• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2015 |OT| Dustin Brown, Dustin Bro--

Foggy

All the refs gonna hate the Hans in the playoffs now.

tumblr_mhglhvELjv1qa7gyjo7_250.gif

calder

Two Canadian matchup in the first round.

It'll be a miracle if the first thread makes it to game 4. Instead of a playoff team pool we should have a poster dead pool. I take cock boss first overall.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Kave learns to play hockey - Super Series edition: game 2

So before the game my teammates instructed me to immediately go and sharpen my skates as we had a 50% discount and I hadn't sharpened mine all season. As I told them I'm completely brand new I have no damn clue when I'm supposed to sharpen my skates. I sharpened them when I got them and didn't sharpen them again until today. So I went from December to now with the originally sharpening. That's 10 practices and 8 games.

So I got them sharpened 15 minutes before game time and boy did it make a difference lol. All my teammates agreed that today was probably my best game of the entire season. I was forechecking amazing, we had an amazing cycle at one point in the game where I think we kept it in their zone for close to 3 minutes just dumping it in and myself and the right winger just moving the puck along the boards. There was one moment I got the puck and had two guys on me and was still able to bully my way out from behind the net and find the right winger for what should have been a goal but the ref couldn't see it from his angle and ruled that the goalie saved it.

I picked up another assist as I do, so the point per game pace continues miraculously. I was even able to get 3-4 shots on net today which is a high for me. My best chance all game was I stole the puck off a defender in their zone had a breakaway but got hooked just as I was about to release and the puck went wide. But as you can tell from all this happiness we obviously won the game; final score was 5-2.

The most important news though is my team clinched our spot in the finals tomorrow. We still have one more game to go early tomorrow morning but we're the only team out of the 4 in the round robin with 2 wins. So far we've continued along the path we planned to since we all first met to kick ass and win this whole league. We're now just 2 games away.

So one more big update tomorrow with 2 games in it and that's it my beginner season will be over. Hopefully I come back to you all a champion.

Pogonip

Neo Member
Canucks finally reunited their all star line of McMillan-Vey-Dorsett

Thank the Oil for their help against the Kings with a season sweep :)

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Shootout loss. A perfect end.

iLLmAtlc

I just don't think Pittsburgh is as bad as their recent goal drought indicates. They were in control of pretty much all games possession wise but ended losing close games.

I certainly don't expect them to roll over even if there's no upset.

zroid

Banned
Kave learns to play hockey - Super Series edition: game 2

So before the game my teammates instructed me to immediately go and sharpen my skates as we had a 50% discount and I hadn't sharpened mine all season. As I told them I'm completely brand new I have no damn clue when I'm supposed to sharpen my skates. I sharpened them when I got them and didn't sharpen them again until today. So I went from December to now with the originally sharpening. That's 10 practices and 8 games.

So I got them sharpened 15 minutes before game time and boy did it make a difference lol. All my teammates agreed that today was probably my best game of the entire season. I was forechecking amazing, we had an amazing cycle at one point in the game where I think we kept it in their zone for close to 3 minutes just dumping it in and myself and the right winger just moving the puck along the boards. There was one moment I got the puck and had two guys on me and was still able to bully my way out from behind the net and find the right winger for what should have been a goal but the ref couldn't see it from his angle and ruled that the goalie saved it.

I picked up another assist as I do, so the point per game pace continues miraculously. I was even able to get 3-4 shots on net today which is a high for me. My best chance all game was I stole the puck off a defender in their zone had a breakaway but got hooked just as I was about to release and the puck went wide. But as you can tell from all this happiness we obviously won the game; final score was 5-2.

The most important news though is my team clinched our spot in the finals tomorrow. We still have one more game to go early tomorrow morning but we're the only team out of the 4 in the round robin with 2 wins. So far we've continued along the path we planned to since we all first met to kick ass and win this whole league. We're now just 2 games away.

So one more big update tomorrow with 2 games in it and that's it my beginner season will be over. Hopefully I come back to you all a champion.

yeah boi!

win this thing

ShaneB

After watching the first FF movie few days ago I decided to just jump to Fast Five, good times.

I see more playoff matchups taking shape. Glad to see the Bruins miss out! So many great first round series, very excited. Glad the Caps get the home ice advantage.

Top Bottom