• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2014 |OT| Clearsi is the only stat that matters

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
They deserved that win, good to see them get it. That's the best game I've ever watched AGally play, his line dominated the Sedins line all night which is very impressive. Might be their best game of the year, the score was really flattering for Vancouver.

zroid

Banned
GG Leafs, you didn't deserve the win though, playing the full collapse in this third.

Not really.

whlrLtl.png

game was about even for the majority, then score effects took over at the end.

This game just proves to me that both the Leafs and Flames are equally bad

trifelife

Canucks have looked like dog shit for the last 5.5 periods, not too surprised by this outcome but it was such a tease being tied til so late

Fucking Millsy, could you make a game-saving stop just once

Ole ole ole ole

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Not really.

whlrLtl.png

game was about even for the majority, then score effects took over at the end.

This game just proves to me that both the Leafs and Flames are equally bad

LOLOLOLOLOL

This makes me feel bad cause if there was a 'Western' team for me, it'd be the Flames....

Calamari41

41 > 38
Vancouver is best in the West, are you guys still all doom and gloom or are Tabris and I allowed to be optimistic for a change around here?

Red_Man

Final ES Corsi for the top line: Gallagher: 19-0 (100%). Galchenyuk 21-1 (95%). Pacioretty 17-1 (94%)

Is this it? Is Desharnais reign of terror finally over? Amazing work from the Gallys and Patches. This line needs to stay for the rest of time.

Andrighetto, Bournival, Beaulieu all need to stay. All were great.

The first period was decent for the Leafs, the second period was amazing, and the third was weak but our most important player bailed us out. Your strong third period doesn't mean shit when Bernier stops almost everything.

Too bad deserving wins doesn't give much in the standings though - Leafs will take the two points.

Socreges

Banned
Canucks have looked like dog shit for the last 5.5 periods, not too surprised by this outcome but it was such a tease being tied til so late

Fucking Millsy, could you make a game-saving stop just once

Ole ole ole ole
They've been good otherwise on the road, though. Maybe they just wanted this long trip to be over. They've gotten progressively worse since the Leafs game.

Canucks fans probably thought they'd walk all over Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal, too. Sucks to be them.

I used to respect the Canucks and their fanbase, but that changed after the Game 7 riot and how dirty the Canucks started to play.

That said, it would've been great if they could've beaten OTT/MTL.

Red_Man

Canucks fans probably thought they'd walk all over Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal, too. Sucks to be them.

I used to respect the Canucks and their fanbase, but that changed after the Game 7 riot and how dirty the Canucks started to play.

The Vancouver Canucks are not a good hockey team. They would not even make the playoffs in the Eastern Conference. That much is clear after tonight's events.

;)

Is this a Tabris alt? Or no

Socreges

Banned

So you ARE an alt.

The Vancouver Canucks are not a good hockey team. They would not even make the playoffs in the Eastern Conference. That much is clear after tonight's events.

;)
Please tell me you're in on the joke and not seeing this as irony or something!

zroid

Banned
I got yo back, Acid. Time for Shorks redemption. That loss to the loilers will be the game to turn their season around.

but it will be funny if the Oilers win again

I got yo back, Acid. Time for Shorks redemption. That loss to the loilers will be the game to turn their season around.

but it will be funny if the Oilers win again

I fucking hope the oilers don't win. No one should win to the hockey version of this gif

simpsons-barbeque-pit-kit.gif

fallout

Hutch!

I don't know how to react to a Jets team that plays... well? For entire games? On the road? It's just not computing for me, I always assume they'll start playing awfully every shift. And granted they still do sometimes. ;)
It's pretty incredible what 3 seasons of getting a team back has done to our psyche. From "hey, it's alright to suck ... we got an NHL team again!" to "oh god that Pavelec contract" to "Jokinen could be good, right?" to "oh hey, winning games". I just ... yeah. It's weird.

trifelife

They've been good otherwise on the road, though. Maybe they just wanted this long trip to be over. They've gotten progressively worse since the Leafs game.

Yeah, it's not the end of the world. Getting half the points on a two week trip is alright. Still a darn good road record too. Just happy the boys can get home and rest up. You could even argue that they were the better team in Toronto, sans Ryan ".714 SV%" Miller.

;)

We'd just blame the travel time for everything :)
also the refs :) :)

Red_Man

Shot attempts were 69-30 for Montreal tonight. Damn.

Also, OCDchewie is my new favourite member of NHL-Gaf.

Please tell me you're in on the joke and not seeing this as irony or something!
We've got to go deeper

I'm just kidding around, Habs had them at the end of a long road trip, and were in a must win mode. It was bad timing for Vancouver.

Socreges

Banned
I posted the exact same thing against the Pens after we beat them to drive home the point that you can't really take much away from one game.

I suppose Red saw the same with tonight's game...

Chris R

Yay, I get to drink now and not watch the Avs suck it up since hockey isn't a sport fit to grace TVs in a sports bar apparently!

Top Bottom