• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2014 |OT| Clearsi is the only stat that matters

One star Yelp reviews of NHL arenas:

iwtTSnv.jpg

Yv5r94f.jpg

zyLg7yM.jpg

zLFC9PP.jpg

f5kbLaV.jpg

BgG41Os.png

If Hall actually become available, Pens need to go all in. Pouliot, Kapanen, 1sts, all that shit.

Josh Yohe ‏@JoshYohe_Trib
Marc-Andre Fleury's rankings among NHL starters: Shutouts 1st (5), GAA 3rd (2.10), Save percentage 4th (.927), Wins 2nd (17).

I'm just sayin', changing goalie coaches has done him a world of good.

Quick

Banned
Personally I couldn't care less with Washington hosting, especially since it's not on The Mall, then they are playing a non-rival. It's the most forced Winter Classic yet, the NHL shouldn't make promises to teams like that. Washington would have been interesting 5 years ago, not now.

The Mall? As in where the Smithsonian museums?

That probably would've been a more interesting/iconic location to host the games, but it's probably a nightmare getting everything set up.

The outdoor games lately have been huge Ls on the board. Sharks/Kings Stadium Series jerseys look like shit, no 24/7, outdoor game overload.

The NHL needs to market this shit better.

I can't wait to see the same C-/D-list celebrities show up for the Stadium Series.

The Mall? As in where the Smithsonian museums?

That probably would've been a more interesting/iconic location to host the games, but it's probably a nightmare getting everything set up.

The outdoor games lately have been huge Ls on the board. Sharks/Kings Stadium Series jerseys look like shit, no 24/7, outdoor game overload.

The NHL needs to market this shit better.

I can't wait to see the same C-/D-list celebrities show up for the Stadium Series.

Yeah the mall is the Capital Building down to the Lincoln Memorial. I have no idea how they would do it, but I can still complain! :p

No healthy eating options in a sports arena...Though I'm not surprised people here complained about that.

zroid

Banned
Apparently KHL might be in trouble next year. the Ruble is performing brutally atm. Could see a lot of the top-end talent bailing.

We have blimps that float around the Pepsi Center. I've always wanted to catch one of the slips of paper they drop down, well last year I went to a game versus Nashville and I finally got my wish. It was just a coupon for American Furniture Warehouse. :(

QnTWxi0.jpg

We have blimps that float around the Pepsi Center. I've always wanted to catch one of the slips of paper they drop down, well last year I went to a game versus Nashville and I finally got my wish. It was just a coupon for American Furniture Warehouse. :(

You should've rolled a blunt out of it.

Acid08

Banned

We used to have these too, they were Sharks blimps. I saw one run into a kids head as he was walking up to the seats. Everyone started laughing and the kid just looked like he would rather be hit by a train at that moment than be anywhere near the arena.

We used to have these too, they were Sharks blimps. I saw one run into a kids head as he was walking up to the seats. Everyone started laughing and the kid just looked like he would rather be hit by a train at that moment than be anywhere near the arena.

Just imagine if he had a Kings jersey on.

QnTWxi0.jpg

You should've rolled a blunt out of it.

:lol That Verizon one is great. Though I couldn't roll a blunt, as I was too busy high-fiving the usher.

I didn't even know there was a large shark hanging above the HP Pavilion. Interesting.

Then again, I've only been in the ACC and the steeply sloped First Niagara Center or whatever the Hell it's called now.

Calamari41

41 > 38

Dude, the one at the Pond drops coupons to Bruxie, a local OC place that does waffle sandwiches. It's amazing... And I'm lucky enough to have one like three blocks from my house. Though I think they stopped dropping them this year.

I didn't even know there was a large shark hanging above the HP Pavilion. Interesting.

Then again, I've only been in the ACC and the steeply sloped First Niagara Center or whatever the Hell it's called now.

It is just a big Shark head that they skate through at the opening.

20120816-tt-shark-head-blog-2.jpg

zroid

Banned

It means Bozak sucks at even strength. Season average corsi is the same as Holland's, but Holland is trending upward while Bozie is trending down. Kadri and Smith meanwhile are both way better (though Smith is obviously getting softer minutes with a smaller sample size so it's hard to compare).

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Been a while since I've posted in here.
The last time I posted a couple months ago, the Oilers were off to a slow start, but let's see how they're doing n OH GAWD NO WHAT THE FUCK NOT AGAIN ANOTHER REBUILD HURRICANES ARE GOING TO BEAT US AGAIN AND WIN CONNOR MCDAVID WHY WILL THIS NOT END

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Been a while since I've posted in here.
The last time I posted a couple months ago, the Oilers were off to a slow start, but let's see how they're doing n OH GAWD NO WHAT THE FUCK NOT AGAIN ANOTHER REBUILD HURRICANES ARE GOING TO BEAT US AGAIN AND WIN CONNOR MCDAVID WHY WILL THIS NOT END
You one of those who put this at Eakins' feet too? Dude never stood a chance there...

Oh, okay. I knew about that. Should've thought they'd just raise it.

Forgive me, I'm tired.

Again, you are right. They just hoist it straight up where it hangs up in the rafters.

Another Sharks game thing . . . after they score and the horn sounds, they play a clip of "Rock and Roll Part 2" to get everyone one to scream "HEY!". Here is the actual horn & clip. I like it because it is a catchy tune . . . but on the other hand, I'm always reminded that I'm screaming "Hey!" to the catchy-tune of a pedophile.

Thank God, now we're committing to the tank proper.

I dunno. I think Torrey Mitchell, #2 centerman, is about as committed to the tank as you can get.

Can't be much of a downgrade no matter who they slot up to replace him, Grigorenko, Foligno, or 4th line grinder Cody Hodgson...

Maybe we can you know.... win today. I'm sick of this "losing" we have been doing lately. At least Tampa is still losing also, of course Toronto will probably pass everyone, take 1st but then get swept in the first round.

yyzjohn

Banned
Maybe we can you know.... win today. I'm sick of this "losing" we have been doing lately. At least Tampa is still losing also, of course Toronto will probably pass everyone, take 1st but then get swept in the first round.

You mean pass everyone, take first and then lose 16 in a row down the stretch to miss the playoffs.

Top Bottom