• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2014 |OT| Clearsi is the only stat that matters

zroid

Banned
Are the Leafs actually bad? I never have the opportunity to watch any of their games, but I was impressed with what I saw last night (and I didn't even get to see the third period). The doom and gloom coming from Leafs-Gaf every night didn't prepare me for what I saw.

Since the 9-2 loss to Nashville (Nov 18), here's the top 10 PDO teams in the league:

iiZ1I1K.png

so yeah I'd say this is pretty unsustainable

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Are the Leafs actually bad? I never have the opportunity to watch any of their games, but I was impressed with what I saw last night (and I didn't even get to see the third period). The doom and gloom coming from Leafs-Gaf every night didn't prepare me for what I saw.

The Leafs are a somewhat unbalanced team with excellent forward talent, weak defense, and inconsistent but potentially solid goaltending. That combination can be really streaky.

Solo

Eller was practicing on the wing already, either him or DD will be moved to wing. No way Therrien can move AGally from C right now. That line is creating so much and the best offensive line we've had since Cole was playing with Patches & DD.

Has to be DD moved to the wing. Eller's garbage on the wing, meanwhile I don't think DD's game would be affected at all by being a winger.

Something like

Patches-AGally-BGally
Sekac-Pleks-PAP
DD-Eller-Bournival
Prust-Malhota-Weise

Ideally we'd trade DD, but can't win em all.

Stet

Banned

Someone (Quick) photoshop Kessel riding a giant bubble to explain our team.

Calamari41

41 > 38
The Leafs are a somewhat unbalanced team with excellent forward talent, weak defense, and inconsistent but potentially solid goaltending. That combination can be really streaky.

Given the Ducks' propensity for dumb turnovers, it isn't surprising then that the game went the way it did last night.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Out of the Rangers' 15 wins on the season, Rick Nash has points in 14 of them. The one he didn't get a point in? He scored the game-winning goal in the shootout. He has points in 24 of the Rangers' 29 games this season and is still currently on pace for the franchise record for goals in a season.

If he can keep it going, he could be in the conversation for the Hart by the end of the year. The Rick Nash of June feels like a pretty distant memory at this point.

zroid

Banned
Didn't the leafs have 2 10-1-1 streaks last season if I remember correctly?

Apparently there was a 11-2-1 run before the Olympics. things started to go off the rails after that. migh've been something similar earlier in the season too. they got off to a good start as everyone knows.

Sanjuro

Bruins need to make some kind of move. This is going to keep piling up, unless they are content with possibly crawling into the playoffs.

Krejci being injured is brutal to this team.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
AGally is only the 4th player in Canadiens history to score a hat trick before the age of 21. An insane stat considering the history of this team.

Has to be DD moved to the wing. Eller's garbage on the wing, meanwhile I don't think DD's game would be affected at all by being a winger.

Something like

Patches-AGally-BGally
Sekac-Pleks-PAP
DD-Eller-Bournival
Prust-Malhota-Weise

Ideally we'd trade DD, but can't win em all.
Yea, that's what I would go with as well, although I wouldn't mind switching Bournival with PAP just because he's such a good puck receiver and DD & PAP have looked decent together at times. Best we can do until DD is moved, send Ghetto back to the AHL so he can get decent minutes until a spot opens up for him via trade. Feels so good to have a legit first line with a legit center and 40 G scorer.

Sweet. Ten team deep dynasty league (25 roster spots) with two starting goalie slots so everyone basically carries 4 goalies. Id be trading Bernier, Nick Bjugstad, and Mike Richards for Ryan Miller and Gabriel Landeskog. Fair deal? I could use LAndeskog's hits.

zroid

Banned
Haven't seen him much outside the AHL, has he been actually performing for the Leafs?

Was great in pre-season, decent for a few real games, then he got injured

I don't think the Leafs want to let him go, there's just no room right now. Hoping he clears waivers.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just making of fun of comments from a while ago when Edmonton won four straight games against eastern teams early in the season. Same with Calgary, even though they I don't mind them and they have been competing hard in games.

Delryk

100% true.. the positive side in this is that goalies are young, most of the D is young and with experience comes consistency. Which end, good or bad (skill wise), will these players end up is somewhat unknown. Except for a player like Rielly. :p

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

I don't think the Leafs want to let him go, there's just no room right now. Hoping he clears waivers.

I'd much rather have him than Panik

First D'Amigo now Kozun....

Now let's hope no one is smart enough to claim him

Sweet. Ten team deep dynasty league (25 roster spots) with two starting goalie slots so everyone basically carries 4 goalies. Id be trading Bernier, Nick Bjugstad, and Mike Richards for Ryan Miller and Gabriel Landeskog. Fair deal? I could use LAndeskog's hits.

How many good years do you think Miller has left? Long term this is Bernier + Bjugstad for Landeskog and with Bjugstad trending upward I don't think a solid goaltender like Bernier is worth the extra hits. Looking at it from both sides, I know I'd be a lot more excited if I was the other guy.

As an aside, Bjugskog and Landestad would be amazing hockey names.

Delryk

yeah, he's the odd my out only because Smith is a centre...

Kozun deserves a real NHL shot though.. he's a guy that works hard and never quits on the puck. I do hope nobody picks him up though! Another good depth player to have on the team for sure.

How many good years do you think Miller has left? Long term this is Bernier + Bjugstad for Landeskog and with Bjugstad trending upward I don't think a solid goaltender like Bernier is worth the extra hits. Looking at it from both sides, I know I'd be a lot more excited if I was the other guy.

As an aside, Bjugskog and Landestad would be amazing hockey names.

Thanks for the advice. That was his offer to me so it kind of makes sense that it favours him. I'll see if I can tweak it.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
:(

what even happened to him? I saw him running off the ice but I have no idea how he got hurt.

yea good point... I guess Nonis thinks Ashton has a better chance of getting claimed since he's a big guy

Those thug, goon-ass Leafs players got to him.

I actually would like to see what happened too, if anybody has a clip or gif on them.

If I remember right that was after a chance where he dove to the ice and hit the boards, must've dislocated his shoulder upon impact or so :/ he was definitely holding his shoulder and ran straight for the locker room.

They're the best team of all time. Their fans are just humble

what even happened to him? I saw him running off the ice but I have no idea how he got hurt.

yea good point... I guess Nonis thinks Ashton has a better chance of getting claimed since he's a big guy

He took a hit from one leafs player, got up fine but then skated a bit and got hit awkwardly by Holland and got injured and went straight to the bench

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Palmieri just got checked... Wasn't even hard enough to push him off his skates

And for Ashton.... I don't think the leafs can do anything until he is done the substance abuse program

Top Bottom