• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2014 |OT| Clearsi is the only stat that matters

I hope that St. Louis will hold on for the win against the Panthers. Last time I looked, they were worryingly close to the Leafs in the standings.

calder

Xmas gift from my wife is tix to the Leafs playing the Stars in Dallas in two weeks.

Going to be exhausting cheering against both teams.

MadSexual

I'll take this point with our depleted lineup. Good game Rangers. I watched the MSG broadcast over the Root program tonight. You guys have a great crew that appear genuinely interested in opposing team trivia. It was a cool and pretty refreshing change from the homers.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Varly injured again? L O L :(

At least Pickard is on his way back up

edit: And a Vegas team should work in theory. Make the tickets cheap enough and it should be 3/4 full every night. The stadium is right on the strip between NY/NY and the Monte Carlo.

Already doing this in Florida and I wouldn't be surprised if they're doing it in Arizona...Really, this decision doesn't strike me as very smart. I understand growing the game, but you need a lot of teams for stability as well. It does suck that geography is getting in the way of Quebec City, but I'm at at loss for words why Las Vegas over Seattle.

What is the total population of Las Vegas and are there enough fans there to keep it sustainable like another Toronto or Quebec City team or is Badman hoping they'll come just like he's been hoping they'll come for Florida and Arizona?

Marvie_3

Banned
Already doing this in Florida and I wouldn't be surprised if they're doing it in Arizona...Really, this decision doesn't strike me as very smart. I understand growing the game, but you need a lot of teams for stability as well. It does suck that geography is getting in the way of Quebec City, but I'm at at loss for words why Las Vegas over Seattle.

What is the total population of Las Vegas and are there enough fans there to keep it sustainable like another Toronto or Quebec City team or is Badman hoping they'll come just like he's been hoping they'll come for Florida and Arizona?
I highly doubt they expand by only 1 team, that wouldn't make any sense. They'll probably announce conditional expansion teams for Seattle and Las Vegas(to balance out the conferences). Once Seattle gets a conditional team, they should be able to get their new arena approved. If not, they probably award the franchise to Quebec and put Detroit back in the West.

And after it happens, I'm sure the NBA will be glad he did!

:lol Exactly

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'll take this point with our depleted lineup. Good game Rangers. I watched the MSG broadcast over the Root program tonight. You guys have a great crew that appear genuinely interested in opposing team trivia. It was a cool and pretty refreshing change from the homers.
Sam's one of the best in the biz. They can be a little homery at times (generally taking the most optimistic view they can, at least until the end of the game if it's blatantly obvious that it's been a disaster), but generally they're pretty fair and will get hyped even for great plays by the opposition.

By the way, these Penguins third jerseys are great. The yellow is really bold in person. So much better than the regular gross brown mustard.

zroid

Banned
Sam's one of the best in the biz. They can be a little homery at times (generally taking the most optimistic view they can, at least until the end of the game if it's blatantly obvious that it's been a disaster), but generally they're pretty fair and will get hyped even for great plays by the opposition.

One of the benefits to the Rogers NHL deal in my view is there aren't any dedicated TV broadcasters for the Leafs anymore. Even the regionally restricted games are covered by crews who at times cover different teams. Keeps homerism way down. Well, pretty much anything would be a drop compared to Joe Bowen. :p

Bjugstad looking good again, Dale.

We would be a good 2C.

You mean first, right? He's one of the best players to ever play the game, and perhaps the best Leaf of all-time.

The only way I could see him being second is because of the chemistry with Bozak/Kessel and JVR.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
It seems reasonable.. I can finally watch all of The Wire I hope it's on there

I think it will be.

Also for Dasterdly

B1HSKg0.gif

My friend gave me The Wire, along with quite a few other shows. I want to watch it, but there's quite a few things ahead of it.

I did watch all of Breaking Bad, though. Now, I'm trying to do the same with The Sopranos and Orange is the New Black.

Six Feet Under is the GOAT, and I'd like to watch it all again, but I have too much else to watch.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
My friend gave me The Wire, along with quite a few other shows. I want to watch it, but there's quite a few things ahead of it.

I did watch all of Breaking Bad, though. Now, I'm trying to do the same with The Sopranos and Orange is the New Black.

Six Feet Under is the GOAT, and I'd like to watch it all again, but I have too much else to watch.

Yeah, one of these days I will rewatch Six Feet Under. Probably one of my favorite series finales.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Kevin Klein with the Broadway Hat after the game

2014-12-08-22-04-17d6ief.png

A part of his ear was cut off by the high stick he took in the first period and reattached with 13 stitches.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
You mean first, right? He's one of the best players to ever play the game, and perhaps the best Leaf of all-time.

