• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2013 |OT| I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Oh man what a terrible goal to give up. Howard is awful.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'd like to point out that the Canucks are 10-1-1 in, to quote Tabris, DECEMBER.

For as much crap as we like to give him, he was right this time.

Smiley90

THIS IS WHY YOU WEAR VISORS

Hope it didn't hit Bieksa's eye :/

More Corrado it is! We already have three defensemen injured, who cares.

Smiley90

i dont like where he was putting his fingers when he was checking for damage...

I know... his nose wasn't bleeding. Then he took off a HEAVILY bloody finger that came from his left eye. :/ Hope it's just the brow/underneath the eye and didn't hit the eye though. But definitely didn't look good and like quite a bit of blood.

Smiley90

The Flyers have won 12 of their last 13 games IN VANCOUVER? What the fuck is up with that?

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
That game was on Howard. Fucking moron can't stop anything. Wings have to score at least 4 when he's in net just to be competitive. It's a joke.

This team is still a complete joke, can't believe I decided to tune in for the third period, doubt I'll make it all the way through the Winter Classic. First soft goal Howard let's in and I'm probably off to go to stick and puck at the rink. Would rather actually be playing hockey than watch Detroit choke themselves to death.

Curufinwe

Glad to see that Bieska is OK after that puck jumped right into his eye. Also glad that Simmonds and Grossmann are the only core players on the Flyers foolhardy enough to not wear a visor.

pringles

This team is still a complete joke, can't believe I decided to tune in for the third period, doubt I'll make it all the way through the Winter Classic. First soft goal Howard let's in and I'm probably off to go to stick and puck at the rink. Would rather actually be playing hockey than watch Detroit choke themselves to death.
Pretty sure Gustavsson will get the WC start...

Howard was atrocious tonight. My God he has regressed so badly this year.

He does tend to come back from injuries way too soon, but his play was horrible long before that. Anyone making excuses for him at this point is kidding themselves.

Another Detroit sports figure destroyed after (by?) a big contract.

Hey gang, Spuds McFuckstick here, this timezone is just about to head into the "We're gonna get loose* and shout at cunts**" phase of the evening...

But before it does I wanted to say a big thanks to everybody in here for a great 2013 in this thread. We've laughed, we've cried, I finally got banned, Marvie finally lit the lamp, Ducks-age grew with some great new members and overall the thread has seen an increase in quality members over the past year.

Personally I'm sure we've all had different years entirely. Mine was a HUGE significant upgrade over 2012, which I can say without a hint of irony was *literally* the worst year of my life. Melbourne is a fantastic city and I'm glad I moved here. Creating a solid foundation and life was all I was dedicated to doing this year, and I've pretty much done that. Started training in MMA and am looking at competing by the end of next year as well as continuing a rigorous training schedule and a trip to Thailand for 2 weeks to train with some Aussie UFC fighters. This year had also had some hardships though. I got diagnosed with clinical depression after I tried to kill myself by jumping in front of a car back in July. A bit of therapy and some medication and I've kicked it's ass though. Looking forward to getting off the meds next year though. Thankfully that's the worst that happened, and if that's the worst that happened then I consider myself pretty god damn lucky and fortunate. Hell, even existing in general in a first world in 2013 with clean water, freedom, healthcare and Cool Things™ is just some serious Good Shit™.

In general we've seen some kickass hockey, and some terrible stupid shit. This years EA NHL title was lackluster. Nothing new I guess. But overall my love for the sport hasn't diminished one bit. I still love hockey as much as I did when I first laid my eyes on Giggy in the teal and white.

So without naming any particular names; a big thanks to all those who contributed in really positive and meaningful ways to my life in either significant or Timbits sized ways.

I wish you all the best in 2014 and a happy fuckin' new year.

*respectfully drink rum and beer
**yell politely in cheerful celebration at nothing or nobody in particular

Hey gang, Spuds McFuckstick here, this timezone is just about to head into the "We're gonna get loose* and shout at cunts**" phase of the evening...

But before it does I wanted to say a big thanks to everybody in here for a great 2013 in this thread. We've laughed, we've cried, I finally got banned, Marvie finally lit the lamp, Ducks-age grew with some great new members and overall the thread has seen an increase in quality members over the past year.

Personally I'm sure we've all had different years entirely. Mine was a HUGE significant upgrade over 2012, which I can say without a hint of irony was *literally* the worst year of my life. Melbourne is a fantastic city and I'm glad I moved here. Creating a solid foundation and life was all I was dedicated to doing this year, and I've pretty much done that. Started training in MMA and am looking at competing by the end of next year as well as continuing a rigorous training schedule and a trip to Thailand for 2 weeks to train with some Aussie UFC fighters. This year had also had some hardships though. I got diagnosed with clinical depression after I tried to kill myself by jumping in front of a car back in July. A bit of therapy and some medication and I've kicked it's ass though. Looking forward to getting off the meds next year though. Thankfully that's the worst that happened, and if that's the worst that happened then I consider myself pretty god damn lucky and fortunate. Hell, even existing in general in a first world in 2013 with clean water, freedom, healthcare and Cool Things™ is just some serious Good Shit™.

In general we've seen some kickass hockey, and some terrible stupid shit. This years EA NHL title was lackluster. Nothing new I guess. But overall my love for the sport hasn't diminished one bit. I still love hockey as much as I did when I first laid my eyes on Giggy in the teal and white.

So without naming any particular names; a big thanks to all those who contributed in really positive and meaningful ways to my life in either significant or Timbits sized ways.

Cheers, dude.

Enjoy your night.

Smiley90

You do realize December has 31 days, right? Or are you just.... nvm. 3pm. That's early enough to get shitfaced.

Already knew some of this from the other thread, but.... -fistbump- May 2014 only get better. God knows we need it.

Top Bottom