• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2013 |OT| I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas

ZeroGravity

zfthyJh.jpg
We had fucking no one that could cover him. Our D is shit without Hedman.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Has it been posted here that Callahan is out 4-6 weels with a 2nd degree MCL sprain? Rangers not getting lucky with all these injuries

Nope. I saw that as I was getting on the subway.

Time to call J.T. Miller back after his nice 24 hour stint in Hartford.

And then time to make a trade.

Rangers are 0-2-1 a third of the way through this 9 game homestand.

The only teams in the NHL with worse records at home this season are the Edmonton Oilers and Buffalo Sabres. Just let that one sink in.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Nope. I saw that as I was getting on the subway.

Time to call J.T. Miller back after his nice 24 hour stint in Hartford.

And then time to make a trade.

Rangers are 0-2-1 a third of the way through this 9 game homestand.

The only teams in the NHL with worse records at home this season are the Edmonton Oilers and Buffalo Sabres. Just let that one sink in.
As long as they're in the Metro division, Rangers have a good chance at the playoffs. Gotta think that Lunqvist will find his game sooner then later.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
sc26q4g.jpg

That guy standing next to Letang is Jakob Chychrun. He's a defenseman. He's 15. FIFTEEN. Let that sink in for a bit. Projected to go 1st overall in the OHL draft. Imagine how that kid's gonna look and play like when he's NHL-draft eligible or in his mid-20's. oO

Sanjuro

Calgary fans are pathetic. Holding a pencil written sign saying "You Suck" next to an opposing player in the box. It's shit like this that should be outlawed in hockey.

At least come up with something clever like "You suck pEnis peniS Penis peNis".

sc26q4g.jpg

That guy standing next to Letang is Jakob Chychrun. He's a defenseman. He's 15. FIFTEEN. Let that sink in for a bit. Projected to go 1st overall in the OHL draft. Imagine how that kid's gonna look and play like when he's NHL-draft eligible or in his mid-20's. oO

What the actual fuck.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
sc26q4g.jpg

He looks like a grizzled veteran already.

Revenant

sc26q4g.jpg

fucking galactus getting ready to be drafted.......

sc26q4g.jpg

START THE TANK

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Let Fei have this one. Draft McDavid, then draft this kid, you have your 1C and 1D for the next 2 decades.

Holiday

Banned

tumblr_m2srjeOLdy1rr8bfao1_250.gif

Clydefrog

sc26q4g.jpg

yeah, right. maybe 15 in DOG YEARS

Sanjuro

sc26q4g.jpg

Leads the league in statutory rapes allowed.

Acid08

Banned
sc26q4g.jpg

Man, this kid probably is the go to for buying booze for his friends.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
As long as they're in the Metro division, Rangers have a good chance at the playoffs. Gotta think that Lunqvist will find his game sooner then later.

Lundqvist isn't really the problem. None of the goals tonight were on him. The only one he even had a chance on was a breakaway where he was flat out beaten just inside the post on a really nice move.

The biggest issue is that this team has no identity. It's not a skill-based team that's going to light you up with tremendous offense. It's not a hard-nosed grinding team that can wear you out on the forecheck all night long. It's not a defensive team that can dominate the zone, clear out the slot, and keep Lundqvist's crease clean. It's not a physical, fighting team that is going to beat you up and wear you down. It's...nothing. A general hodgepodge of mismatched pieces and nothing really holding it together.

Most of all, heart seems to be missing. The team just doesn't have the ability to step up and take command of a game. The only thing they can really hang their hat on as being relatively consistent is their penalty killing. Otherwise, this team's ability to win seems to be based almost entirely on whether or not they get lucky on any given night.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Lundqvist isn't really the problem. None of the goals tonight were on him. The only one he even had a chance on was a breakaway where he was flat out beaten just inside the post on a really nice move.

The biggest issue is that this team has no identity.
Brooks had a good article on how the Rangers still miss Prust:

http://nypost.com/2013/12/09/rangers-arent-the-same-since-brandon-prust-bolted/

Habs play like a different team with him in the lineup, seems like the Rangers could use a couple guys like him.

sc26q4g.jpg

I hope his voice is really high. Dude is huge

Brooks had a good article on how the Rangers still miss Prust:

http://nypost.com/2013/12/09/rangers-arent-the-same-since-brandon-prust-bolted/

Habs play like a different team with him in the lineup, seems like the Rangers could use a couple guys like him.

The guys they got from Columbus played pretty good last year.

I remember watching Brassard and Moore just dominate us in the playoffs last year.

Seems like they've regressed this year.

Girardi's also looked pretty bad.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Bruins drank their TheraFlu during the intermission

nasero

Getting tired of watching Marchand try this split the defense crap just to get knocked off the puck every... single.... time.

Top Bottom