• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2015 |OT| How John Tortorella Stole Christmas

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
article was being weasely about it imo. it'd be one thing if he reported as a fact that stamkos wants out of town, but he's just kinda guessing, so meh.
I honestly don't know how familiar you are with Mirtle, but he's not the type to put out such a report without having some legitimate information.

No GM would make a huge trade offer for him knowing he's set on hitting FA now.

Best chance in this scenario is he becomes a rental for a playoff team for a low-to-medium-sized return.

Yzerman potentially losing both St. Louis and Stamkos. Wow.

Yzerman is probably going to lose Drouin as well soon.

I'd love to have Stamkos in Montreal. He could be the guy. PK and Stamkos doing absolute magic together mmmm

If we can't get Stam Stam, he's all yours Toronto.

#OperationBringCrosbyHome is in a effect right now

Red_Man

Canucks should be embarrassed that Mashinter scored.
GySVobc.png

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Man I wouldn't mind us losing if we were actually trying and the games were entertaining. This is just sad :/

We have no compete at all most nights.

zroid

Banned
man I just looked at the full standings for the first time in ages

good lord the Pacific is a travesty

Also I never realized the Isles record was as good as it is. Nobody ever talks about them except to crack jokes about Marvie's parking spot. :lol

Also I never realized the Isles record was as good as it is. Nobody ever talks about them except to crack jokes about Marvie's parking spot. :lol

I looked for the first time at the West standing earlier this week and didn't realize the Kings were 2nd..

Marvie_3

Banned

Get away from my car.

RevoDS

The Ducks are last in the entire conference and are three points away from a playoff spot.

That's just amazing.

Red_Man

TeethMummy doesn't post anymore :(

The Pacific is just silly. Bottom of the standings and somehow you still have a Playoff spot like wat.

TeethMummy doesn't post anymore :(

I know where teethmummy went

http://youtu.be/-HXVfH1P8YU

Calamari41

41 > 38
The 2015-16 Anaheim Ducks are going to be the Stanley Cup winners with the lowest regular season point total in NHL history, including winners from lockout-shortened seasons.

Kings are winning it this year then back to nothing for 30 years after Kopi leaves to the Rangers for some reason.

I had a dream this happened. :(

Calamari41

41 > 38
I mean I hate to say it Kaeptain, but it's going to be an even year so The Living Christ has basically guaranteed us a Stanley Cup parade in Los Angeles and a World Series parade in San Francisco.

I mean I hate to say it Kaeptain, but it's going to be an even year so The Living Christ has basically guaranteed us a Stanley Cup parade in Los Angeles and a World Series parade in San Francisco.

I can tolerate the Giants winning if I stay out of the Baseball thread.

hopefully when the Kings win this year I will be in LA to see the parade.

I really hope the league doesn't expand to Las Vegas.

This will likely happen unfortunately. On the plus side we might get Quebec in the process and the more Canadian teams, the better.

Actually quick question for some (likely just Habs fans) folks on here: If (when) Quebec gets a NHL team again would you continue rooting for them or jump ship to the SS Nordiques.

This will likely happen unfortunately. On the plus side we might get Quebec in the process and the more Canadian teams, the better.

Actually quick question for some (likely just Habs fans) folks on here: If (when) Quebec gets a NHL team again would you continue rooting for them or jump ship to the SS Nordiques.

Seattle or Portland would make more sense to me. They both already support local professional teams. So I don't see why Las Vegas. Hell even Salt Lake City makes more sense

Seattle or Portland would make more sense to me. They both already support local professional teams. So I don't see why Las Vegas. Hell even Salt Lake City makes more sense

I never said it made sense. I expect them to be in the same pot as Arizona once the honeymoon is over. Seattle is off the radar until they can get an arena while Portland...isn't interested I suppose.

I'm worried about what the Leafs' new logo will be, because I'm more than happy with their current one, and love their new jerseys. I haven't bought any of them (I don't really buy jerseys, but do want to own them someday), but would like to pick up all three and would have a hard time deciding between them.

They have some of the best jerseys in the league, which don't need to be changed.

And, as for Bernier: I was admittedly happy to hear he got the shutouts, even though I'm not a fan. But yesterday's performance sounds like typical Bernier. We need to trade him.

I never said it made sense. I expect them to be in the same pot as Arizona once the honeymoon is over. Seattle is off the radar until they can get an arena while Portland...isn't interested I suppose.

Yeah I know you didn't lol just trying to justify the NHL's decision to put a franchise in Vegas

Socreges

Banned
Hah, so many naysayers about Las Vegas. Are you the same people who said hockey would never be a success in Arizona? And now look at it! Really. Look at it. Because no one in Arizona is. They need your help.

Marvie_3

Banned
Hah, so many naysayers about Las Vegas. Are you the same people who said hockey would never be a success in Arizona? And now look at it! Really. Look at it. Because no one in Arizona is. They need your help.
Maybe they can start a kickstarter for the Coyotes' next season. Then like many kickstarters before it, the product will never materialize.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

I still say we should buy the Yotes. It can't be that hard.

Razorskin

----- ------
I still say we should buy the Yotes. It can't be that hard.

We'll keep things as they are with the city footing the bill of the team, the only thing we'll change is have the city council meetings be hosted in Gila River and be put on pay-per-view.

Jim Ross will be the commentator.

Stasis

Not many (any?) actual Quebec residing Habs fans on here. Imbask maybe? I do know a lot of ppl who will go back to the Nordiques though. Older generation mostly. People who grew up being fans and having the Montreal rivalry and who were kinda "forced" into Habs fandom to stay in province. More prevalent among Francophones as far as I can see, in the Montreal area where I am anyway. But I do think a huge amount of people from like Trois-Rivières up will auto-switch. Montreal and area are vastly different from anywhere about 1.5/2 hours out. Like a different people/culture in some respects. Quebec City and Montreal really aren't at all similar. Even speak differently. Just having an opportunity to be rivals will be exciting for a lot of them.

Top Bottom