The only way I could see him being second is because of the chemistry with Bozak/Kessel and JVR.
Why you feed the Habs troll D:
I highly doubt they expand by only 1 team, that wouldn't make any sense. They'll probably announce conditional expansion teams for Seattle and Las Vegas(to balance out the conferences). Once Seattle gets a conditional team, they should be able to get their new arena approved. If not, they probably award the franchise to Quebec and put Detroit back in the West.
Never knew they could opt for a 'conditional' expansion team. Unless there's some history I'm missing, they've always just awarded whichever city the team. The only condition I can possibly think of is getting enough season ticket holders and sponsors lined up. Assuming they can't for whatever reason and Quebec City is back, that doesn't help the alignment at all...unless they ship the Wings back to the West, I'd be all for that :D

The people who think we should trade Malkin if we bomb in the playoffs again make me shake my head. He's more of the heart of this team than Crosby is.

Is that hf boards bullshit? No actual fan would ever say that.

By the way, these Penguins third jerseys are great. The yellow is really bold in person. So much better than the regular gross brown mustard.
Yeah, the third jerseys have grown on me a lot. I want one now.

I like the Pens' retro third jerseys. They can be a bit much sometimes, but the pros outweigh the cons.

Much better than when three teams had almost exactly the same blue/dark blue with a circular logo third jerseys, including the Pens. Columbus and Florida(!) too. Eugh.

ShaneB

I like the Pens' retro third jerseys. They can be a bit much sometimes, but the pros outweigh the cons.

Much better than when three teams had almost exactly the same blue/dark blue with a circular logo third jerseys, including the Pens. Columbus and Florida(!) too. Eugh.

Yeah the Pens throwback unis are slick.

Did NHL really stop selling the penguins third jersey already? The fuck?

Yeah, those were cool until everyone copied. Then I hated the design

Razorskin

----- ------
DAAAASSSSSTTTTAAAARRRRDDDLLLLYYYYYYY :D

Good to have you back, man.

I can't handle this right now.

John Scott rapping is not something that should ever have happened.

also I'm pretty sure this is racist as fuck
It was the youth movement in action.

Did NHL really stop selling the penguins third jersey already? The fuck?

Yeah, those were cool until everyone copied. Then I hated the design

I was okay with the Pens' although it wasn't too fitting. I guess the blue is classy and could mimic ice or water, but still.

Then Florida had one and Columbus. The only team it really fit was Columbus, but they were still boring. I'd never buy one.

Both Leafs third jerseys are really good, which I'm happy with.

Also, as for MacLean: I'm surprised, especially after a win. I don't think coaching was their issue. Or is their issue.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Ottawa's fucking stupid. The problem there definitely wasn't coaching.

Melnyk* is fucking stupid.

That said, apparently PMac lost the room. I think this was a learning experience for him, he's gonna be a great head coach for another team while the Sens rot in the basement :(

I got a couple signed Jerseys . . . they only cost like $40 more than an unsigned one.

img-165831-m.jpg
img-274759-m.jpg

Hertl better go on to become a big star now.

The Logan Couture one went for more though.

I was okay with the Pens' although it wasn't too fitting. I guess the blue is classy and could mimic ice or water, but still.

Then Florida had one and Columbus. The only team it really fit was Columbus, but they were still boring. I'd never buy one.

Both Leafs third jerseys are really good, which I'm happy with.

Also, as for MacLean: I'm surprised, especially after a win. I don't think coaching was their issue. Or is their issue.
I wasn't a huge fan but they were OK. I like the baby blue a lot more. The rest were just awful and unnecessary. Still don't understand why you'd mimic another team's jersey.

I met Mike Komisarek and Francois Beauchemin at a Rona once, and got them to sign my jersey. It's a Sundin one from around 2009. Leafs, of course.

I kind of regret it since they're not Sundin, but oh well. I want to buy a new jersey or two, and may even get Sundin on it despite him not having worn a new one (I may not for that reason though). However, I just keep them in my closet and never wear them out of fear of ruining them or getting them dirty.

My Sundin one developed a few flaws for no apparent reason, but a friend pushed them back in for me. You can hardly tell they were there, but it still feels defective to me due to OCD.

The only other jersey I have is one of the cheaper CCM ones you'd get for $40-50 or less at Canadian Tire, from back in the early 2000s. My Dad's ex-boss/friend gave it to me for Christmas.

Top Bottom