• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2013 |OT| I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas

wcVhezp.jpg

Women's hockey got heated.

Jesus christ. I hope he's doing alright
Getting back to "normal" thankfully memory was barely effected and speech came back fairly quickly. Fine motor in the left side is likely gone, major movements are there (like he can grip your hand but doesn't know hard he's holding and can't point without the arm shaking to get there). Other side is fine and recovered quickly. All in all it is getting back to normal after a surreal 8-9 weeks.

That's all I'll say on that.

Heretic

Getting back to "normal" thankfully memory was barely effected and speech came back fairly quickly. Fine motor in the left side is likely gone, major movements are there (like he can grip your hand but doesn't know hard he's holding and can't point without the arm shaking to get there). Other side is fine and recovered quickly. All in all it is getting back to normal after a surreal 8-9 weeks.

:(

Fuck, that is terrible. I'm glad that you were able to be with him through this. I can only imagine how tough that would be for him and your family. Just hang in there

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member

That's good to hear, my dad also had a stroke over a year ago and... was no where near as lucky.

Best wishes on a further recovery.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus

Good looking out. Best of luck to you and your family.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Hoping for speedy recovery

Socreges

Banned

Acid08

Banned
Brown's a dickhead. There's no disputing that.

Still, he's not wrong in that interview. You can tell there was zero malice or intention with that collision. It was just reckless. He was going for the hit, Hertl gets rid of the puck, and there's a nasty collision.
Malice or not, it was a bad hit. He even says himself that the check was going to be illegal either way. The outcome of that situation is 100% on him. He could potentially fuck up a rookie's skating ability for who knows how long depending on how severe the injury actually is, seen this shit before with Michalek and Cheechoo. But he sits there and smirks while dodging any blame that could be placed on him.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Shinkaruk cut from Team Canada :( That injury really fucked him over. He'd have been a sure bet otherwise. :/ Hope he recovers... Probably gonna get another season in Juniors next season then too, and not called up to the Canucks. Might've gotten a chance if he hadn't gotten injured and had a proper season.

So who saw the World Juniors Canada game yesterday?

Dumba scored a goal(yay) but I heard he otherwise played badly. Any truth to it?

And if it is, I'm not surprised. The guy hasn't played in about a month. Why keep him in the NHL if he's not going to play?

Yeo frustrates me so much sometimes. I would be more than okay to see him go after the holiday break. January 1st bring in the new coach ( *fingers crossed Laviolette* ) and start the new year on a new foot.

Cake Boss

Banned
Dennis Bernstein ‏@DennisTFP 19 Dec
@faceto27 not gonna mislead people, Frankie. Just hearing when deal gets done in OTT, won't be small.
Retweeted by SensChirp

:OOOO

we are going to get fleeeeeccceeddd!!

Top Bottom