• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2014 |OT| Clearsi is the only stat that matters

but I feel that you're just defending him because you like him.

That is such a fucking cop out. I'm just as objective about our own players as I am the opposition.

Because you entertained that possibility, it's set a precedent for something I'm not willing to further engage you in.

Why would he wobble like that if he was going for a dive?

Exactly. You know how disheartening it feels, and how much pride hurts, when you fall on the ice while looking stupid while doing it?

When someone dives, they do it like they've just been shot at Gallipoli.

Calamari41

41 > 38
because he was pretending to be interfered with

then he jumped like a damn dolphin

Hey I'm not saying I have access to what was going through his mind at that moment. I just agree with Dastardly and know what it looks like when someone finds that their center of gravity is suddenly no longer located over their feet. I've been there myself, and it looks like that.

Dives usually look fake, and that looked real to me. That's all.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I would put some decent money down right now that Patches will be the Habs new captain in 2015. His presence over the past two weeks has just confirmed himself as the de facto leader on this team, and even management continues to bring it up. As much as I wanted Subban to get it, it's probably better if he doesn't have that added responsibility along with everything else.

Ursn

Any know if nhl15 is a big difference/improvement over nhl14? I'm getting one for my little brother and I vaguely remember him saying they removed something in 15? Last one I played was nhl10.

Sanjuro

Any know if nhl15 is a big difference/improvement over nhl14? I'm getting one for my little brother and I vaguely remember him saying they removed something in 15? Last one I played was nhl10.

If you don't play in the EASHL, then it's pretty great.

That is such a fucking cop out. I'm just as objective about our own players as I am the opposition.

Because you entertained that possibility, it's set a precedent for something I'm not willing to further engage you in.

Exactly. You know how disheartening it feels, and how much pride hurts, when you fall on the ice while looking stupid while doing it?

I like Getzlaf, too. But it looked like a blatant dive to me.

I like Getzlaf, too. But it looked like a blatant dive to me.

Blatant dive:

nnyYf4J.0.gif

"Blatant dive":

bambi-on-the-ice-o.gif

He threw himself at the ground like he just got off a year round cruise. There are better hills to die on than this.

I agree that there are better hills for Leafs-age to die on

The salt when teams get beat by the Leafs is unbelievable, and long lasting.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Hey I'm not saying I have access to what was going through his mind at that moment. I just agree with Dastardly and know what it looks like when someone finds that their center of gravity is suddenly no longer located over their feet. I've been there myself, and it looks like that.

Dives usually look fake, and that looked real to me. That's all.

take a look at the footage in slow motion

he kicks up his left leg after contact... but he still has full control of his right skate

now what happens next is the dead giveaway

he stops his left leg (no further movement), pumps his right knee, then you see him launch.

zroid

Banned
"@FriedgeHNIC: OTT went 18:40 without a shot"

LE TANKKK

░░░░░░░░( •̪●)░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃░░░▃░░░░ ▃░░
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
I███████████████████].░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Why would he wobble like that if he was going for a dive?

Perhaps he hit something on the ice? But it looked like a dive to me. The way his legs flailed up so high looked ridiculous.

RectangularIdleArabianhorse.gif

Perhaps his right skate hit something on the ice is all that I can see explaining it not being a dive. I'm not doubting he fell, I'm just saying that he embellished it for dramatic effect.

DopeyFish

Perhaps he hit something on the ice? But it looked like a dive to me. The way his legs flailed up so high looked ridiculous.

RectangularIdleArabianhorse.gif

Perhaps his right skate hit something on the ice is all that I can see explaining it not being a dive.

nope. a rut would have caused no increasing verticality

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Where do you see that he's jumping?

Unless the video is different than the gif I'm watching. Looks like he lost balance, tried to regain it, realised he couldn't, so he took the weight off his supporting leg and fell.

I don't think it's a dive in the traditional sense.

I agree that there are better hills for Leafs-age to die on

I agree that I only just learned the phrase "better hills to die on" and now I can't stop thinking about all those awesome King Of The Hill matches in Quake 3 I've had in my life.

From Dopeystats to Dopeyphysics. We're going to strange new and exciting places, people.

trifelife

lol divegate is still raging on, huh. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

My body is ready for Canucks
losing
hockey, this schedule is the worst.

Eddie starting. If I could make a Birdman brrr sound but a stork instead, I'd do it right now.

Sanjuro

Right now I'm watching the 30 for 30 on John Spano/New York Islanders.

I had no idea about any of this. This is insane.

While your team is in the fight of their lives...

I'm still shocked the Islanders story hasn't been turned into a screenplay. Guess hockey really isn't that marketable!

Everybody do me a favour.

Lift one leg up around 80 degrees, lean forward, and then push off on your remaining foot.

Now do that on ice w/ skates, from static position, in under a second.

If you didn't fall over, you're a liar.

DopeyFish

Everybody do me a favour.

Lift one leg up around 80 degrees, lean forward, and then push off on your remaining foot.

Now do that on ice w/ skates, from static position, in under a second.

If you didn't fall over, you're a liar.

and then you're halfway to earning a degree in the getzlaf school of olympic diving

Top Bottom