• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2015 |OT| How John Tortorella Stole Christmas

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Fair enough, and honestly thats exactly what I'm doing - just looking at their recent performance. Id would be easy to say "they need Price" back, and while true, Price doesn't score goals and the back ups have been serviceable in relief.

And absolutely, BGally has great value to the team. And getting DSP back will be a huge boost. Now there's a sentence I never thought I'd write.

The team is good, definitely above average, but I still think they are several pieces away from being a true contender. I don't know if a deadline rental will add much, even if it is Stamkos.

Ideally they'd acquire two bona fide top 6 wingers. I'm actually happy with the centre situation for the first time in a long while, even though Galchenyuk has been inconsistent.

Aside from Pacioretty and Gallagher, the rest of their wingers are third line guys at best.

Solo

Absolutely. And frankly, I feel like Patches must be injured or something, because while his production is there, he hasn't looked good all season.

My pie in the sky wishlist is 2 top 6 wingers and a top 4 d-man.

Did you puke in an elevator and have to hold it in your hands/mouth for the rest of the ride? Cause let me tell you... that sucks.

Tapering is really hard with alcohol. I'd just try to not have a few for a couple days and see how you feel.

I'm on mushrooms right now though so this advice is not legally binding.

Nah I didn't do anything like that.

I had a panic attack after a night of drinking and didn't take my alprazolam since I drank way too much so I didn't feel like dying no matter how bad the attack was. So it has been a pretty shitty 24 hours. The Flyers did win though

Solo

I've liked pretty much everything Abrams has done, so I was excited from the first announcement, seeing the real sequel to the movies I first saw with my VHS THX editions I still have.

I'm only a little disheartened that I can't get any reserved seating for any 2D showing which I'd much rather see since 3D is lost on me.

Yeah I'm forced into a 3D showing too, which sucks since the film wasnt made for 3D.

Absolutely. And frankly, I feel like Patches must be injured or something, because while his production is there, he hasn't looked good all season.

My pie in the sky wishlist is 2 top 6 wingers and a top 4 d-man.

I wouldn't mind trading Plekanec if the Trade is Right.

For Wingers. I'd like to have Simmonds or JVR.
Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher
JVR-Galchenyuk-Simmonds

OR

Pacioretty Johansen Gallagher
Eller Galchenyuk Simmonds

Solo

I'll be really curious to see if Tampa does try to orchestrate a sign and trade to get more out of the inevitable Stamkos departure. I'm concerned about Stamkos though, and I sure as hell would be if I were a GM. Dude picked the worst time possible to have his performance fall off. We won't know until he suits up for _______, but I'll be curious to see how he plays there. Is he really over the hill and on the decline at 25, or has he just been mentally checked out in Tampa for the past year? Either way it looks bad on him. He's either on the decline or has poor character.

Cake Boss

Banned
This is in reference to the other group that wants to build an arena in Lebreton:

Oh this is going to be fun.

Hahahaha good. Grinch needs to open up his books and stop being so stingy with the team. I thought he will be ready to spend when the time is right. Isn't it now? Its a competitive team that needs some help.

Anything to keep this bitch ass awake at night is welcomed by me.

I for one welcome the real Ottawa senators built actually in Ottawa and not 25km outside of Ottawa, with billionaire owners that are actually billionaires.

Pikma

Banned
Guys. Your drunk friend will be a drunk no longer.

I need to quit. Some shit happened and it opened my eyes and it's not really helping my anxiety anyway.

Gonna try to taper maybe cold turkey
MultiJhonny does not want to be MultiJhonny anymore

What is wrong with this world

Socreges

Banned
I'd be curious to know what the skew on those numbers from their great first 20 games is though. They were number 1 in scoring at that mark, and us you said, number 2 now. But I'd be curious see where they rank in the league in the last 10-15 games. I feel like their great start masks what a turd team they've been the last few weeks. I know they are "dominating", as Red like to say, other teams in terms of shots and other stats, but how can you say with a straight face that they are dominating anybody when they've lost 6 of 7 games, and been outscored 19-11 in them? The only stat that matters is wins, and if it weren't for the Habs racking them up to start the season, they'd be in a dogfight for a playoff spot. As far as the powerplay goes, lately it looks exactly like the past few years - too much perimeter passing and looking for a perfect play that never materializes.
UVf9L6O.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers also put Kevin Klein on IR in order to squeeze under the roster cap.

Hope no one else gets injured. We're running out of ideas.

MultiJhonny does not want to be MultiJhonny anymore

What is wrong with this world

Nah I didn't do anything like that.

I had a panic attack after a night of drinking and didn't take my alprazolam since I drank way too much so I didn't feel like dying no matter how bad the attack was. So it has been a pretty shitty 24 hours. The Flyers did win though

That's why lol

I can't be drinking and get another panic attack and not be able to take my meds.

I'm not sure what's worse in the TFA OT: Fanboys getting upset at the few negative reactions, or the patronizing 'It's just a good movie, you simple fools' posts.

Socreges

Banned
That's why lol

I can't be drinking and get another panic attack and not be able to take my meds.
What's your drink of choice? Hard stuff? Shitty beer? Do you actually think you have an addiction or are you just reacting to a shitty night?

If you take anxiety meds, you definitely need to cut back. Drinking can aggravate anxiety, as you know. But in moderation you're fine.

