• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2014 |OT| Clearsi is the only stat that matters

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The guy who would do all those fantastic opening montages for HNIC did one specifically for Bealiveau tonight, I can't wait to see what he's done.

#Habs leave a seat empty to honour Jean Béliveau. Not to be outdone, the Panthers will leave 12,140 seats empty to honour Béliveau.
:lol

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So I've been away for a bit but I know you've all been waiting on my updates for my foray into the world of hockey.

So how this league has it set up is the first 10 weeks (1 hour session a week on Mondays) is all hockey school. The goal is to teach us the basics and get us ready for the games.

The following 7 weeks are one game a week and then after that sometime in mid April is our playoffs where we take the 4 beginner teams where I am in Brampton and have them face off against the Toronto beginner teams as well in a weekend tournament, winner being the best.

So last week was my first on ice session, needless to say I was complete shit. Could barely skate, it was if my knees suddenly vanished from my body out there. I could barely go a meter without almost falling or stumbling. I didn't even make it through the entire session as my back and legs just couldn't adjust to this new feel. Despite all that I wasn't discouraged, I expected to get my ass kicked and that's exactly what happened.

I spent the entire week afterwards bending my knees and getting in a hockey stance whenever I could around the house or even at work. I was only able to get onto the ice again once that week for a short amount of time but it still didn't feel right.

Queue up last night for the second session and it was a night and day difference. I still suck but I was skating a lot better, I was moving faster, turning better and just not stumbling along. I was even able to last through almost the entire practice. Only thing I had to sit out to stretch was doing backwards skating because once again my back just wasn't having it.

But last night I did for the first time get to stickhandle with a puck and shoot it as well. I was pleased with myself that I was able to actually lift the puck and shoot it into the chest of the goalie in one of the drills.

Honestly it's only two weeks in but I am loving this, still got 8 more sessions before games begin though, so plenty of time to continue growing. I'm hoping to hit the rink a few times this week to practice stopping and backwards skating.

So I've been away for a bit but I know you've all been waiting on my updates for my foray into the world of hockey.

So how this league has it set up is the first 10 weeks (1 hour session a week on Mondays) is all hockey school. The goal is to teach us the basics and get us ready for the games.

The following 7 weeks are one game a week and then after that sometime in mid April is our playoffs where we take the 4 beginner teams where I am in Brampton and have them face off against the Toronto beginner teams as well in a weekend tournament, winner being the best.

So last week was my first on ice session, needless to say I was complete shit. Could barely skate, it was if my knees suddenly vanished from my body out there. I could barely go a meter without almost falling or stumbling. I didn't even make it through the entire session as my back and legs just couldn't adjust to this new feel. Despite all that I wasn't discouraged, I expected to get my ass kicked and that's exactly what happened.

I spent the entire week afterwards bending my knees and getting in a hockey stance whenever I could around the house or even at work. I was only able to get onto the ice again once that week for a short amount of time but it still didn't feel right.

Queue up last night for the second session and it was a night and day difference. I still suck but I was skating a lot better, I was moving faster, turning better and just not stumbling along. I was even able to last through almost the entire practice. Only thing I had to sit out to stretch was doing backwards skating because once again my back just wasn't having it.

But last night I did for the first time get to stickhandle with a puck and shoot it as well. I was pleased with myself that I was able to actually lift the puck and shoot it into the chest of the goalie in one of the drills.

Honestly it's only two weeks in but I am loving this, still got 8 more sessions before games begin though, so plenty of time to continue growing. I'm hoping to hit the rink a few times this week to practice stopping and backwards skating.

That a boy Kave, keep it up and you'll be ready for the GAF pick up game when it happens in 2020!

Miller starts, Matthias likely out, so same lines as Sunday.

I think someone should sit for Corrado though. The Canucks' D is a fire drill if Tanev and Edler aren't on the ice.

Cake Boss

Banned
The best thing that Dave Tankron said was that he doesn't like juggling lines and wants to keep the shots against down.

Lol good luck Tankron.

Red_Man

It's hilarious that GMs have been after Stewart for a long time now. Guys a bum. Maybe that goal he scored by abusing Weaver and Allen will get him moved.

When I move in a couple months I might start playing hockey at some point. I'm glad you're having a good time starting up

Are you guys keeping Brodeur for the season?

Personally, I trust Brodeur a lot more than Elliott in the playoffs. Elliott is like the modern day Lalime/Cechmanek to me.

He's had a hell of a couple of games, but I don't know that they don't sell high if they can.

Elliott is a different goaltender than he was a few years ago and has only improved the argument for the #1 slot this year. Elliott really hasn't seen much playoff time for us with Halak and Miller getting their chances (to fail). It would be disrespectful to not give him that honestly.

Allen is the bigger question mark, but he has the skill set and he'll have a couple of years as backup to find his groove. No chance we move him as our other homegrown options are too young.

So, given Brodeur's age and situation we either sell high, waive low or let him stay on as #2/3 as long as possible. 3 goaltenders causes a lot of obvious issues though. I think Brodeur wants to showcase himself for another team that won't have that bottleneck when everyone is healthy.

The other thing about Brodeur is that as much as all of this is about him, he has a really good influence on the team in the locker room and on the ice.

Red_Man

Prust said:
This is a must-win. We need to do it for Béliveau, for ourselves, our team, our fans. We need to get back on track.
Incoming another loss. If A.Gally stays at center for the whole game, whether they win or lose doesn't mean much to me. This could possibly be the start of DD's end in Montreal which is what really matters.

This will be in the ice at the BC for the remainder of the season, along with Bealiveau's seat being covered with his jersey and no one sitting in it

B4bphV2CIAAIReu.jpg:large

Congrats! I'm just finishing up a skating class that really helped me out. It's pretty fun to play hockey.

That a boy Kave, keep it up and you'll be ready for the GAF pick up game when it happens in 2020!

NHL gaf meet up where everyone meets up in whatever city the All-Star Game is at, we all play somewhere, then get drunk, then go to the ASG itself.

Save a dollar a day until then and you're guaranteed funding for everything.

Come on gaf lets do it.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Highlight was a woman simply bursted in during the presser and yelled "YOU'RE THE FUCKING BEST, PAUL MACLEAN! WE LOVE YOU!"

She is now being interviewed and is ranting against the local media and fans who "under-celebrate success".

She likes the way The moustache tingles.

As she should.

Marvie_3

Banned
Congrats! I'm just finishing up a skating class that really helped me out. It's pretty fun to play hockey.

NHL gaf meet up where everyone meets up in whatever city the All-Star Game is at, we all play somewhere, then get drunk, then go to the ASG itself.

Save a dollar a day until then and you're guaranteed funding for everything.

Come on gaf lets do it.

......but I don't want to go to the ASG.

Silexx

Apparently, she is known to show up uninvited to these things.

"@BonksMullet: The woman who crashed the Sens presser also crashed the #SensBloggerClassic last year. Can't wait to see how she follows it up!

......but I don't want to go to the ASG.

But your gaf bros will be there too? And Nick Schmaltz will be an all-star by then so you'll be able to cheer him on.

But it's in Lumbus! We could probably afford to rent a whole hotel floor.

Not this year you scrub. In like 3 or 4 years when it is in a nice city that isn't Ohio.

Like Vegas. I guarantee they get the ASG within a year or two after they get a franchise.

Top Bottom