• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2013 |OT| I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas

TUSR

Banned
just watched the antonio story for paul walker

heart breaking stuff.
7 fire extinguishers and they couldnt control the flames and couldnt get him out.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
just watched the antonio story for paul walker

heart breaking stuff.
7 fire extinguishers and they couldnt control the flames and couldnt get him out.

He probably died at impact. That's what I choose to believe.

This...this right here is why hfboards is absolutely atrocious so many times. This is all from the same guy talking about Roussel's celebration last night after the penalty shot. Guy in question's posts are in quotes.
_______
what do you guys think of an opposing player taunting the fans? i say its an unsportsman like conduct penalty. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...7126--nhl.html
(Guy replies "I love it")
you would. , if players are allowed to taunt then i should be allowed to throw my beer at them. fair is fair right?
(someone replies saying this idiot is overreacting)
i repeat, its UNSPORTSMAN LIKE CONDUCT! he should be penalized or punched.
(Post saying if the player isn't flipping the bird or specifically calling out fans, its okay)
what a joke, after every goal we should watch the enemy taunt the fans, you people are nuts!
(Longer post basically saying dummy's overreacting)
man the younger generation doesnt get it. how about this, if the enemy can taunt me i should be able to sit in the stands next to you and any young children & swear like a drunkin sailor at the players or ref and dont you flap your gum at me? sound fair?
(Post saying he's overreacting again)
wouldnt a no rules society be just perfect, everybody would do the right thing. ever read lord of the flys?

Where do these people come from? What the hell?

Stasis

Oh, this is probably no big surprise, but Lundqvist's contract has a full No Move clause.

It probably came with a few other fun things. Maybe a new Maserati.

You ever been to Tiny's? I grew up in Greenwich and my dad's still there. I kinda feel like walking over there in the Summer to see what it's like. Take my gf through Soho and then magically walk in right as Henke arrives and the place is empty, so he just sits down and chats with us for an hour or two. And then I wake up.

/mancrush

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

You ever been to Tiny's? I grew up in Greenwich and my dad's still there. I kinda feel like walking over there in the Summer to see what it's like. Take my gf through Soho and then magically walk in right as Henke arrives and the place is empty, so he just sits down and chats with us for an hour or two. And then I wake up.

/mancrush

I haven't, though I've heard pretty good things. Maybe I'll talk the gf into heading down there some time.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Budaj's new mask he's debuting tonight:

Bap6w2_CYAASG1i.jpg:large

Lowry the gungnir and Zod the bear = best of Nordagh.

I miss that game.
Holy shit, I didn't realize your name was a reference to that game until now. One of my all time favourites, I don't know anyone else who played it.

Red_Man

The funniest thing about Carlyle / Leafs is he keeps saying how he wants them to become a possession team, but you just don't magically become one over night by saying so. You need the right players, the right coaches, the right philosophies, etc. Right now Leafs are built as a run and gun team.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, we are higher than the Leafs right now!
Oh crazed you sumbitch!
The funniest thing about Carlyle / Leafs is he keeps saying how he wants them to become a possession team, but you just don't magically become one over night by saying so. You need the right players, the right coaches, the right philosophies, etc. Right now Leafs are built as a run and gun team.
But Soc told me not to blame the coach! D:

Sigh...Carlyle should be embarrassed another coach is able to recognize this better than him. He is coaching this team for hell's sake!

The Leafs are not Pittsburgh with their offence, not Boston with their defence, not San Jose with their balanced and aggressive attack, and not Vancouver with the cycle.

We are not a possession team and he has to change his ways or Nonis has to change the players.

Or the 18 wheeler will keep tumbling.

Quick

Banned
Every time TSN debates Subban and Team Canada it drives me crazy.

I'm just waiting on the day someone who argues against him (on any network) flat out says what they probably are avoiding, but thinking anyway: he's too black.

I'm not even joking. Any discussion about Subban, Team Canada discussion or general ones, the opposing opinions against him usually contain some shit about his temperament, attitude, how he conducts himself, etc. and I'm just translating that as "he's just too black for Team Canada."

Or, maybe I'm too quick to use the race card.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Eh there were doubters that he'd win the Norris but I pegged him as the fave.

