• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2014 |OT| Clearsi is the only stat that matters

yyzjohn

Banned
Nothing like having your GM telling you to be patient when you've missed the playoffs for 8 years and have been rebuilding for the majority of that time.

"No worries, I'm McTavish, and we got another great Mc coming in June!"

Queue the McTavish strut gif. (dont' have it) :(

ownership needs to step in already

He already did.

6827648.jpg

Cake Boss

Banned
He says that everyone is being evaluated and is gonna be held accountable. Then 2 minutes later he says he's not trading the core and his best players.

Oilers lol

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
He says that everyone is being evaluated and is gonna be held accountable. Then 2 minutes later he says he's not trading the core and his best players.

Oilers lol
He was trying to say "We're going to tank like motherfuckers" without actually saying it.

calder

So MacTavish's presser today was an "EVERYTHING'S FINE, NO PROBLEMS HERE" sort of thing?

Not so much, more along the lines of "we're on the right track, it's frustrating but we have to power through changes won't help" etc. He did straight up blame the Oilers dreadful drafting over the past decade though, that was unexpected (and certainly 100% true). I'm sure Kevin Lowe listened to that part with a weird look on his face, I think he was the guy ultimately responsible for the Oilers doing some of the worst drafting in NHL history like 10 years ago.

Really, what he needed to do was casually leave his phone out on the podium angles in such a way that the cameras could see his McDavid lock screen.

Cake Boss

Banned
I still don't get how they haven't fired their whole amateur scouting department. Their track record for the past 8 years is their resume and it looks like shit.

zroid

Banned
speaking of scouting departments, apparently the Leafs have made some more player development hires. including at least one guy who has been openly critical of Carlyle in the past, so that's always a good sign!

Red_Man

Damien Brunner on waivers, I remember when he was getting so hyped up by Wings fans.

Damien Brunner on waivers, I remember when he was getting so hyped up by Wings fans.

Brunner!! :(

He played fine for us and did pretty well, though he had massive hot and cold streaks. But greed got the best of him and he ended up signing with NJ for the same amount we offered him because our offer was off the table.

Socreges

Banned
Can't take the douche out of the douchebag.

Well, he was good during his only season with the Wings. 9 points in 14 playoff games, too. You would've hyped him up the same. Then he held out for more money and signed with NJ.

He'll probably get less money next season and find a better fit.

Isn't New Jersey pretty thin on offence? If Brunner can't crack their lineup, what does that say about their confidence in him?

Their contract situation doesn't look great. 9 forwards are making $3M or more and they don't have a lot of room.

Red_Man

Weaver rotating in for Allen. Would be a good time to play Tinordi or Beaulieu, but what do I know.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Cam Talbot gets the start tomorrow in Detroit.

Tanner Glass will not travel to Detroit. He hopes to play on Monday against Pittsburgh. He better fucking not.

yyzjohn

Banned
It's kind of crazy how healthy the Habs have been, though now that I mentioned it, everyone on the squad is going down.

It's a marathon season, if I had a team that was actually a legitimate playoff team, you'd hope for early injuries and have everyone healthy for the playoffs. Of course we don't have that problem in Toronto.

Red_Man

It's kind of crazy how healthy the Habs have been, though now that I mentioned it, everyone on the squad is going down.
The healthiest start to a season I can remember in some time. In a way it's hurting us because Therrien isn't being forced to play our rookies. DD getting sidelined for a decent amount of time would be the best thing to happen to this team.

Razorskin

----- ------
Sony is having their own seperate conference tomorrow
Lotsa hints about TLG being there.

Ah, I heard of it but I didn't know when it was happening.

The healthiest start to a season I can remember in some time. In a way it's hurting us because Therrien isn't being forced to play our rookies. DD getting sidelined for a decent amount of time would be the best thing to happen to this team.

pls go down DD.

Breaking news:

iMVV92n.png

https://twitter.com/DetroitRedWings/status/540882580045053952

Top Bottom