• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2013 |OT| I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas

Quick

Banned
Hey gang, Spuds McFuckstick here, this timezone is just about to head into the "We're gonna get loose* and shout at cunts**" phase of the evening...

But before it does I wanted to say a big thanks to everybody in here for a great 2013 in this thread. We've laughed, we've cried, I finally got banned, Marvie finally lit the lamp, Ducks-age grew with some great new members and overall the thread has seen an increase in quality members over the past year.

Personally I'm sure we've all had different years entirely. Mine was a HUGE significant upgrade over 2012, which I can say without a hint of irony was *literally* the worst year of my life. Melbourne is a fantastic city and I'm glad I moved here. Creating a solid foundation and life was all I was dedicated to doing this year, and I've pretty much done that. Started training in MMA and am looking at competing by the end of next year as well as continuing a rigorous training schedule and a trip to Thailand for 2 weeks to train with some Aussie UFC fighters. This year had also had some hardships though. I got diagnosed with clinical depression after I tried to kill myself by jumping in front of a car back in July. A bit of therapy and some medication and I've kicked it's ass though. Looking forward to getting off the meds next year though. Thankfully that's the worst that happened, and if that's the worst that happened then I consider myself pretty god damn lucky and fortunate. Hell, even existing in general in a first world in 2013 with clean water, freedom, healthcare and Cool Things™ is just some serious Good Shit™.

In general we've seen some kickass hockey, and some terrible stupid shit. This years EA NHL title was lackluster. Nothing new I guess. But overall my love for the sport hasn't diminished one bit. I still love hockey as much as I did when I first laid my eyes on Giggy in the teal and white.

So without naming any particular names; a big thanks to all those who contributed in really positive and meaningful ways to my life in either significant or Timbits sized ways.

I wish you all the best in 2014 and a happy fuckin' new year.

*respectfully drink rum and beer
**yell politely in cheerful celebration at nothing or nobody in particular

Baby-monkey-wants-mom-hug.gif

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
"We go as far as Jimmy Howard takes us."
-Mike Babcock (after Howard was already playing shitty)

Don't hold your breath.

Yeah, that will be a miracle, of course it probably doesn't matter who starts since we'll lose anyways because the rest of the team is so inconsistent.

Pretty sure Gustavsson will get the WC start...

Red Wings beat writers confirmed Babcock said Howard is getting the start at he WC.

Not enough LOLs in the world.

Hey gang, Spuds McFuckstick here, this timezone is just about to head into the "We're gonna get loose* and shout at cunts**" phase of the evening...

But before it does I wanted to say a big thanks to everybody in here for a great 2013 in this thread. We've laughed, we've cried, I finally got banned, Marvie finally lit the lamp, Ducks-age grew with some great new members and overall the thread has seen an increase in quality members over the past year.

Personally I'm sure we've all had different years entirely. Mine was a HUGE significant upgrade over 2012, which I can say without a hint of irony was *literally* the worst year of my life. Melbourne is a fantastic city and I'm glad I moved here. Creating a solid foundation and life was all I was dedicated to doing this year, and I've pretty much done that. Started training in MMA and am looking at competing by the end of next year as well as continuing a rigorous training schedule and a trip to Thailand for 2 weeks to train with some Aussie UFC fighters. This year had also had some hardships though. I got diagnosed with clinical depression after I tried to kill myself by jumping in front of a car back in July. A bit of therapy and some medication and I've kicked it's ass though. Looking forward to getting off the meds next year though. Thankfully that's the worst that happened, and if that's the worst that happened then I consider myself pretty god damn lucky and fortunate. Hell, even existing in general in a first world in 2013 with clean water, freedom, healthcare and Cool Things™ is just some serious Good Shit™.

In general we've seen some kickass hockey, and some terrible stupid shit. This years EA NHL title was lackluster. Nothing new I guess. But overall my love for the sport hasn't diminished one bit. I still love hockey as much as I did when I first laid my eyes on Giggy in the teal and white.

So without naming any particular names; a big thanks to all those who contributed in really positive and meaningful ways to my life in either significant or Timbits sized ways.

Change of scenery (and more importantly place of employment) made all the difference for me this year. So glad to be done with that dead end daily grind. Grass is greener than a Dallas jersey.

Cheers m8.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
OMG SEDINERY ALL OVER MY FACE

Meszaros looked brutally lost on that play :lol he just stumbled around

Unknown_Who_Dat_Footage.gif

<3

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Goddamnit Giroux, that wasn't supposed to happen. No idea how he even got a shot off there, fuck.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I might need to see a doctor because this boner is going to last for longer than 4 hours, that's how sexy that goal was.

Socreges

Banned
I'd like to point out that the Canucks are 10-1-1 in, to quote Tabris, DECEMBER.

For as much crap as we like to give him, he was right this time.
I said the Canucks would lose to the Wild, ending the streak. He responded "DECEMBER". The Canucks lost.

For the odd time that he's right, he still finds ways to cancel it out.

Top Bottom