations so I wouldn't make any bets on us or against us either.

Stasis

I feel like I'm missing out, not having that level of bitterness.

I don't think I can muster it for Jersey, I just don't really care =/

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I leave the country for a few days and all of a sudden we put up, what, 16 goals in 7 periods? WTF guys? Where was this before?

Alucard

Banned
Just gonna leave this here...

The Pens have completed a season sweep of the Bruins, and they've also completed a season sweep of the 2, 3, and 4 seeds currently in the East. And then there's the Pens' record vs. the 8 teams jockeying for position for the other 7 spots in the Eastern playoffs: 23-4.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Just gonna leave this here...

The Pens have completed a season sweep of the Bruins, and they've also completed a season sweep of the 2, 3, and 4 seeds currently in the East. And then there's the Pens' record vs. the 8 teams jockeying for position for the other 7 spots in the Eastern playoffs: 23-4.

In perspective of playoffs, you have a "tied" season record against the leafs

We beat you in regulation once
You beat us in regulation once
You beat us in the shootout (which doesn't exist in the playoffs and leafs never win shootouts)

Pray you never face us :)

Tabris

I get the smiley, and I get it's just a joke, but been seeing way too much of this and you've got to be kidding me with this trash talk. You Leafs fans are "out-Tabris'ing" me. :p

Alucard

Banned

We beat you in regulation once
You beat us in regulation once
You beat us in the shootout (which doesn't exist in the playoffs and leafs never win shootouts)

Leafs are gone in round 1 unless they face the Habs, so I don't think the Pens will have to worry too much.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I get the smiley, and I get it's just a joke, but been seeing way too much of this and you've got to be kidding me with this trash talk. You Leafs fans are "out-Tabris'ing" me. :p

Huh? How does saying that because the leafs matched the pens in their games if you exclude shootouts anything like the bullshit you spew about destiny?

Alucard

Banned
And you would know a thing or two about first round exits!
;)

It's only happened for the past two seasons, man! I think the Pens have learned from their mistakes, and they have a lineup deep enough to take on any NHL team. Seriously, this might be the best on-paper team I've ever seen as a Pens fan.

Tabris

If NY Islanders kept the 8th spot, they would have knocked out the Pens. Tabris guarantee.

Maybe they knock them out of the second round?

It's only happened for the past two seasons, man! I think the Pens have learned from their mistakes, and they have a lineup deep enough to take on any NHL team. Seriously, this might be the best on-paper team I've ever seen as a Pens fan.

Hahaha, I'm just happy we've made it to the dance. Gotta walk before you can run!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom