• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2014 |OT| Clearsi is the only stat that matters

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
McCarron did end up getting invited the the preliminary US WJ camp. Great to see, his play has been fantastic this year, he deserved it.

Curufinwe

After Hank blowing it last night, I really wish we had a game sooner than Saturday. Could use a palate cleanser. Only two games between now and December 13 (then we have back-to-backs on the 13th and 14th in Western Canada because why not?).

And you have to wait till the end of February to play/beat us again.

zroid

Banned
Komarov out, Seguin on fire. Leafs are gonna get slammed tonight.

Yeah no kidding

4U0BKIt.png

So Howe had a major stroke, followed by a minor stroke and now had another major one yesterday.

Yeah this is only going to end one way :(

Foggy

Dammit Howe :(

Hockey gods were angered with a Blue Jackets win over a Panthers team without Luongo. Mark Letestu's 2-4 week groin injury has now morphed into surgery and an additional six weeks of recovery has been tacked onto that. Centers have just been eviscerated this year.
http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=741909

twitter.com/Aportzline

Concerning trend. Letestu is at least the eighth #CBJ player in the year and a half to require abdominal surgery.

What in the freaky freak is going on with their strength and conditioning?!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Dammit Howe :(

Hockey gods were angered with a Blue Jackets win over a Panthers team without Luongo. Mark Letestu's 2-4 week groin injury has now morphed into surgery and an additional six weeks of recovery has been tacked onto that. Centers have just been eviscerated this year.
http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=741909

Are the BJs allowed to just sit out the rest of the season? It's been ridiculously brutal over there. Genuinely feel bad for them. To say they've had terrible luck would be putting it mildly.

Calamari41

41 > 38
SoCal-NHL-Gaf rain! The only thing that sucks is I have to drive to campus now.

I'm flying to Pittsburgh in a half hour for a funeral which takes place tomorrow, but the way the flights work out I have to stay until Saturday. It's supposed to be in the 30s and raining the whole time.

Pray for me, California-Age.

Foggy

Are the BJs allowed to just sit out the rest of the season? It's been ridiculously brutal over there. Genuinely feel bad for them. To say they've had terrible luck would be putting it mildly.

The worst of it is Horton who is living every day trying to hold off career-ending back surgery and hoping for a damn miracle. He'd still be at his athletic peak if it weren't for his back.

I don't think the Oilers did poorly with their #1 picks: you pick the best available rather than fulfilling a positional need. That said, you need to leverage that high pick to acquire assets that would benefit the team down the road. They should've traded down for a roster player or prospect.

Even signing someone like Gomez could've helped: a veteran bottom-six centre on a team weak in that position. But no, they'll continue to ruin their first rounders and make marginal moves like firing their goaltending coach.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So the Rangers Subscriber Player Forum is on Thursday, and they just sent out the lineup of players that'll be there. One of them has the mumps, and the other has some mystery dread disease. So I'm guessing the roster of players attending is going to change.

I'm flying to Pittsburgh in a half hour for a funeral which takes place tomorrow, but the way the flights work out I have to stay until Saturday. It's supposed to be in the 30s and raining the whole time.

Pray for me, California-Age.

Damn bro don't get the sniffles.

lol Kings what are you doing
Rich Hammond
Yeah the Kings definitely did not get permission for this Voynov stuff. They’re trying to claim he could skate because it was optional.
Rich Hammond
If this was an optional skate, it was highly coincidental that every single Kings player was on the ice.

My mind's been so focused on a family member's health (which we found out is good! No cancer!) that I forgot the Leafs played tonight. I thought they played tomorrow night.

Pickard sent down. Roy is seriously dumb as fuck.

Berra would have to clear waivers, no? Unless a call-up plays exceptionally well and the backup can be traded (we saw this last year with Scrivens) this is usually the case when a starter is injured.

A callup is usually a starter in the minors as well, so keeping him up would reduce his playing time to spot starts and hurt the minor league team.

Berra would have to clear waivers, no? Unless a call-up plays exceptionally well and the backup can be traded (we saw this last year with Scrivens) this is usually the case when a starter is injured.

A callup is usually a starter in the minors as well, so keeping him up would reduce his playing time to spot starts and hurt the minor league team.

2014-12-01%2023_19_50.gif

Whhaaaaaaaaat :( :( :( :(

edit: Oh, Varly is back and expected to start. When he gets hurt again sometime next year we just call Captain Pickard back up and should be good to go.

Except Varlamov's injury is something that can come back at any time, and in the middle of the game we're stuck with Berra's shenanigans if that happens. Berra is the one that needs game experience here for fuck sake.

Top Bottom