• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2014 |OT| Clearsi is the only stat that matters

Do you know what sucks the most about having hockey from 11pm - 1am... Having to wait all day to finally play. Surprisingly when I first did that (it was 11pm - 2am) I had a ton of energy and such, the wait to actually play is the hard part.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
god damn amiibo, man. can't even get them on day 1 anymore. the thirst/undershipment is real.

I'm not even going to bother with them outside of a few. Luckily my little brothers are fans of the more popular guys, so I haven't had any trouble with getting them for Christmas.
As long as Little Mac gets to me on time.

Classy comment from Julien. To be expected from the Bruins.

As for the Leafs: They played two games in two nights, got a short breather and now do it again? That's a bit...much.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Nah, just the first time in probably 5-10 years or so. I don't remember all these random filler episodes with Gohan and Piccolo and Goku and stuff.

Once they get past Future Trunks' arrival there really aren't any filler episodes IIRC. Is that right?

That's when Piccolo and Goku take driving lessons.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Nah, just the first time in probably 5-10 years or so. I don't remember all these random filler episodes with Gohan and Piccolo and Goku and stuff.

I was actually shocked at how concise the manga is by comparison when I read through it all for the first time this past summer. And it didn't lose anything compared to the show... In fact, it was way better.

Sucks that Komarov is going to miss his sixth game with this concussion. Hopefully he'll start to feel better soon, as he's a big part of this team and something they sorely missed last year.

He's the biggest part of the team's heart, so to speak.

zroid

Banned
I was actually shocked at how concise the manga is by comparison when I read through it all for the first time this past summer. And it didn't lose anything compared to the show... In fact, it was way better.

a lot of people don't like the recut Kai version and I honestly don't get it. to me it's infinitely more enjoyable than the original series, and I am a DBZ apologist as it is.

Calamari41

41 > 38
a lot of people don't like the recut Kai version and I honestly don't get it. to me it's infinitely more enjoyable than the original series, and I am a DBZ apologist as it is.

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that they watched the "uncut" version for the first time as kids.

Calamari41

41 > 38
haha well I'm in the same boat. but in general I don't treat nostalgic things as untouchable; that's just my personality though.

I tried watching through it again after reading the manga and it was just unbearable. I think the version on Hulu+ is different from the one that aired on Toonami in the 90's, right? It seemed like it had double the filler... Like the first episode on Hulu is nothing but Gohan in the woods, whereas I remember the version I watched as a kid had the first episode end with him getting 'napped by Raditz. That doesn't happen until, like, the third episode in this one.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

The music. Overall Falconer's score was pretty bad, but he made some memorable tracks that are burned into my brain as moments in the show.

I remember the original Kai having some great new music, but it turned out a lot of it was stolen from other stuff, and the original Japanese score is pretty generic a lot of the time imo.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I tried watching through it again after reading the manga and it was just unbearable. I think the version on Hulu+ is different from the one that aired on Toonami in the 90's, right? It seemed like it had double the filler... Like the first episode on Hulu is nothing but Gohan in the woods, whereas I remember the version I watched as a kid had the first episode end with him getting 'napped by Raditz. That doesn't happen until, like, the third episode in this one.

The original dub of DBZ before Funimation took over that aired on Toonami back in the day (so like the first 50 episodes or something) were edited down and had a bunch of filler removed. Episodes 1 and 2 were merged down into episode 1, and so on. Basically exactly like Kai.

Once Funimation took over, they basically restored the whole thing and dubbed all the early episodes uncut, which is what is on Hulu.

Calamari41

41 > 38
The original dub of DBZ before Funimation took over that aired on Toonami back in the day (so like the first 50 episodes or something) were edited down and had a bunch of filler removed. Episodes 1 and 2 were merged down into episode 1, and so on. Basically exactly like Kai.

Once Funimation took over, they basically restored the whole thing and dubbed all the early episodes uncut, which is what is on Hulu.

Thanks for the explanation. So we're basically talking about the Rock the Dragon version vs the uncut original.

Yeah that's what is on the blu rays. Random two episodes of Goku in hell, then an entire episode of Goku in a snake's stomach. Then an episode of Gohan and a robot. Then an episode of Gohan and some orphans. Just random episodes that have no connection.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Going to Habs-Queens tonight. Still haven't decided whether to wear my Canucks jersey or not... But awww yiss

Calamari41

41 > 38
Yeah that's what is on the blu rays. Random two episodes of Goku in hell, then an entire episode of Goku in a snake's stomach. Then an episode of Gohan and a robot. Then an episode of Gohan and some orphans. Just random episodes that have no connection.

I have to admit, that episode with Gohan and the trapped robot was touching.

P78BEVp.png

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
You look like an idiot if you're wearing a jersey at a game that doesn't belong to either team playing. No one cares if you're a Yotes fan watching the Leafs play Detroit.

Sanjuro

I guess if you're a basement dweller, then yeah...you might have some reservations going out in public. If you aren't a fan of wearing sweaters in the first place, then by all means don't do it!

My experience, I've had good interaction with road fans. Asked to join or was pointed towards fun venues and pubs.

Sanjuro

Actually, there was one bad road experience. It was the Mets though, and their ballpark is basically in a crackhead alley underneath a highway.

Smiley90

You look like an idiot if you're wearing a jersey at a game that doesn't belong to either team playing. No one cares if you're a Yotes fan watching the Leafs play Detroit.

I'll definitely wear my Canucks jersey for the Leafs-Ducks game tho.

I mean, it's a Kesler jersey...

Sanjuro

I'll definitely wear my Canucks jersey for the Leafs-Ducks game tho.

I mean, it's a Kesler jersey...

No, dude. Don't wear it! The masses have spoken. I guess I can't wear my Whalers sweater now anywhere. Fuck me.

That reminds me I need to start going to more road games. Pretty much the best thing for baseball and hockey events.

Smiley90

No, dude. Don't wear it! The masses have spoken. I guess I can't wear my Whalers sweater now anywhere. Fuck me.

The Whalers jerseys are obviously okay mate.

You can even wear a Thrashers jersey! If anyone had one!

Solo

Jersey etiquette: serious business!

I'm usually more focused on the game than what other people are wearing. Dress how you like.

Top Bottom