• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2014 |OT| Clearsi is the only stat that matters

Just casually glanced at who posted?

Goddamn zroid. God damn.

jbrAdMBUcSrf4s.JPG

Ha! I'm not a loser!
yet.

calder

Quoting myself since this applies for the 4th goal just scored.
He was definitely in hindsight a great signing. Great team contract too.

Watched a bit of the game on my phone at a pretty lame party but mainly followed my brothers iMessages and Twitter. Seemed like a damn good game, ppl were going nuts for Clutchinson late in the second when the Hawks seemed to be controlling play.

Erdrick

He was definitely in hindsight a great signing. Great team contract too.

Watched a bit of the game on my phone at a pretty lame party but mainly followed my brothers iMessages and Twitter. Seemed like a damn good game, ppl were going nuts for Clutchinson late in the second when the Hawks seemed to be controlling play.

I watched the game at some bar with no sound, but it was all good. Not everyday that we destroy the Hawks. I take it as an early Christmas present.

Feels good. Not even driveby salt from Frey.

It was a shitty performance that's indicative of a larger problem with the team. Avs came to play, Blues were already on break.

I'm pretty much in Full Cakeboss Fire the Coach mode now. Hitch has proven entirely incapable of making the on the fly changes necessary for success in the face of adversity and it seems like most good coaches in the league have his playbook verbatim. Lines suck, PP sucks, PK sucks. Defense practically backs into the net waiting on the backchecking from the forwards that isn't coming. There's no coherent systemic chemistry, causing almost habitual turnovers. Whatever portion of the system we're executing sucks and I've had enough of watching it.

And here's the thing about Backes: Duchene got exactly what he wanted with whatever was said to Backes prior to that scrum after the whistle. Backes has a really bad temper that lets other teams goad him into the penalty box and out of the C. He needs to watch the @LA game over and over until he remembers what his role is and how he lead a team with half as much raw talent to a more consistent success ratio a few years ago.

It was a shitty performance that's indicative of a larger problem with the team. Avs came to play, Blues were already on break.

I'm pretty much in Full Cakeboss Fire the Coach mode now. Hitch has proven entirely incapable of making the on the fly changes necessary for success in the face of adversity and it seems like most good coaches in the league have his playbook verbatim. Lines suck, PP sucks, PK sucks. Defense practically backs into the net waiting on the backchecking from the forwards that isn't coming. There's no coherent systemic chemistry, causing almost habitual turnovers. Whatever portion of the system we're executing sucks and I've had enough of watching it.

And here's the thing about Backes: Duchene got exactly what he wanted with whatever was said to Backes prior to that scrum after the whistle. Backes has a really bad temper that lets other teams goad him into the penalty box and out of the C. He needs to watch the @LA game over and over until he remembers what his role is and how he lead a team with half as much raw talent to a more consistent success ratio a few years ago.

Do you think Hitch has run his course with the players?

I'm sure Edmonton would like him.

LEAFS!

I'm very late, because I passed out during the second intermission after having been up since 3:30am.

It was good to see that they held onto it. It was a bit of a dull first two periods, and the ice looked horrible, but Dallas' giveaways were even worse.

zroid

Banned
After that losing streak, the Leafs PDO actually looks close to sustainable right now (for a team with great goaltending and great offensive talent), so whatever their points pace is at the moment might not be too far off from where they end up. Probably still due to regress by a few points though.

edit: I just realized this data didn't account for the Dallas game so maybe not quite as good, lol. their PDO was sky high last night.

yyzjohn

Banned
After that losing streak, the Leafs PDO actually looks close to sustainable right now (for a team with great goaltending and great offensive talent), so whatever their points pace is at the moment might not be too far off from where they end up. Probably still due to regress by a few points though.

edit: I just realized this data didn't account for the Dallas game so maybe not quite as good, lol. their PDO was sky high last night.

All other things being equal I just assume Leafs will have a long ass losing streak before the season ends to take them out of the playoffs. Right now they're on a 100 point pace, we know that's not happening lol

zroid

Banned
All other things being equal I just assume Leafs will have a long ass losing streak before the season ends to take them out of the playoffs. Right now they're on a 100 point pace, we know that's not happening lol

Oh I have no doubt there'll be one of those... but there might be another winning streak as well to balance it. The way the Leafs play has a tendency to go hot and cold a lot. (aka relying on goaltending, shooting percentage, and special teams to win games)

Samyy

Another game we deserved to lose last night, Seguin himself had 4 posts :(
Still can't see this seasons as anything other than a complete waste, if they had at least replaced Carlyle we could have seen whether it was a coaching issue or really a player issue.

LevelNth

Banned
Another game we deserved to lose last night, Seguin himself had 4 posts :(
Still can't see this seasons as anything other than a complete waste, if they had at least replaced Carlyle we could have seen whether it was a coaching issue or really a player issue.
The post argument... I hate it.

E-DuB

So I've been working overnights for the past two weeks with the tradeoff being that I didn't have to go in today. I'm well into a bottle of Bailey's and I've got the cognac lined up next. Have a joyful and safe holiday peeps.

Top Bottom