• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2014 |OT| Waiting for the playoff thread...

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Ekblad! Ekblad! Ekblad!

Just finished watching on DVR, then wrapped things up with viewing the Oilers highlights on dtmts.com - life is good! I noticed Matthias trying to screw us over, but was happy to see that Markstrom was his normal porous self... it's the nicest thing he's ever done for the Panthers.

We finished at worst 4th in the league, that's simply an amazing turnaround. I always think we have a chance to make the playoffs, but I didn't expect that.

Solo

Didn't get to see the game but I was really shocked when it was 0-0 headed to OT. Even moreso when I saw Gio scored on a penalty shot. Fuck yeah.

Home ice as long as Tampa doesn't pick up 2 today. C'mon Washington!

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't get to see the game but I was really shocked when it was 0-0 headed to OT. Even moreso when I saw Gio scored on a penalty shot. Fuck yeah.

Home ice as long as Tampa doesn't pick up 2 today. C'mon Washington!

Oh god, our home ice depends on a Washington win?

Congrats Tampa.

MacAttack

As much as I didn't want the Bruins to play Detroit in the first round, I think the we can beat them in 6 games.

Hey, at least its an O6 matchup!

And there's always Crazed's salty meltdowns after every goal to look forward to.

Is there any chance Zetterberg comes back in round 1?
please say no
We wont bring our injured 'Berg (Seidenberg) back as long as you don't!

As much as I didn't want the Bruins to play Detroit in the first round, I think the we can beat them in 6 games.

And there's always Crazed's salty meltdowns after every goal to look forward to.

please say no

No, as I said earlier, even if he did he wouldn't be anywhere near 100%. Wings in 9!!

pringles

please say no
Late in the series hasn't been ruled out, but realistically he's out until the 2nd round. Who knows with Z though, he's not like normal people.

MacAttack

Late in the series hasn't been ruled out, but realistically he's out until the 2nd round. Who knows with Z though, he's not like normal people.

What scares me is if the series goes 6 or 7 and Zetterberg does come back, even if he's not 100% and gives the team some kind of inspirational boost a la Willis Reed. (Yes, I just made a basketball reference.)

Here's to a quick series!

Best case scenario: Bruins sweep the first two at home, Crazed threatens to never watch a game ever again, we take one on the road and wrap things up in game 5 or 6 before anyone even thinks about a comeback for Z.

pringles

What scares me is if the series goes 6 or 7 and Zetterberg does come back, even if he's not 100% and gives the team some kind of inspirational boost a la Willis Reed. (Yes, I just made a basketball reference.)

Here's to a quick series!

Best case scenario: Bruins sweep the first two at home, Crazed threatens to never watch a game ever again, we take one on the road and wrap things up in game 5 or 6 before anyone even thinks about a comeback for Z.
Not even crazed can have a meltdown over a playoff loss against the Bruins.... right crazed..?

I wish we had Ericsson, because I have a feeling Lashoff-Kindl will get abused a lot. We also need Datsyuk to find his legs and for Babcock to stop playing Abdelkader on his wing. I really doubt it will be a 4 or 5 game series. Babcock will find a way to make it a competitive series.

I imagine today's game is the Grand Rapids Griffins vs. the Chicago Wolves, but with the Ducks icing the Norfolk Admirals today, Colorado is pretty much guaranteed the Central.

The beard proves that

Not even crazed can have a meltdown over a playoff loss against the Bruins.... right crazed..?

I wish we had Ericsson, because I have a feeling Lashoff-Kindl will get abused a lot. We also need Datsyuk to find his legs and for Babcock to stop playing Abdelkader on his wing. I really doubt it will be a 4 or 5 game series. Babcock will find a way to make it a competitive series.

I can meltdown to just about anything, so no guarantees.

Crazed threatens to never watch a game ever again, we take one on the road and wrap things up in game 5 or 6 before anyone even thinks about a comeback for Z.

That's going to happen after the first hour of game 1.

I imagine today's game is the Grand Rapids Griffins vs. the Chicago Wolves, but with the Ducks icing the Norfolk Admirals today, Colorado is pretty much guaranteed the Central.

Sproul and Ouellet are playing together today, AH YEAH!! Future star D men right there!

Is ESO less boring now than it was in the beta?

Depends if you're the sort that enjoys story. I'm loving the lore behind each quest and sit through each quest dialogue like it's an actual story.

If you're just a mad clicker, like in WoW, then it's not for you.

Also the combat is fantastic. Keeps you on your toes.

ESO beta and nowadays are also radically different. Wanna know why you've heard very little about ESO since it launched? Because it's actually good and nobody wants to admit it.

Depends if you're the sort that enjoys story. I'm loving the lore behind each quest and sit through each quest dialogue like it's an actual story.

ESO beta and nowadays are also radically different. Wanna know why you've heard very little about ESO since it launched? Because it's actually good and nobody wants to admit it.

All I've heard is that it's bad and boring. And I've heard that a lot.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

Hmmm. I had actually talked my brother out of getting.

rellix

Hated the game, and particularly the combat. I question any system that lets you spam your skills, and the extremely limited mana/stamina system pissed me the fuck off.

I question any system that lets you spam your skills, and the extremely limited mana/stamina system pissed me the fuck off.

You do see how absolutely contradictory this is, yeah?

You're meant to move/block/kite/run and change up your playstyle depending on who you're fighting etc. Later on if you fight a mob and don't interrupt him or get out of their cone of attack, they'll pretty much one-shot you.

The difference between beta and launch on this game is immense. Now that it isn't beta, only people who paid for it are playing it while everyone that got a free beta was jumping in and judging a beta for what it was.

Samyy

Some 14 year old girl tweeted a terrorist threat to American Airlines.
Now she says it was a joke by her friends.
Oh kids these days and their social media....

Cake Boss

Banned
Some 14 year old girl tweeted a terrorist threat to American Airlines.
Now she says it was a joke by her friends.
Oh kids these days and their social media....

Real teenage girls spend their time cheering on Hertl to demolish his enemies in the playoffs.

Ricker

Damn,looking at the standings a little earlier,noticed Montreal is the only Canadian team in the playoffs lol...I like the sound of that...

''The 2014 Montreal Canadiens where the only Canadian team in the playoffs and they went on to win the Stanley Cup.'' ;) ;P

Seriously though,Go Habs Go....

ESO looked pretty bad and I love The Elder Scrolls. I just have no interest in MMO's maybe this game could have changed that if there was no paywall, but the game looks to be lacking the soul that the main series has anyway. I'm desperate for an actual RPG on the next gen consoles, seems like Dragon Age III is the closest.

Also, let's go Red W--No, I just can't say it.

Top Bottom