• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2014 |OT| Clearsi is the only stat that matters

This is coming from a Kings fan, guys. A Kings fan.
I mean yeah they're shit heads but I have never heard any Kings fan drop the "N-word" when talking about SP.

Can't we all just get along?
15._alex-curry.jpg

My future waifu.

Giants fans can be shitheads. But they don't deserve to be beaten senseless.

You can't act like this when a Dodgers fan got stabbed by two guys that were at a bar in SF and walked to AT&T park just to stab a random Dodgers fan.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Since 2009 #Oilers have had 43 draft picks in 2nd round or later.
They have scored 7 NHL goals.
Tobias Rieder has 4, others combined have 3.
No wonder they're garbage, they can't draft for shit. All those picks and nothing to show for it.

Cake Boss

Banned
That's what I have been saying. They have been making the right picks in the top 3 but can't draft for shit after the top 10 of the first round.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I think even their top 3 picks are questionable. Not one defenseman, really?
Their scouts wanted to draft Murray over Yakupov, but management went and overrode their decision. Not a good sign when management is overriding scouting.

Cake Boss

Banned
I think even their top 3 picks are questionable. Not one defenseman, really?

Which dman did you want them to take? Adam Larsson hasn't done crap yet, Ryan Murray and Yakupov pick is the only pick I question, but then again Ryan Murray has been injured all season. Plus how would he fare in Edmonton with no support and getting rushed in to play as a #1, just like what they are doing with Dreistdal.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
After Hank blowing it last night, I really wish we had a game sooner than Saturday. Could use a palate cleanser. Only two games between now and December 13 (then we have back-to-backs on the 13th and 14th in Western Canada because why not?).

Which dman did you want them to take? Adam Larsson hasn't done crap yet, Ryan Murray and Yakupov pick is the only pick I question, but then again Ryan Murray has been injured all season. Plus how would he fare in Edmonton with no support and getting rushed in to play as a #1, just like what they are doing with Dreistdal.

Murray over Yakupov was specifically the one I was thinking. It wouldn't fix all their problems, but I think they'd be a better team if they had Murray.

Edit: In general I just think Yak is a bust. He's Semin all over again.

I don't even think it's necessarily Yakupov's fault.

He was thrown to the wolves just like all the other first overall picks.

Oilers have no buffer for their young players, the environment is so toxic.

That's definitely fair. I don't think too many kids should walk out of juniors and into the NHL.

Can you imagine if they'd kept those kids on the Barons for a few seasons? How dreadful would the OIlers have been in the meantime?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I agree with the one Habs blog and that we should try and get Yakupov. Trade Emelin, DD and the Oilers can also have Gilbert back.

Socreges

Banned
It's telling that Yakupov has gotten WORSE with each season. He'll probably do very well on whatever team he's traded to.

Cake Boss

Banned

This.

They have no one to insulate the young players.

Put Yakupov in StLouis and give the Oilers Taransenko. One will be deemed a bust and the other on the verge of stardom.

Top Bottom