• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2014 |OT| Clearsi is the only stat that matters

Erdrick

Obviously glad Little got the hatty, first for the franchise since the Atlanta days.

Reeeeeaaaally regret not going to the game with my brothers. Ah well, three of them went at least, they said it was about as loud as the MTS centre has been since the first few games.

I was at the game tonight and it was glorious. The "Patrick" chant being one of my favorites so far in all my games being there. Being there in person for Little's hat trick was so awesome. I took my stepfather to his first ever game at the MTS Centre and couldn't have chosen a better first game for him to be at. It was so loud there...

Byfuglien is awesome on either forward or defence. Roy did his usual pull the goalie trick with ten minutes left, because at that point, what else did they have to lose?

I was also at the Oilers-Jets game on Wednesday and I'll tell you, Edmonton at least put up more of a fight than Colorado did. The Avs were pathetic tonight against us.

Hope the Jets can continue this momentum on Sunday against Anaheim.

Calamari41

41 > 38
So the bland and featureless landscape of that Zelda video won't be representative of the final game? Or what?

I would be shocked if that turned out to be the case. I mean, I'm sure there are forest areas that will be kind of like that (since they're forests and all), but it would be a disaster if that entire continent were like that.

And anyway, it really wasn't that bad. Especially the first part where he's climbing the hill with the sunset.

Heretic

I would be shocked if that turned out to be the case. I mean, I'm sure there are forest areas that will be kind of like that (since they're forests and all), but it would be a disaster if that entire continent were like that.

it's going to be like that but there are going to be countless secret dungeons. That's what's great about Zelda games. Exploration is always rewarding and fun.

Calamari41

41 > 38
it's going to be like that but there are going to be countless secret dungeons. That's what's great about Zelda games. Exploration is always rewarding and fun.

Yeah that's what I was getting at, there will be landmarks and shit all over. I am actually incredibly hyped at the possibility that we're moving away from the linear "go up this mountain road we just showed you in the cutscene which turns straight into the dungeon" style of gameplay and more toward the "shit, I bet there's a full-on dungeon somewhere in this valley... Let's go find it" style of gameplay.

Calamari41

41 > 38
This post in the thread for the demo is a visual expression of why this has gotten me so hyped on the game:

bucztr.gif

1st-LOZ-WP1.jpg

I sincerely hope we are allowed to stumble upon dungeons on our own in this game. Or at least that we are moving in that direction.

Socreges

Banned

And anyway, it really wasn't that bad. Especially the first part where he's climbing the hill with the sunset.
The "densely wooded forest" area was bad and I hope there's nothing like it in the game.

Anyway, in EAD we trust.

Acid08

Banned
This post in the thread for the demo is a visual expression of why this has gotten me so hyped on the game:

I sincerely hope we are allowed to stumble upon dungeons on our own in this game. Or at least that we are moving in that direction.

If they're building off of what they did in ALBW then that's exactly what they're gonna do.

Heretic

The "densely wooded forest" area was bad and I hope there's nothing like it in the game.

Anyway, in EAD we trust.

All open world games have areas like that. What do you thing can be done to alleviate that? Can't possibly populate every in of the map.

Calamari41

41 > 38

Anyway, in EAD we trust.

I'm thinking they threw in a run-through of that area just to show off the tree collision thing, and that they will populate and touch the forest up in the 10-11 months until release.

Just think back to the difference between the Mario 3D World E3 reveal and that trailer from a month before it came out. And those were just 4 or 5 months apart.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't get it during the e3 deal...then Amazon also offered the free amiibo deal as well...i see the free amiibo deal at target and i caved.

fuck me...

Marvie_3

Banned
All open world games have areas like that. What do you thing can be done to alleviate that? Can't possibly populate every in of the map.
Absolutely. I get that you want things to do in a game but you can't have a cave or a bombchu arcade every 5 feet.

So basically this is the Zelda game I've been wanting since I first got an NES.

If they want to keep the tutorials and handholding bullshit in the game, fine. Just give me the option to turn it off.

