• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2014 |OT| Waiting for the playoff thread...

Nicholson or Gilman.

Honestly, I'm terrified right now. I don't think anyone realized that with Gillis fired, that means the Aquillinis get to pull the decisions now.

That is fucking terrifying. The Aquillinis may not be Charles Wang, but they're close.

Gilman? Isn't he the cap guy? Great with numbers but hockey is more than numbers.

Nicholson would be interesting. Lots of success with Hockey Canada but the junior talent hasn't been as good as years past.

Roflobear

I love how my phone autocorrects to MCDONAGH since that's what I write whenever he scores. Miss that dude. Good to hear he was out practicing today

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Been a couple weeks since I've been in the Garden. Feels good. Crowd coming in was definitely livelier than usual. Guess being in the playoffs will do that.

Rangers are giving out their Extra Effort Award tonight. I voted for Zucc. Can only see it going to him, McDonagh, or our Masterton nominee Dominic Moore.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Been a couple weeks since I've been in the Garden. Feels good. Crowd coming in was definitely livelier than usual. Guess being in the playoffs will do that.
How much are tickets on average for a seat in something like row 20-25? I'm going to be in New York a lot the next year or so and would like to see a Habs game there if the prices aren't too ridiculous.

Honestly the coolest thing about this new Smash to me is how well they've nailed Megaman. Everything about him is just perfect. Capcom needs to give up that IP to Nintendo.

Gilman? Isn't he the cap guy? Great with numbers but hockey is more than numbers.

Nicholson would be interesting. Lots of success with Hockey Canada but the junior talent hasn't been as good as years past.

Nicholson is obviously well connected, but what experience does he have running a front office or dealing with professional players?

He seems more like a "President of Hockey Ops" candidate.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
How much are tickets on average for a seat in something like row 20-25? I'm going to be in New York a lot the next year or so and would like to see a Habs game there if the prices aren't too ridiculous.
In the upper bowl? Depends. You can see tickets around 50-70. A little lower and against hotter rivalries you'll get like 75-125 or more.

Lower bowl is pretty much all triple digits all the time.

RICHIE!!

Red_Man

In the upper bowl? Depends. You can see tickets around 50-70. A little lower and against hotter rivalries you'll get like 75-125 or more.

Lower bowl is pretty much all triple digits all the time.
I'd be looking at lower bowl, I was expecting triple digits, I'd prefer to keep the price under $200

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I was worried that the Flyers would dress Rosehill instead of McGinn and they actually surprised me for once!

Samyy

To be fair how Tampa hasn't got a better backup then Lindback with the wealth of half decent goalies in the NHL is weird

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'd be looking at lower bowl, I was expecting triple digits, I'd prefer to keep the price under $200
I would say that's definitely doable, especially near the ends. Probably not in the neutral zone sections, though.

Fun first period. Insane defensive play near the end robbing Zucc of a sure goal.

Roflobear

I would say that's definitely doable, especially near the ends. Probably not in the neutral zone sections, though.

Fun first period. Insane defensive play near the end robbing Zucc of a sure goal.

He could've had it but he hit the puck with the shaft of his stick

Red_Man

I don't get how he seriously injured himself there, I'll wait until a post game prognosis before I get excited. He's stoned us all year, huge plus if he is out for a long period of time, sorry Zero :(

Cool, thanks for the info.

ZeroGravity

I don't get how he seriously injured himself there, I'll wait until a post game prognosis before I get excited. He's stoned us all year, huge plus if he is out for a long period of time, sorry Zero :(
He fell pretty hard on his hand. He had a hand injury a few months ago and the feeling was he's still been battling that. Not sure if it's the same hand he just fell on, but he's been out of the line-up multiple times this year so he's not the most durable goalie.

Red_Man

He fell pretty hard on his hand. He had a hand injury a few months ago and the feeling was he's still been battling that. Not sure if it's the same hand he just fell on, but he's been out of the line-up multiple times this year so he's not the most durable goalie.
Oh really? That makes a lot more sense, it looked like he landed on it awkwardly. Kind of odd that Cooper is playing him, he must really want that home ice.

ZeroGravity

Oh really? That makes a lot more sense, it looked like he landed on it awkwardly. Kind of odd that Cooper is playing him, he must really want that home ice.
That's exactly the reason, but Bishop's play has been very mediocre since the Olympic break and this is the first time he's ever had to carry a team as a starting goaltender at this level. Even with how terrible Lindback is, you have to manage your goaltenders better than he has.

Red_Man

Guess Carlyle still hasnt told Gardiner where a LD should play.
Gardiner is really fun to watch, but I can see why a coach gets frustrated with him, he's all over the place and just goes where he wants

Top Bottom