• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2016 |OT| Misery's End

Montresor

I'm glad that goal wasn't overturned. Markstrom's glove was definitely interfered with but only for a split second and it had no discernable impact on Markstrom's ability to make the save.

If the Jets win in overtime, Anaheim can decide if they want San Jose or Nashville tomorrow. Do they play their full lineup or rest folks?

I think Vatanen is still out, Rakell has appendicitis, Andersen barely back from a concussion, Stoner has an injury, Bieksa a little hurt too.

Oh, Jets Power Play. Interesting. I don't see how that wasn't a penalty on the Jets. Lol

calder

Whew! Couldn't get more honorable than that.

Now do your job Pavelec and shit this shootout point away like you always do

Calamari41

41 > 38
If the Jets win in overtime, Anaheim can decide if they want San Jose or Nashville tomorrow. Do they play their full lineup or rest folks?

I think Vatanen is still out, Rakell has appendicitis, Andersen barely back from a concussion, Stoner has an injury, Bieksa a little hurt too.

Oh, Jets Power Play. Interesting. I don't see how that wasn't a penalty on the Jets. Lol

We're definitely resting anyone close to hurt

Socreges

Banned
Nice save by Talbot. Robbed the Sedinery

I'm glad that goal wasn't overturned. Markstrom's glove was definitely interfered with but only for a split second and it had no discernable impact on Markstrom's ability to make the save.
I don't particularly care either way, but a split second before he had to face a shot he has his glove and skate bumped... not enough recovery time, so I would have assumed they'd not allow that.

calder

God dammit Scheifele you beautiful bastard.

Fuck me Jets sweep California. Lmao four game winning streak to end the season what a joke.

We're definitely resting anyone close to hurt

Anaheim didn't even fly out some of their players.

Well, I feel bad for Calder. Jets sweeping the state of hockey when they should have been looking towards the draft positioning.

If San Jose faces the Kings, I hope they just sweep them get their revenge.

Erdrick

Ah well. Season is over. Lousy for pretty much all of it but at least they ended playing pretty decently. Bring on the draft and hope they play much better next season.

Acid08

Banned
Anaheim didn't even fly out some of their players.

Well, I feel bad for Calder. Jets sweeping the state of hockey when they should have been looking towards the draft positioning.

If San Jose faces the Kings, I hope they just sweep them get their revenge.

I hope we play the Ducks. I want to have fun with all my good Ducks-Age friends.

Socreges

Banned
When's the last time a team with so few points (87) made the playoffs? Shortened seasons not included. Probably an unprecedented amount of teams with 70-89 points, too.

Socreges

Banned
Could have sworn 87 was a smaller number than 88 but tbh when you get that high up how can one be sure

OK I see now you thought I meant ballpark but I actually think 87 is the fewest points in many years.

eyeless

the jets

haven't won a playoff game in 20 years

haven't won a playoff series in 29 years

25h place in the nhl

worse record than the marleafs since nov. 1

winners

high above us all

looking down with well earned arrogance

at the losers

Razorskin

----- ------
4ZDurYI.jpg

That Leafs/Jets cup matchup can hopefully attain Canucks/Flames level salt.

I've never been a proponent of tanking. Leave that to loser teams like the Leafs. It's ironic that the Jets played some of their best hockey at the end of the year, when it didin't matter.

So you missed that Kave (EDIT: Kuro, actually, not Kave.) and Quick said the same thing about the Jets prior? "FUCK DA JETS" or something similar before I even posted about the game? Nice.

I was at the Jets game tonight and have just gotten home now and thus I shall respond to such accusations with:

Are you Mike Works?

I'm not sorry that my opinion forced you and some other Leaf fans to resort to bashing my city, it just shows how little you have to argue with in regards to an actual team. Ok, I'll go full Soc on you and post a bible of stuff to get up to your level of "Discourse".

The fact is that the Winnipeg Jets fucking thrashed (Ha!) your team tonight. Your team, who spent FIFTY FUCKING MILLION DOLLARS on a coach, not to mention recruiting a bunch of other notable front office guys this past summer, but basically did nil to improve the on-ice product. You shipped off one of the only decent talents that you even had for basically nothing. You're left with a Captain who is more notable for his bad contract than any type of play that he does, a goalie situation that is schizophrenic, A supposed future hall of famer (If the Toronto Globe & Mail is to be believed) in Nazem Kadri (Who bounced off Myers quite nicely tonight, I might add.) and the rest of a team who has the identity of Rob Ford at 4am on a Saturday night.

BUT BUT BUT REBUILD!

Sure, I've been hearing this for years from fucking Sportsnet, TSN and CBC. Saying how much depth (Where's Manics and Forza these days?) they have and whatever. Reimer is the goalie of the futu- oh wait, he's gonna be traded to Winnipeg for no other reason other than he's from Manitoba, never mind that he's no better than Pavelec, so why the fuck would we even trade for someone of the same mediocrity? Bernier? Well, that was top news today of him being demoted. Sure loved all the media going on and on and on about that piece of non-news. Sparks? lol ok, He shut out Edmonton. Plan the parade. The Jets exposed him as yet another average goalie in the Leafs system.

Christ, your team doesn't even have anyone who could fight with our tough guys, Thorburn or Peluso, so Peluso was so bored he scored his first goal in ages against you? Maybe Phaneuf could have tried to fight Ladd again but he would have just embarrassed himself further with his joke of a team.

You want to talk playoff appearances? Sure, you've had more recently, and we never have won a game with this new franchise yet, but our games were close and entertaining. Your husk of a team was up FOUR TO ONE and fucked it up in the most colossal failure possible for them. I'd sooner have some close games and lose like we did than how you guys blew up. Never mind that the Leafs haven't been a playoff relative team in my eyes since 1993. That was the last time they had any chance of winning the Cup, and guess what? The better Canadian original six team won in the end anyway.

The Leafs and their bunch of fans who have resigned themselves to losing are nothing more than the dregs of sport fandom. How the hell can you cheer for your team to LOSE? It's absolutely pathetic.

THE TANK! (Nice Avatar, BTW.)

lol

I'm not delusional, I know it will take time for the Jets to improve, but that's been the goal all along since we got the team here, 5 years ago. You don't see us losing on purpose to get a better draft pick. We've drafted superbly in the past 5 years (Scheifele, Trouba, Morrisey, Ehlers, and Connor) and the mentioned players there have become or will likely all be solid players in the NHL in the years to come. Not to mention, our future goalies like Connor Hellebuyck (You may have heard of him, he's beaten a couple of NHL teams already. Well, ONE NHL team. The other one was more of an AHL squad.)

The point is this:

The Winnipeg Jets will win a Stanley Cup before the Toronto Maple Leafs do. I'm not giving any time frame, just that we will win one long before Toronto will.

But please, continue to attack my city, myself personally, and call me a dipshit. I can understand, being a Leafs fan, you're used to continual mediocrity, and are touchy when someone questions the direction of your allmighty franchise. Because I sure as hell know that you don't have the on-ice product to keep you occupied.

IN OTHER NEWS:

I met Dale Hawerchuk today, and he was awesome. One of my childhood heroes from the original Jets and a true class act. I wish they never traded him to Buffalo. (Any Buffalo fans have any memories of him after he came there?)

One more for good measure.

Top Bottom