• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2015 |OT| How John Tortorella Stole Christmas

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Eichel homecuming, amirite???

Really though, Sabres looking like a reasonably competent hockey team these days.
Best improved team analytically this year I believe. Bylsma seems to be the real deal.

Eichel homecuming, amirite???

Really though, Sabres looking like a reasonably competent hockey team these days.

Eichel and Bylsma saved that team. I mean in a couple of years Buffalo will be good again. Happy for you guys.

And Hey Oilers seems to be playing hell of a lot better than last year.

imBask

Banned
I just checked the Star Wars thread, they're arguing about the unrealistic distance between fictionnal planets

I feel like I need to take a shower now

Quick

Banned
I just checked the Star Wars thread, they're arguing about the unrealistic distance between fictionnal planets

I feel like I need to take a shower now

People feel the need to remind us that they watched Interstellar and now understand time dilation and the theory of relativity in general. I'm assuming it involves a certain scene in the middle of The Force Awakens.

But for real, six Star Wars movies should've conditioned fans enough to know that not everything is scientifically accurate in that universe.

Finally saw Star Wars today, was pretty good. I'm not a super fan I just mainly enjoy watching the movies and don't really care about all that in depth talk people seem to go on about in the lore (actually I enjoy Star Wars games more, mainly KOTOR and Battlefront
We need a new KOTOR NOW!!!
).

But in other news, how the heck are we tied for first in the Atlantic?!?!

Also Baby Wings won another game and have 15 straight wins in a row... That's right 15 straight wins in the AHL right now.

imBask

Banned
People feel the need to remind us that they watched Interstellar and now understand time dilation and the theory of relativity in general. I'm assuming it involves a certain scene in the middle of The Force Awakens.

But for real, six Star Wars movies should've conditioned fans enough to know that not everything is scientifically accurate in that universe.

Yes it involves a scene, and some people have a hard time understanding that 1) it's science fiction, and 2) the lore is all messed up anyway because Lucas is a dingdong so who cares

btw I watched Interstellar this year and spent the next 3 months watching a billion documentaries about space and shit... I really loved that movie, I found a new "passion" because of it! brb making a thread pretending i'm an astrophysicist

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Yes it involves a scene, and some people have a hard time understanding that 1) it's science fiction, and 2) the lore is all messed up anyway because Lucas is a dingdong so who cares

btw I watched Interstellar this year and spent the next 3 months watching a billion documentaries about space and shit... I really loved that movie, I found a new "passion" because of it! brb making a thread pretending i'm an astrophysicist

tumblr_nn6to1uEYn1qdw4dpo2_250.gif
tumblr_nn6to1uEYn1qdw4dpo4_250.gif

Honestly, some of the shit that Lucas did in the prequels pisses me off more than any hypothetical distance between planets.

Holiday

Banned
That was a fun game to watch in person. I was sure the Blues would lose, but Robbbbb saved the day. 6-0 Stars tomorrow guaranteed though.

Star Wars is fantasy in a sci-fi setting. It's more about knights and wizards than space tech.

Quick

Banned

I really liked Interstellar, but people need to chill the fuck out. :lol

Star Wars is fantasy in a sci-fi setting. It's more about knights and wizards than space tech.

Basically this. It isn't conventional sci-fi. Empire Strikes Back is the most sci-fi of the series, I'd say.

Livingskeletons

If I pulled that off, would you die?
Messy game.
Hope Carter is ok because Kings are fucked if he is out long term.
The Muzzin hit was a disaster, good thing the rest of the league is usually asleep at this time or they would be up in arms.

Kopi made it look easy in OT.

Fei

Best improved team analytically this year I believe. Bylsma seems to be the real deal.

The bar was so low from last year, I think that almost had to be the case.. But yeah, Bylsma has the team much more grounded in today's NHL than Nolan ever did.

