• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2014 |OT| Clearsi is the only stat that matters

Solo

B5B0aOwIcAAguGS.jpg:large

Beauty.

Unfortunately, this.

If someone can give him playing time, I'm all for it. Sucks we can't send Ashton down instead because I think Kozun could break out.

Isn't Kozun like 5'8" or something?

Not like he has been lighting up the AHL either - he gets 50 points, which is cool, but not PPG. It's certainly possible he breaks out but I doubt he gets claimed.

zroid

Banned
Isn't Kozun like 5'8" or something?

Not like he has been lighting up the AHL either - he gets 50 points, which is cool, but not PPG. It's certainly possible he breaks out but I doubt he gets claimed.

Yeah he's cheap but I doubt any teams take a chance on a small guy with so little NHL experience. He showed a ton of promise in pre-season, but that's pre-season. I would like to see more, eventually.

Here's the full Story
http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/659978
The mumps virus is spreading throughout the NHL, and the Pittsburgh Penguins locker room currently appears to be at the center of it.

On the heels of Sidney Crosby and Beau Bennett being diagnosed with the viral infection, three more Penguins players have taken ill including goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury, defenseman Robert Bortuzzo, and defenseman Olli Maatta.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
OF COURSE maatta is one of them. Cancer, bone chip in shoulder, why not mumps too?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
AGally had more 5 on 5 goals in 32 mins than DD has had in the past 55 games. If Therrien moves him, he should be fired.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I hope we don't get the Mumps..

Also OT but :Fuck those cinemas that cancelled The Interview. I actually wanted to watch that movie, I guess i'll wait till dvd and rent it or something

The idea that there were going to actually be physical terrorist attacks at theaters is fucking preposterous.

Palmieri was hit twice in about 20 seconds, by the same Leaf player. Not dirty hits, though. And on the second, he got up favouring his shoulder.

Hopefully he's not hurt too bad.

Also: Please don't claim Kozun, rest of NHL.

zroid

Banned
a lot of the analytically inclined people are saying Kadri is showing, this year especially, he is already close to legit #1C calibre and projects to develop into one

pretty amazing, I definitely wouldn't have pegged that last season. I'm not drinking the kool-aid yet but it's looking good. He's certainly the Leafs' best centre by a mile anyway.

a lot of the analytically inclined people are saying Kadri is showing, this year especially, he is already close to legit #1C calibre and projects to develop into one

pretty amazing, I definitely wouldn't have pegged that last season. I'm not drinking the kool-aid yet but it's looking good. He's certainly the Leafs' best centre by a mile anyway.

Dreger: Nuh-uh.

Yawnier

Banned
Personally, I can't wait until Nonis trades Kadri and another one of our second rounders for a 3rd line plug like Lee Stempniak

I hope we don't get the Mumps..

Also OT but :Fuck those cinemas that cancelled The Interview. I actually wanted to watch that movie, I guess i'll wait till dvd and rent it or something

It's understandable even if it's seen as "letting the terrorists win": we still remember that theatre shooting 2 years ago, and after the lone-wolf event in Sydney, people are apprehensive about putting themselves in danger especially at this time of the year.

EDIT: And now Sony is not releasing the movie at all.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
It's understandable even if it's seen as "letting the terrorists win": we still remember that theatre shooting 2 years ago, and after the lone-wolf event in Sydney, people are apprehensive about putting themselves in danger especially at this time of the year.

EDIT: And now Sony is not releasing the movie at all.

Sony CaveStation

Pretty shitty situation all around.

Red_Man

Seems inevitable that Bournival is moved in a package deal, there's no real room for him on the team unless he's going to be a career 4th liner which he's too talented to be. No space for him in the top 9 with Hudon, Andrighetto, De La Rose, McCarron, etc all coming up.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Dude legitimately lost balance. Somehow. As a professional hockey player.

But if you've never ice skated before in your life, I can understand why the concept of looking like Bambi while losing balance unexpectedly on an ice surface is alien.

Seriously, that was far from a dive.

They bumped shoulders, leaned on each other, and Getzlaf came out of the collision with all of his weight on the dude who was no longer there. It's physics.

Dude legitimately lost balance. Somehow. As a professional hockey player.

But if you've never ice skated before in your life, I can understand why the concept of looking like Bambi while losing balance unexpectedly on an ice surface is alien.

I've skated and know all about losing one's balance on ice, but I feel that you're just defending him because you like him.

I just watched the video again, and it looks like a pretty egregious dive. Phaneuf didn't touch him that much, and it didn't look (to my tired eyes, at least) that there was contact to the legs.

You really don't think THIS is a dive?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4nWylGwvn4

Red_Man

Man, that new Kendrick song is fire. A million times better than "I". Going to have this one on repeat for a while.

Top Bottom