• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2015 |OT| Dustin Brown, Dustin Bro--

Syrinx

The good news is even if they somehow pass the Canes (who have to face BUF, PHI, and twice a slumping DET), that leaves only a 37% chance of actually drafting 6th.

so of course it will happen. fuck.

No, you'll still pick fifth.

Because we'll win the draft lottery after just barely claiming the spot you've held onto for weeks.

ZeroGravity

If the playoffs started today:

playoffstoday75sq6.png
Fuck this. Detroit better get their act together.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Well I guess the Habs have no shot at President trophy with their performance in last few games. I think they will win out the season, but that will get them 110 points and in order for that to be enough means that all of the following would have to happen...

The Ducks lose at least one more game in regulation
The Rangers lose 3 of the last 4 games in regulation
The Blues lose 2 of the last 3 games in regulation
The Preds lose 1 of the last 2 game sin regulation

So not happening. They have a good shot at the Conference though (Depends on Rangers).

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Sens having this epic drive to 9th to ruin their draft pick brings me immense joy.

Habs getting knocked out in the first round will bring me immense joy :mad:

Worse draft pick than the Sens with the misery of losing in the playoffs

No Creeper I want Strome D:
I will settle for Barzal
But I really want Strome D:

I'm just afraid of #6 because its prime Lawson Crouse area D:

shaddap we tanked too damn hard not to get a top 5 pick! D:

it's emotionally taxing man
:(
I know Leafs :(. Let's just hope you rebuild right this time that's the main thing.
Well I guess the Habs have no shot at President trophy with their performance in last few games. I think they will win out the season, but that will get them 110 points and in order for that to be enough means that all of the following would have to happen...

The Ducks lose at least one more game in regulation
The Rangers lose 3 of the last 4 games in regulation
The Blues lose 2 of the last 3 games in regulation
The Preds lose 1 of the last 2 game sin regulation

So not happening. They have a good shot at the Conference though (Depends on Rangers).

Ehhh we don't need the President's Trophy Really. It would feel like a bigger target on our backs

Cake Boss

Banned
Sens suck drafting in the top 10 anyways. Our leading forward point getter is a former 6th round pick and our leading goal scorer is a 5th round pick. Both rookies.

Their last top 10 picks were Cowen, Brian Lee and Zibenejad (whos the only good pick)

Top 20 picks have had Karlsson, Ceci and Lazar etc

Give me Travis Koneckny and I am good, I am still happy with this drive as it shows that young kids are developing well and contributing early in their careers (Stone, Hoffman, Pageau, Ceci, Weirdcock, Zibby, etc)

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I've said it before and I'll say it again: the NHL needs to start going after the coaches when this shit happens.
Or you could just give players meaningful suspensions, including playoff games. I guarantee you Shaw doesn't do that if he knows he might miss one or two rounds for it.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Or you could just give players meaningful suspensions, including playoff games. I guarantee you Shaw doesn't do that if he knows he might miss one or two rounds for it.

That works too. But then you have a situation where a guy like Sutter tells some nobody on the fourth line to start shattering kneecaps instead of Dustin Brown.

Quick

Banned
That works too. But then you have a situation where a guy like Sutter tells some nobody on the fourth line to start shattering kneecaps instead of Dustin Brown.

I don't doubt that there's internal compensations for shit like that anyway.

"Hey, you're going to blast this guy's kneecaps, the NHL's probably going to hit you with a suspension for x amount of games and salary lost. We'll cover you under the table for the salary and you can take a quick vacation."

Calamari41

41 > 38
I don't doubt that there's internal compensations for shit like that anyway.

"Hey, you're going to blast this guy's kneecaps, the NHL's probably going to hit you with a suspension for x amount of games and salary lost. We'll cover you under the table for the salary and you can take a quick vacation."

Exactly, which is why they need to go after the head coach.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Meaningful fines. Really every area in disciplining this shit needs to be stepped way up.
This too. Fine caps of $5k for guys who are making multiple millions per year is laughable. How is it suppose to be a deterrent when you're penalizing a guy less than 1% of his income?

ShaneB

SHANE, SZABI, RELIX, THAT NEW CAPS GUY

WE GOING TO THE 'YOFFS!

ovi.gif

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Fuck yeah. Now to hope for a potential favourable matchup.

And yes, that Shaw hit is ludicrous. Echoing the statements on penalties and fines need to be much more severe.

edit: Finished watching the first Fast and Furious movie... ehhhhh. It was alright I guess. Can I just skip to 5?

Calamari41

41 > 38
So a thought exercise. Stoll knocks Vlasic out of the playoffs last year while the Kings are down 3 games to 0. Instead of nothing happening, Stoll and Sutter both sit out the rest of the first round, and Stoll is hit with a massive fine... Say hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Do the Kings go on to win the Cup? Do they pull that bullshit again?

So a thought exercise. Stoll knocks Vlasic out of the playoffs last year while the Kings are down 3 games to 0. Instead of nothing happening, Stoll and Sutter both sit out the rest of the first round, and Stoll is hit with a massive fine... Say hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Do the Kings go on to win the Cup? Do they pull that bullshit again?

I think the coach should probably get fined as well. And both should have to face the media.
As far as it preventing future incidents I mean I would HOPE that would be enough of a deterrent but who fucking knows.

Silexx

Sens suck drafting in the top 10 anyways. Our leading forward point getter is a former 6th round pick and our leading goal scorer is a 5th round pick. Both rookies.

Their last top 10 picks were Cowen, Brian Lee and Zibenejad (whos the only good pick)

Top 20 picks have had Karlsson, Ceci and Lazar etc

Give me Travis Koneckny and I am good, I am still happy with this drive as it shows that young kids are developing well and contributing early in their careers (Stone, Hoffman, Pageau, Ceci, Weirdcock, Zibby, etc)

Murray didn't draft Lee.

Top Bottom