What's your drink of choice? Hard stuff? Shitty beer? Do you actually think you have an addiction or are you just reacting to a shitty night?

If you take anxiety meds, you definitely need to cut back. Drinking can aggravate anxiety, as you know. But in moderation you're fine.

I just drink beer. I never was a huge fan of the hard stuff.

But I mean I honestly don't know. for all I know I could be addicted to the alprazolam and since I didn't take any Wednesday or yesterday it could have caused a rebound effect.

Main thing is though is that 2 downers are quite bad for you. It is really not recommended to take xanax and alcohol together due to CNS depression.

Pikma

Banned

But I mean I honestly don't know. for all I know I could be addicted to the alprazolam and since I didn't take any Wednesday or yesterday it could have caused a rebound effect.

Main thing is though is that 2 downers are quite bad for you. It is really not recommended to take xanax and alcohol together due to CNS depression.

Yeah that shit could definitely kill you, be careful man

Yeah that shit could definitely kill you, be careful man

Yeah that's why I didn't take my meds last night. I don't feel like dying at 22.

But i don't have much qualms quitting beer cold turkey. I honestly probably don't drink as much as I let on but I still drink a damn good amount.

So I got some shit to deal with

Cake Boss

Banned
Depending on the team, for the Blue Jackets to consider trading Johansen either a top young defenceman or a top young centre has to be included in the return.

Dreger about RayJo.

Basically 'team is looking to trade good young player for another good young player'

Do what I do. Acquire very specific, expensive tastes. Sours and DIPAs. Drink less or break the bank.

I have an expensive taste for beer for the most part. I mainly stick to nice german beers, or craft beer here in the states.

My big thing I guess at this time isn't just the drinking but I am curious if I developed a dependence on alprazolam. So I am currently calling my doc to see what he says about my symptoms.

I really hope it was just anxiety brought on by alcohol. But that rarely if ever happens with me, and last night was bad. i maybe slept like 30 minutes? honestly not sure. I know it was almost daylight by the time I fell asleep but it didn't last long.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'd be curious to know what the skew on those numbers from their great first 20 games is though. They were number 1 in scoring at that mark, and us you said, number 2 now. But I'd be curious see where they rank in the league in the last 10-15 games. I feel like their great start masks what a turd team they've been the last few weeks. I know they are "dominating", as Red like to say, other teams in terms of shots and other stats, but how can you say with a straight face that they are dominating anybody when they've lost 6 of 7 games, and been outscored 19-11 in them? The only stat that matters is wins, and if it weren't for the Habs racking them up to start the season, they'd be in a dogfight for a playoff spot. As far as the powerplay goes, lately it looks exactly like the past few years - too much perimeter passing and looking for a perfect play that never materializes.
When you say shit like this, you start to sound like someone from Leafs MSM. Of course dominating these teams in possession, and shots matter, it's a long season, there will be ups and downs. Just like they're not as good as a 10-0 start, they're not as bad as a 1-7 streak they're one, but they're damn good. The Kings lead the league in SOG, possession and in limiting shots against and the final shot total was 45-19 for the Habs. If you don't think that matters because they didn't get the win, I don't know what to say. The team still needs one more top winger, but pretending like this team is anything like past years teams is ridiculous. They're missing the league MVP and their best RWer, with a guy picked up off of waivers on the first line, the fact they're still dominating great teams in possession is amazing.

Line_HTX

Jesus, that sounds pretty scary. Your descriptions of your panic attacks remind me of the nightmare fuel gifs you post, like that Peter Dinklege one.

Why do you need to take alprazolam for?

ZeroGravity

I'm not sure what's worse in the TFA OT: Fanboys getting upset at the few negative reactions, or the patronizing 'It's just a good movie, you simple fools' posts.
It's the very definition of an "okay" movie. The whole thing is pretty much a complete rehash of A New Hope, so if that's all someone wants, I'd imagine they'd love it. There's certainly plenty of legitimate criticism that can be leveled at it.

Quick

Banned
Just finished watching episode 1 of Road to the Winter Classic Habs/Bruins.

It was pretty dull, to be honest. PK was the only thing interesting in the entire episode, and it's not surprising that he was mostly the sole focus of the Habs segments. Fashion is generally on point, but he needs to lose the trilby hats.

Max Talbot has a family now. I remember watching the first HBO 24/7 with the Pens/Caps, and the dude was labelled as one of the single guys on the team. Makes me realize how long the NHL's been doing the Winter Classic and their documentaries.

Hoping episode 2 picks up more interesting stuff.

Jesus, that sounds pretty scary. Your descriptions of your panic attacks remind me of the nightmare fuel gifs you post, like that Peter Dinklege one.

Why do you need to take alprazolam for?

I actually have clinically diagnosed panic disorder. (not some internet self diagnosis people like to do to themselves lol) but if people do see their symptoms correlating to panic disorder or some other anxiety disorder they should for sure go to a doctor.

but yeah it is really weird what triggers them, like I can separate media from real life so nothing in movies will trigger a panic attack or anything.

The fucked up thing about panic attacks is that they sound silly and even though physically you are totally okay it doesn't feel like it. you feel like you are having a heart attack or dying or something else is going wrong that you can't control. They suck. Have gotten a lot better over the years but when they pop up now they are pretty bad.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Probably the worst year they could have done the show with these two teams, all the shit disturbers are gone as is most of the hate. The last game they played was the most tame game between the Habs and Bruins in years.

Top Bottom