• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2014 |OT| Clearsi is the only stat that matters

Socreges

Banned
Apparently Brian Little's hattrick yesterday was the Jets' first hattrick. Pretty cool.
... ever?

Transcript of the Bernier interview

Jonathan Bernier in the receiving line at a Nelson Mandela Foundation event The Giant of Africa
Reporter1 (SportsNet mic): Alright Jonathan, how important is, uh, the legacy of Nelson Mandela to you?
JB: Well obviously he's been, uh, a tremendous, uh, athlete and you know obviously what, uh, he means to all the sports you know when you know the worl- the world can uh be changed by the sports it's pretty amazing. And I think he's definitely uh got a lot of respect in every sports and uh he's definitely one of the athletes I watched growing up as well.
Reporter1's mic disappears from frame
Reporter2: Why is it important for you to come show support tonight?
JB: Well I think any good cause is, uh, sorry (he's apologizing to someone to the left of the screen, not sure who/why), it's always, uh, you know I love supporting, uh, any kind of cause obviously it's for the Afri-, in Africa it's obviously it's, uh, a great cause, and enjoying, I guess, the basketball game.
Reporter2: Thanks.

Jesus christ LOL
I require video. Hopefully they put it back up

zroid

Banned

2014-12-012023_19_50bhu90.gif

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

Jonathan Bernier in the receiving line at a Nelson Mandela Foundation event The Giant of Africa
Reporter1 (SportsNet mic): Alright Jonathan, how important is, uh, the legacy of Nelson Mandela to you?
JB: Well obviously he's been, uh, a tremendous, uh, athlete and you know obviously what, uh, he means to all the sports you know when you know the worl- the world can uh be changed by the sports it's pretty amazing. And I think he's definitely uh got a lot of respect in every sports and uh he's definitely one of the athletes I watched growing up as well.
Reporter1's mic disappears from frame
Reporter2: Why is it important for you to come show support tonight?
JB: Well I think any good cause is, uh, sorry (he's apologizing to someone to the left of the screen, not sure who/why), it's always, uh, you know I love supporting, uh, any kind of cause obviously it's for the Afri-, in Africa it's obviously it's, uh, a great cause, and enjoying, I guess, the basketball game.
Reporter2: Thanks.

Jesus christ LOL

ibfyf4ogSH3PK9.gif

ALSO YAKUZA 5

Here's my take on the Avs and #fancystats:

To be clear I haven't watched that many Avs games, so it is partially speculative. I think, when 19&21 says they're not playing as well as they were last year, he's not wrong. Stuff like PDO isn't all luck, and it isn't all goaltending. You can "play well" with a bad possession rating by covering up those holes with other things like takeaways and scoring off the rush.

The reason possession stats are valued highly by analytics is they're sustainable. It's like getting the fundamentals down. If your fundamentals are bad, you can play other aspects of the game well, and win a lot of games, but you can't always count on them to bail you out when the basics are out of whack.

When you're talking about the Avs this year, you can point to a lack of effort or whatever, and it's fair. They're obviously not doing the things they were doing last year, which allowed them to get ~110 whatever points. The issue just comes down to if you don't have a solid possession rating, then it's more difficult to keep those other things at a consistently high level so you can win games, and we're sort of seeing the result of that right now.

Sure, but in this case they go hand in hand from what I've seen. They stand around as the other team possesses the puck and at times will have all 5 players follow the puck in a swarm. They literally look like the oilers at times. It's hard to possess the puck when you don't actually try to get the puck back from the other team.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Where my Dragonball bros at? Just bought seasons one and four on Blu Ray, ready to rock the dragon tonight awwwww yeaaaaahh

I bought the Cell saga of DBZ Kai on blu ray a little while ago, partly for me, and partly for my little brothers. I miss some of that Falconer music though.

I've been debating picking up the rest of the series in some way so they could finish the show, it would be nice if they could get their asses moving on the rest of it for kai.

I'd also accept Funimation getting their app up on the Xbone/360 in Canada.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I couldn't watch the entire Bernier video, I can't handle second hand embarrassment.

zroid

Banned
The Islanders' TV crew is talking about the positive effect Brodeur will have on the Blues' playoff run (leadership, pedigree, etc.)

:lol

Samyy

Based on twitter whoever is in charge of demoing/PR for the Order should be fired.
Most people demoing the 30 minute showfloor thing really enjoy it but they never really get it right for stage demos, yeesh.

Top Bottom