He might get the majority of his points on the pp but he was definitely one of the best last year. Karlsson may have repeated had Cooke not dirtied him up

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm just waiting on the day someone who argues against him (on any network) flat out says what they probably are avoiding, but thinking anyway: he's too black.

I'm not even joking. Any discussion about Subban, Team Canada discussion or general ones, the opposing opinions against him usually contain some shit about his temperament, attitude, how he conducts himself, etc. and I'm just translating that as "he's just too black for Team Canada."

Nope that's how I see it as well.

Red_Man

Every time TSN debates Subban and Team Canada it drives me crazy.
I listen to the Montreal TSN radio crew quite a bit through out my days, and it's all they've been talking about for 2 months now. It's getting really tiring, and the fact that it's even a discussion at this point is ridiculous. My money is he pulls a Doughty, gets named to the team in a 7-8th spot and then moves up the lineup and is in the top 4 by the end.

I've thought this was a part of it for a long time.

Edit: Ferraro is on TSN radio weekly in Montreal, and for the past 2 months has been on the side of PK possibly making it, but yesterday said that with his recent play he doesn't see how they can ignore him anymore, and that there aren't any 8 defensemen better then him right now. So some guys are coming around, hopefully Yzerman and crew get there sooner then later.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Pang nailed it from the get go, :lol

Subban playing with other elite players could be amazing. If he is not on the team I will be really bitter.

/mancrush

Tiny's is right by my school. It's FANTASTIC food but expensive as hell, but that's TriBeCa for you.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I listen to the Montreal TSN radio crew quite a bit through out my days, and it's all they've been talking about for 2 months now. It's getting really tiring, and the fact that it's even a discussion at this point is ridiculous. My money is he pulls a Doughty, gets named to the team in a 7-8th spot and then moves up the lineup and is in the top 4 by the end.

I've thought this was a part of it for a long time.

Edit: Ferraro is on TSN radio weekly in Montreal, and for the past 2 months has been on the side of PK possibly making it, but yesterday said that with his recent play he doesn't see how they can ignore him anymore, and that there aren't any 8 defensemen better then him right now. So some guys are coming around, hopefully Yzerman and crew get there sooner then later.

Ward doesn't have him on the team, but that's not surprising.

Giordano is back in tonight, and we play the coyotes, we had damn well better win because if theres any team I hate losing to its the fucking coyotes.

Red_Man

Bourque out again with an injury, it's a shame because he's looked good to great whenever he's been fully healthy but he's always pushing through some injury.

Ward doesn't have him on the team, but that's not surprising.
Ward is an air head, he's just on the panel to add some personality.

Red_Man

What Canadian defensemen are slotted above Subban now? Weber, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Keith, Seabrook, and?
Bouwmeester, and Vlasic. I don't think Sebrook is. The only players on that list that should be ahead of him are Doughty, and Kieth.

Yzerman wants 3 lefties and 3 righties, and apparently Weber, Doughty, and Pietrangelo are all locks for the right side.

fallout

The only thing I can think of in addition to this is the fact that he's young. Historically, Team Canada has gone with less talented veterans over more talented youth. That said, they've done it in the past for a player of that calibre (e.g., Nash in 2006), so that can't be all of it.

Holiday

Banned
Bouwmeester, and Vlasic. I don't think Sebrook is. The only players on that list that should be ahead of him are Doughty, and Kieth.

Yzerman wants 3 lefties and 3 righties, and apparently Weber, Doughty, and Pietrangelo are all locks for the right side.

I see. Left/right is the only metric by which a sane person would take either of those two over Subban. I'd like to see him take Weber's spot.

I'm expecting Dan Boyle to make the team.

Somebody has to slew foot Semin!

I think it actually just comes from Subban's contract holdout. They probably think he's selfish and unreliable because he used his contractual leverage in a way that the NHL's leadership did not like.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I think it actually just comes from Subban's contract holdout. They probably think he's selfish and unreliable because he used his contractual leverage in a way that the NHL's leadership did not like.

Shea Weber signed an offer sheet to get the contract he wanted...

Top Bottom