• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2014 |OT| Clearsi is the only stat that matters

zroid

Banned
I turned the game off for 10 minutes and see that now it is 5-3, lol.

Other goalie is Nolan Schaefer, don't know who he is.

holy crap, it's 6-5 (Canada trailing) now with about 70 seconds to go... lolol

LOL CAnada got called for too many men before the faceoff

Yawnier

Banned
Wow, Guy Boucher is PISSED and yelled at a ref calling him an idiot. Might be fined for that?

Too bad they couldn't come back, oh well.

ShaneB

Haven't watched the 24/7 rip off and I probably won't watch the WC at all. Could not be less interested in this match up, although you guys seem to be happy with the 24/7 ripoff so far.

Epix has done some pretty great sports docs before, so I had no worries about how this one was going to turn out, and yeah it helps I've got an interest in a team playing. You're right though in that it's not the greatest of matchups to sell in terms of a hot rivalry.

zroid

Banned
Just burn it down

uBDTMq9.png

burn everything down

I watched episode two a few days ago. It's pretty good. But I really wish it was other teams for the winter Classic. Like Bruins vs Habs or another rivalry

Uncle Gary would have to be crazy not to do Bruins Habs sooner rather than later. Minnesota Dallas or Minnesota St. Louis also.

Just burn it down

uBDTMq9.png

burn everything down

Uncle Gary would have to be crazy not to do Bruins Habs sooner rather than later. Minnesota Dallas or Minnesota St. Louis also.

tqzGqEg.jpg

Bozak.. as Toronto's Bergeron... are you. WHAT. WHAT

I would totally buy tickets to see a Winter Classic with Habs & Bruins.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Tokarski in tonight, not really sure why Price started last night rather than tonight but then I just remind myself Therrien is an idiot.

Edit: wow what a goal for Denmark

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, NYR have 3 games in hand on the Leafs, and are just behind them in points. Shite.

The Rangers have 2 to 4 games in hand on everybody in the NHL except for Columbus, Florida, and Minnesota.

We're in a really tough part of the schedule now, though. Last night was the first game of a 10 game stretch where we play 8 on the road, including 3 games in 4 nights in California (Ducks and Kings back-to-back, yikes) and 3 games in 4 nights in the East (Boston, Columbus, Pittsburgh), with the only home games coming against the Sabres (this Saturday) and Islanders (2 weeks from tonight). And then after the All-Star break, it'll be the Islanders again and the Canadiens. This is pretty much the make or break part of the season for us. By the time January is over we should know exactly who this team is.

Although February isn't much easier. 14 games in 28 days.

zroid

Banned
Very quiet, which is enough to make me believe he's doing a good job and not committing glaring errors like Gardiner

The interesting thing about that chart is it suggests our D corps isn't really that bad... the only glaring issues are Holzer who simply shouldn't be playing, and Phaneuf who isn't terrible but is seriously overvalued. Heck Gardiner was good in the last two seasons, he should be able to be good in this one if he gets his act together.

This shouldn't be that surprising but the REAL issue is that most of the forwards don't play D... at all. *cough* Bozak, JVR, Lupul *cough*

Samyy

The interesting thing about that chart is it suggests our D corps isn't really that bad... the only glaring issues are Holzer who simply shouldn't be playing, and Phaneuf who isn't terrible but is seriously overvalued. Heck Gardiner was good in the last two seasons, he should be able to be good in this one if he gets his act together.

This shouldn't be that surprising but the REAL issue is that most of the forwards don't play D... at all. *cough* Bozak, JVR, Lupul *cough*

I'm more of the opinion that whatever system Carlyle is using is just putting extra pressure on the D.

They barely ever have support when the need to move the puck outta the zone with the forwards all skating off, always trying those long ass passes and then good forechecking/neutral zone teams just force turnovers etc.

zroid

Banned
I'm more of the opinion that whatever system Carlyle is using is just putting extra pressure on the D.

They barely ever have support when the need to move the puck outta the zone with the forwards all skating off, always trying those long ass passes and then good forechecking/neutral zone teams just force turnovers etc.

Oh for sure. Not saying the forwards are necessarily bad at D, just that they aren't doing it properly.

except Bozak, he's just bad :p

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm back bitches

On-air TV had Australian hockey league playoffs, good shit air canada

zroid

Banned
Here is what happened to Mark Spector. The Oilers own some of the proprietorial rights within their broadcasts on Sportsnet, and that means they have some say over what is said during the actual game. Not in the pregame or postgame, but only during the actual game itself. Owner Daryl Katz didn't like something Spector said during a previous broadcast, so he was not on the December 23rd broadcast. His press pass was not revoked, because the Oilers don't have that power, but since they own part of broadcast they have say in who works those games.

lolwat

Mark Spector is awful so he gets no sympathy from me, but loloilers

TUSR

Banned
I've been lurking NFL GAF, and man do they ever have some characters.

There's a Detroit Lions fan who just won't shut up about them. Not just the occasional drive by post, there's just pages and pages of this guy's ramblings and people calling him an idiot.

Tabris is like...not even a bottom 10 poster there.

i heard they like anime

Red_Man

Bournival in for Malholtra, he's been lagging for a while now. I can't remember the last time this team had so many junior players on the team, I love it.

Well it is a football thread, comes with the territory.

zroid

Banned
Sweden clinched the top seed in their group just now! Willieeeeeeeeee

I've actually seen it before but it was a long time ago. The only anime I can say I like.. and sort of Trigun? Though I think my memory of Trigun is pretty generous.

Trigun is rad

Red_Man

Awesome to see Denmark get the win.

#Habs Max Pacioretty is tied with Rick Nash for the most even-strength goals since January 1st with 31.

But he's lazy and streaky!

ShaneB

I've been lurking NFL GAF, and man do they ever have some characters.

There's a Detroit Lions fan who just won't shut up about them. Not just the occasional drive by post, there's just pages and pages of this guy's ramblings and people calling him an idiot.

He's not even that bad compared to a few other folks. I'd rather delusions than outright trolls.

Just finished watching episode 3 of the winter classic. Good stuff.

Red_Man

What a boring first period, Panthers looked like the Devils out there with how much they clog the neutral zone. Also PK has been fantastic defensively these past 15 games or so, he's really stepped it up.

Top Bottom