• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2015 |OT| How John Tortorella Stole Christmas

iLLmAtlc

kinda depends on pricing. if it's full price each time, =/.

i mean for most games $60 for the full experience hasn't been the case for a while now, so it's not much of a shock.

starcraft 2 tried something very similar right? IRC sales kinda declined each time, so maybe it'll blow up in their faces lol.

I was never interested in it so eh whatever

The savior we need.

wNzdANg.gif

I bet they don't even adapt the whole thing. It'll just be like "chapters from FFVII." Bombing Mission one, Shinra Tower, maybe skipping ahead to Gold Saucer and Cosmo Canyon, Nibelheim, etc.

I think they will. I can see like 1-4 chapters a year at least and probably by like 2017 this game will be finished. Then one big collection in 2018.

GAF is going insane over this. Think it's going to be FF13 all over again but instead it's going to be Life Is Strange/Walking Dead Episodic

I am curious if with episodic they do the whole main FFVII game first as the first episode then do expanded stuff as subsequent episodes like Advent Children, Crisis Core and we can ignore Vincent's spin off

At least we got Nier 2 though.

YES WE FUCKING DO!!!!!

so for Christmas break i am about to start a playthrough of Nier againso if anyone wants to tag along let me know and we could playthrough together.

Calamari41

41 > 38
FFVII is simply too massive of a game to be made in the style we saw the other day and be done before the decade is over. I was in awe of the size of the task when that trailer dropped, so making it episodic makes a lot of sense.

Yawnier

Banned
so for Christmas break i am about to start a playthrough of Nier againso if anyone wants to tag along let me know and we could playthrough together.

I've been itching to do a Nier replay lately as its been almost 3 years since I played it, but Yakuza 5 will prob take my time over the next little while

All I want for Christmas is Nier :(

And I can't find it anywhere

http://www.amazon.com/NIER-Playstation-3/dp/B002BRYIJY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449456820&sr=8-1&keywords=Nier

A little overpriced. SE store is out and is on a waiting list but their stock actually gets back pretty quick but for Nier idk how much longer. it was just 20$ from the store like a month ago

Let's fuck
ing do it

SWEET! I was planning on starting either this Saturday or sometime next week.

Pikma

Banned
http://www.amazon.com/NIER-Playstation-3/dp/B002BRYIJY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449456820&sr=8-1&keywords=Nier

A little overpriced. SE store is out and is on a waiting list but their stock actually gets back pretty quick but for Nier idk how much longer. it was just 20$ from the store like a month ago

SWEET! I was planning on starting either this Saturday or sometime next week.
Sounds fine to me, I just need to find a cable to charge my barely working DS3. :lol

Sounds fine to me, I just need to find a cable to charge my barely working DS3. :lol

probably can find a cheap one at like walmart or amazon lol

but I normally play on easy now since I just like to enjoy to the story and all that entails since this is like my idk 10th or so replay. But Nier 2 has got my jimmies rustled so I think I have replayed it like 3 times since August haha

I gotta power through Star Ocean this week to finish it. Fucking love it though

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Battlefront is half price on the Microsoft online store today, I'm really tempted to get it but don't think I'll have time to play it right now

Battlefront is half price on the Microsoft online store today, I'm really tempted to get it but don't think I'll have time to play it right now

It's okay, I spent $40 on it with no regrets. I will say if you're not that big of a Star Wars fans then it's not worth it. This game rides on the franchise's coat tails. The gameplay lacks any sort of depth, so it's just mindless fun made better by the look and sound.

Socreges

Banned
Happy Hunting Soc
The 'excuse for a videogame' with Bloodborne is so slick... if you know what I mean. FromSoftware is fantastic at world building.

I really want to like it buts too damn creepy for me, found I was more stressed then really enjoying playing it :/
Fair enough. I love how creepy it is. Mixes very well with the punishing nature of the Souls games. And yeah, it's stressful. My heart was pounding when I was playing the first two bosses yesterday. Can't remember ever getting that feeling with a game. Wearing a headset with jacked volume was definitely part of it

did you play the souls games too?

kinda regret not jumping on it. oh well, maybe it'll go on sale for boxing day or something >_>
I've played DeS and DaS, but not DaS2. The lack of a shield is rough, but it gives the game a very different style.

It's $40 on the Store btw. So not too bad. I just bought it used ("never played") off someone.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, Hank set another Rangers franchise record tonight, as this was his 302nd non-shutout win, which passes Mike Richter for most all-time. Kind of a weird record. :D

And the Rangers improved to 163-1-9 in their last 173 games in which they lead after 2 periods.

calder

I wasn't good enough to play bloodborne. :(

I played a couple of hours but couldn't get past the cleric beast, and I was busy with other stuff so I stopped playing and just haven't tried since. One day...I'm sure the combat will click eventually.

Socreges

Banned
I wasn't good enough to play bloodborne. :(

I played a couple of hours but couldn't get past the cleric beast, and I was busy with other stuff so I stopped playing and just haven't tried since. One day...I'm sure the combat will click eventually.
When you want to take another shot, check out this thread and this guide. Some great advice - helped me get up to speed pretty quickly.

Quick

Banned

I just gave the site a hit and read its content.

Going to save everyone a click:

Corrado is basically the central figure of a supposed power struggle between Lou and Babcock. The main issue is the fact that Corrado hasn't played a single game yet, and that Babcock controls the product that goes out on the ice (no shit), and Lou claiming him wasn't something Babcock wanted/needed.

The article compares the situation to Subban's addition to Team Canada in Sochi.

The Corrado situation is weird. I think zroid or Samyy explained the situation, which I was able to sit comfort with (wouldn't mind a repeat of that explanation though).

In the end, it's all speculation based on Corrado sitting out the year so far.

Oh God. The Kessel is uncoachable and Kadri is a 3rd liner who "thinks he's good."

Now we're debating Canadian NASCAR drivers. Kill me.

These guys probably think Kadri is a member of ISIS too.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Surprised no ones talking about how shit the Lightning have been this year, Ottawa has a better record than Tampa

Top Bottom