Calamari41

41 > 38
If they want to keep the tutorials and handholding bullshit in the game, fine. Just give me the option to turn it off.

Yeah I realized while starting up Alpha Sapphire the other day and sitting there watching an NPC ssssllllloooowwwwwly show me how to capture a Pokemon for the 30th time in my life... I would love for games like Pokemon and Zelda to start with a prompt as soon as you start a new game: "Have you ever played a Zelda/Pokemon game before?"

Socreges

Banned
There were trees and there was grass. That's it*. In a massive area. It looked beautiful and pristine and boring.

*I did see one large rock.

Marvie_3

Banned
......street fighter has a timeline?

There were trees and there was grass. That's it*. In a massive area. It looked beautiful and pristine and boring.

*I did see one large rock.

You should check out Resident Evil 1. You barely ever leave the house. None of that pesky nature to run through.

Ursn

Hope that news about Corey Perry's injury not being serious is true. Zelda looks good, can't wait for a real demo.
......street fighter has a timeline?
The comics by udon are really good at explaining all the drama between fights and explaining the timeline.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like an NHL superstar right now. I get to the Palazzo in Vegas and for some reason they've upgraded my hotel room to the Master King Suite. This fucking room has a guest bathroom, an exercise room, living room with dining table, master bedroom with king size bed, walk in closet, jacuzzi bathtub and his/her sinks. I'm never gonna have a room like this again and of course I get it when I'm down here to work the show floor and not have a ton of fun with my friends. #FirstWorldProblems

That's cool, reminds me of Ninja Gaiden

Ninja-Gaiden-Cliff.jpg

Too bad the newer Ninja Gaiden games didn't capture the feeling like the original 8-bit games

Samyy

I feel like an NHL superstar right now. I get to the Palazzo in Vegas and for some reason they've upgraded my hotel room to the Master King Suite. This fucking room has a guest bathroom, an exercise room, living room with dining table, master bedroom with king size bed, walk in closet, jacuzzi bathtub and his/her sinks. I'm never gonna have a room like this again and of course I get it when I'm down here to work the show floor and not have a ton of fun with my friends. #FirstWorldProblems

That sounds amazing D:

You're an NHL-GAF superstar, that's close

Montresor

So Brandon Kozun is back... wonder what's gonna happen there...

I hope he has to re-earn his spot. Other players have made too much progress for Kozun to justifiably displace anyone's roster spot right now (I.e. Holland and Panik have become pretty decent day-to-day players - they were formerly fringe players before Kozun went down and have since made nice improvements in their play).

I see him going back to the Marlies.

zroid

Banned
I hope he has to re-earn his spot. Other players have made too much progress for Kozun to justifiably displace anyone's roster spot right now (I.e. Holland and Panik have become pretty decent day-to-day players - they were formerly fringe players before Kozun went down and have since made nice improvements in their play).

He'll have to earn it back for sure, but can he go to the Marlies without waivers?

Samyy

A forward could get moved.
Imo we don't need Booth on the fourth line, Panik/Kozun could accomplish the same thing.

Samyy

I think I need to see the stats supporting that statement.

I guess for Holland you could make the arguement that he has 9 points in 25 games, but half those were on the fourth line playing 5 minutes a night.

And now he's stuck with Winnik and Clarkson, poor guy.

Plus he has a PDO of 96.24

Regardless of this he still has P/60 of 1.59 much higher then Panik/Kozun/Clarkson/Winnik.

So yea Dopey pls need proof that Holland is a waste.

What I would like to see is Panik moved up to give Holland a linemate who actually has a bit of skill and Winnik sent down to the fourth line.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The Av's are a really interesting case because you had analytic guys predicting this collapse 6-8 months ago. Of course there's a lot of factors to contribute to that, loss of a guy like Statsny, and Varlamov hasn't been out of this world like last season. I don't lean as heavily on adv stats as some people, but I think you have to give them some credit for correctly predicting this.

Not sure if any Wild fans know who this guy is, but I'm surprised he's wearing a Wild jersey (Mike Will Made-It)

Top Bottom