• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2014 |OT| Clearsi is the only stat that matters

Foggy

I stay out of Nintendo announcement threads since I have very little to contribute and I don't get much pleasure out of being a killjoy. I just watch these trailers and announcements for Nintendo properties since forever and ever ago and I just. can't. care. anymore.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
The world looked empty and bland as hell. Though it was just a demo.

Like every open world game ever. Well maybe not empty, but I've never played one with good "level design". I'll take smaller, tightly designed levels over huge worlds with no real flow.

Acid08

Banned
Like every open world game ever. Well maybe not empty, but I've never played one with good "level design". I'll take smaller, tightly designed levels over huge worlds with no real flow.

ALBW had an amazing open world. Maybe that's because it was more compact than most.

Samyy

The advanced stats have zero to do with what's actually going on with the Avs right now. Give me an advanced stat for apathy and laziness and we'll talk.

Did Roy forget how to coach?
Did the players get worse?

Oh wait the team might have been shit in the first place!

Calamari41

41 > 38
The world looked empty and bland as hell. Though it was just a demo.

It was just footage of them on a horse 6 feet away from the screen.

Staredown_zpswpnevonp.gif

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
ALBW had an amazing open world. Maybe that's because it was more compact than most.

Haven't played it, but I kinda forgot about top down, or 2D stuff. They usually are better, not trying to make their worlds as realistic as possible.

Marvie_3

Banned
I stay out of Nintendo announcement threads since I have very little to contribute and I don't get much pleasure out of being a killjoy. I just watch these trailers and announcements for Nintendo properties since forever and ever ago and I just. can't. care. anymore.
i1ss0myz7L5lh.gif

I'm just the opposite. I love having huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge areas to just wander around and explore even if there's little to do.

Did Roy forget how to coach?
Did the players get worse?

Oh wait the team might have been shit in the first place!
It's amusing to me that you push advanced stats so hard but think that an 82 game fluke is actually feasible. Did you watch any avs games last season? Have you watched any this season? Cause there is a stark fucking contrast of effort between seasons. The players didn't get worse, they stopped caring.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
The real megaton tonight was Mario Maker evolving past the rather simple form it had at E3. SMB3 style levels!

I just need the proper physics now, and hopefully you can create bigger levels than you could at E3.

calder

And so wrong about the Oilers :lol

I'm not so sure, advanced stats had no prediction for how the goalies would work out. No way to really know for sure both would be terrible when thrust into a potential #1 role, and with the goalies being bad and the team being at times really unlucky offensively (and at times just terrible overall) it doesn't matter that the Oilers are actually playing much, much better than their record shows.

There's no doubt, if you swapped the Oilers and Flames goalies the teams would pretty much just change places in the standings even if everything else stayed the exact same.

So I just got back from hockey, was there anything exciting that was announced that isn't Nintendo related? I see a new Witcher 3 trailer but that is really all I can find.

Quick

Banned
Cherry in front of Cherry

How are you liking the look of Yosemite.

Also, Perry will travel with team, injury now thought to not be serious.

Yosemite is great. Big fan of the new design. I've actually had it since the summer as part of the open beta, so I've gotten used to it.

zroid

Banned
I want to check that out but $40 seems steep.

$30 worth of game, and $10 worth of cute! It adds up!

Seriously though I just feel blessed that a "big budget puzzle game" can still exist in this day and age. Till now there was basically Portal 2 and, uh...

Top Bottom