• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2015 |OT| Dustin Brown, Dustin Bro--

Marvie_3

Banned
CBolSu9UkAAGNDO.jpg
If Quenneville's face gained 100lbs he would look like Trotz

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
3-0 for the Kings after 10mins hot damn the Oilers are really not trying anymore are they

Chris R

538's proposal to bring back sudden death overtime (3v3) and do away with the loser point makes too much sense.

zychi

Banned
Crow looking better and better lately. Hopefully he sheds the 4-goals a game problem he's had all year.

And so the beginning of the end for Winnipeg begins. Los Angeles is 3-0 up against Edmonton and will be facing the Oilers once more before the season is up. Meanwhile, Buff will only be back for the finale with Calgary.

Congrats on your Wild Card spot Los Angeles. I hope Anaheim curbstomps you in the first round.

trifelife

All you playoff bros are gonna need to step it up on the salt since I won't have a horse in the race. My services are available for the right price however.

Ten pounds of Haribo candy and RC will take you for a tug at his favourite parlor

Pretty good offer TBH

Chris R

I'd like to see Canada win the cup this year.

(Even more so since that means that det/min/chi/Pitt/bos won't win)

Just wanted to set the record straight with Dastardly on my behalf regarding tank talk:

It's mostly in jest. It actually sucks seeing my team be as terrible as they are right now. But in light of that, the silver lining of it all is at least the draft and the Leafs organization possibly being prompted to make changes. This season's been really deflating, especially after being in the playoffs just a couple of seasons ago - you'd think that would be a sign of improvement. Best way I can cope is to joke about it at least. Tankaku!

I'd like to think that the rest of us tank team fans are within that same mindset.

tumblr_mtrb2xG6MV1rbgu1so1_250.gif
tumblr_mtrb2xG6MV1rbgu1so2_250.gif

PS: At least we're not the Oilers.

giphy.gif

tumblr_md7235GDUH1rk1afjo1_500.gif

That's generally the vibe I got. Laughing at tragedy to help deal with reality. But it was after a few statistical analysis posts of lottery chances based the best outcome of a game where people were actively cheering for a loss was where things went a bit "OK, this is kind of depressing to see".

All more than likely brought to light recently following the emphasis of the whole recent Coyotes and Sabres games.

I can't wait til the regular season is over and your pain can be set free.

But in the mean time, hopefully there are a few enjoyable moments left in some games for all the bottom 5 teams. Whether it's a prospect kicking butt, or a long-term contract player padding some stats. Hell, even a rejuvenated last-minute hard-on for Bernier might do a world of good.

So have you guys heard about the Adam Gold draft lottery proposal?

It's a really inventive solution in my opinion, doesn't really have a significant downside that I can think of either.

If you're unaware, basically it proposes that the draft order should be determined by how many points a team obtains after it has been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. That is, the more points you earn, the earlier you pick. In theory it works because the crappier teams get eliminated sooner so they have more games left to earn points toward a higher draft pick. But fans and management still can't outright get on #TankNation since they need to be good enough to actually win games down the stretch. Plus it's a lot more fun for fans than hoping their team loses.

Damn, this is a good idea.

What's wrong with anime fans? Also, I guess sexiness is a bad thing now? If you played the game and she popped up, would she offend you and stop playing?

Stupid over the top boobs make me cringe. One of the biggest issues with every single anime-based game.

Hell, I sold Dragon Crown after 3 hours play because every female character needing to have comically large boobs got real old real quickly.

Calamari41

41 > 38
If the Kings beat the Loilers by more than 5-1, it scientifically proves that they're better than the Ducks and thus it guarantees another cup. Shit.

Kopitar owns a golden doodle? Now I'm all conflicted.

Man, I love hockey but that's a final I wouldn't tune into.

Gustl is great, Kopi brings him everywhere down here, I've even seen him sitting at in-n-out with him just hangin out haha

I have a golden doodle too but he must be a miniature poodle mix because he's a little guy

Calamari41

41 > 38
Gustl is great, Kopi brings him everywhere down here, I've even seen him sitting at in-n-out with him just hangin out haha

I have a golden doodle too but he must be a miniature poodle mix because he's a little guy

A little golden doodle will definitely be my next dog. Did you have to get yours from a breeder? They're so rare at rescues here.

Top Bottom