Eichel and Bylsma saved that team. I mean in a couple of years Buffalo will be good again. Happy for you guys

Ryan O'Reilly deserves much more of the credit for this year than Eichel. Absolutely the best player on the team so far. Ristolainen and Eichel look like true 1D and 1C for the future. The real question for me is whether Robin Lehner is a starting NHL goalie.

Interesting OT strategy. Didn't start with the Sedins and Edler. Still spent a lot of time in the defensive zone before the winner, though.

The Canucks won with their backup and a slew of injuries. Their defence was basically just Edler.

Considering how Pittsburgh is on their second coach after Bylsma already, I wonder if he was the main problem there.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Considering how Pittsburgh is on their second coach after Bylsma already, I wonder if he was the main problem there.
I questioned him a lot as the Pens coach with their lack of success in relation to their talent, but it seems pretty obvious at this point the roster needs to have some major adjustments.

Finally saw Star Wars today, was pretty good. I'm not a super fan I just mainly enjoy watching the movies and don't really care about all that in depth talk people seem to go on about in the lore (actually I enjoy Star Wars games more, mainly KOTOR and Battlefront
We need a new KOTOR NOW!!!
).

But in other news, how the heck are we tied for first in the Atlantic?!?!

Also Baby Wings won another game and have 15 straight wins in a row... That's right 15 straight wins in the AHL right now.
Can we get a new Battlefront too? I've been dying for one of those.

iLLmAtlc

What is your guys' take on fallout 4? I started it today and I'm not that into it. So far feels like I'm playing fallout 3 again lol

The bar was so low from last year, I think that almost had to be the case.. But yeah, Bylsma has the team much more grounded in today's NHL than Nolan ever did.

To illustrate how low the bar was: Ryan O'Reilly's current stats, 35 games in, would put him 3rd on the team in goals and 2nd in points when compared to everyone's full season stats last season.

Habs doing their best Leafs impression...

Hopefully, they can regain their form and Price stay healthy.

I think Therrien will be fired soon.

Eric Engels – ‏@EricEngels

Last time the Montreal Canadiens lost 10 of 11 games, they fired Alain Vigneault and gave Michel Therrien his first NHL coaching job (2000).

Hey AV, you can always come back. I'd love to see how Therrien would manage the Rangers. Tanner Glass on the First line, Zuccarello on the 4th

Stasis

Man this Epix Winter Classic has been underwhelming as fuck.

Both teams kinda sucking, Price out, no HBO/Schrieber. Habs/Bruins deserved better. I'm still gonna watch all of it and cheer for the Habs in the WC but meh. Just meh. Lotta ppl here not even watching it/caring. Shame. Though I really wanna see last night's Bruins/Sabres meltdown with mic'd players. Hopefully it's not too tame. It was fucking awesome the first two years when HBO had it and there were basically no limits. Now it's basically just PK and Marchand's show.

I hate Marchand less now, I have to admit.

Man this Epix Winter Classic has been underwhelming as fuck.

Both teams kinda sucking, Price out, no HBO/Schrieber. Habs/Bruins deserved better. I'm still gonna watch all of it and cheer for the Habs in the WC but meh. Just meh. Lotta ppl here not even watching it/caring. Shame. Though I really wanna see last night's Bruins/Sabres meltdown with mic'd players. Hopefully it's not too tame. It was fucking awesome the first two years when HBO had it and there were basically no limits. Now it's basically just PK and Marchand's show.

I hate Marchand less now, I have to admit.

It's more of the PK Subban show than anything. You see Marchand do a nice thing for Charity on the Winter Classic Doc, Subban Does it ten times better. That's the entirety of the Doc. It doesn't feel like a Rivalry the way the Show is showing it.

zroid

Banned
So, after a bit of Shitty alcohol I ended up at a maid cafe for dinner. That was officially the weirdest thing I've ever experienced

:lol there used to be a maid café in Toronto a few years ago, but it closed down. Some friends from university actually went there once. The reviews were poor.

Top Bottom