• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2014 |OT| Clearsi is the only stat that matters

zroid

Banned
What do the stats say?

I don't know, I'm too busy reading this spreadsheet.

That... they... deserved it?

They also say the Flyers are mediocre, and the Leafs are godawful (but that isn't news to anyone except a handful of delusional Leaf fans)

Marvie_3

Banned
well apparently Marvie does need it lol

not that he'd listen anyway!

ibyjKksQOEGznC.gif

zroid

Banned
I was just thinking about how Steve Simmons called the Leafs one of the league's "elite teams" during the tail end of that 10-1-1 stretch

I laughed out loud back then

still laughing

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I was just thinking about how Steve Simmons called the Leafs one of the league's "elite teams" during the tail end of that 10-1-1 stretch

I laughed out loud back then

still laughing
Did he really? I missed that. Hockey media and journalism has to be some of the dumbest people out there. It's pretty sad when they're repeatedly getting shown up by bloggers.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Well the leafs certainly are one team where if you see them on your teams schedule you don't have any clue who is going to win

Which for us is every game

zroid

Banned
Steve Dangle had a good line in his latest video:

"An 18-wheeler can only go off the cliff once. The Maple Leafs are Wile E. Coyote."

LevelNth

Banned
The Leafs are such a curious bunch. They literally can look at times on equal sides of the scale. Some games/stretches they will play so well you wonder if they are a Top 10 team, sometimes they will play so poorly you wonder are they are a bottom 5 team.

To me, it's a coaching issue and always has been. There is no discipline in the room, there is teaching, there is no sense of understanding what is going wrong from either the players or the staff.

zroid

Banned
Didn't the Leafs fall apart about the same point of the season last year?

Fall apart, then get resuscitated briefly, then self-immolating.

Well that's the Leafs in a nutshell, isn't it? Highly sh%/sv%-driven wins, meaning extremely streaky. The winning streaks never have any substance to them.

On a different note, the 24/7 ripoff is actually getting me somewhat excited for the Winter Classic this year, which I didn't think possible. The matchup and venue kinda stink, but Chicago is always a great team to watch and the Caps look decent this year.

Chris R

100% ready for my Avs trip now. Hoping the stadium is empty so I can move down closer to the ice, but if not it won't be the end of the world.

Yawnier

Banned
Didn't the Leafs fall apart about the same point of the season last year?

Fall apart, then get resuscitated briefly, then self-immolate.

They had a bad stretch (4 or so losses I think) right after the winter classic SO win and then they went on that hot streak into the olympic break following those 4 losses... We all know what happened after that California road trip in March.

Would not shock me if this team does something similar this year. Another hot streak sometime in January or February and then they collapse again finishing around 85 points.

With the 12th overall pick in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft, the Toronto Maple Leafs are proud to select.......

They had a bad stretch (4 or so losses I think) right after the winter classic SO win and then they went on that hot streak into the olympic break following those 4 losses... We all know what happened after that California road trip in March.

I think even before the classic they had something like 4 ROW in 30 games.

Yawnier

Banned
I know not many care about the Spengler Cup but Canada is getting absolutely peppered by Genève-Servette HC rn in this semi-final game. Drew MacIntyre let in a really bad goal just then, to nobodys surprise.

and look now it is 5-0, holy shit.

zroid

Banned
I know not many care about the Spengler Cup but Canada is getting absolutely peppered by Genève-Servette HC rn in this semi-final game. Drew MacIntyre let in a really bad goal just then, to nobodys surprise.

and look now it is 5-0, holy shit.

Ouch. I was watching the first period, but haven't seen what happened since. MacIntyre saved their bacon in the QF though.

Now he's playing in a b2b situation. Who's the other Canadian goalie?

Yawnier

Banned
Ouch. I was watching the first period, but haven't seen what happened since. MacIntyre saved their bacon in the QF though.

Now he's playing in a b2b situation. Who's the other Canadian goalie?

I turned the game off for 10 minutes and see that now it is 5-3, lol.

Other goalie is Nolan Schaefer, don't know who he is.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Haven't watched the 24/7 rip off and I probably won't watch the WC at all. Could not be less interested in this match up, although you guys seem to be happy with the 24/7 ripoff so far.

Top Bottom